Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: We came out of college station with one win

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    People were worried we would go 0-9 or 1-8 to start the SEC- we are sitting at 3-3 and in a good spot heading into next week. We are ranked.

If you arent happy with baseball right now- you just choose not to be. As far as Parker goes, he has done a good job but this was what was expected out of this staff this year. I've been saying it for months. Parker even said it himself- "most talented staff he has ever coached"
    Shame Lemon couldn't pickup a RH bat out of the portal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Shame Lemon couldn't pickup a RH bat out of the portal.
    Or a LH bat. Of course we have Stevens hanging out in the dugout.

vCash
    That?s the STUPIDEST thing I have seen on here in a while. You are a 17 STUPID MFER

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reunion Dog View Post
    That?s the STUPIDEST thing I have seen on here in a while. You are a 17 STUPID MFER
    Posted at 1:41 AM on Sunday morning. Go to bed, you are drunk.

vCash
    Night and day difference from last year to this year.

We competed. Aggies have lost 3 games all year. We are one of those 3. We DRILLED an LSU team that is a top 10 team, for sure.

We are in the mix. If you can't enjoy watching us compete, which we have, it is a YOU problem.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    That?s all I could expect. Now get atleast 1 next weekend in Gainesville and I?m satisfied. Come back home and win 2 against Georgia. We are better than I think most folks thought. We are a 2 seed type tourney team. Much improved over last year.
    If we're truly good, we should win the UF series. Taking one at TAMU was fine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowDawg View Post
    I'm interested in this line of thinking. Florida is ranked ahead of aTm, and they won a home series vs aTm

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowDawg View Post
    Going on the road and taking one from a top 10 team, w/o your best pitcher, is considered acceptable.

vCash
    The past couple of seasons have made some fans soft. Posts on here happy with taking one game this weekend, hoping for just 1 game against Florida. I get that is baseball reality, but at some point, I would like our national championship HC to actually parlay into a team with as much talent as we are playing against.
    It should be ok on here to both be surprised at 3-3, but also wonder how we have not developed since the title run compared to the top of the SEC teams raising the bar.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
    The past couple of seasons have made some fans soft. Posts on here happy with taking one game this weekend, hoping for just 1 game against Florida. I get that is baseball reality, but at some point, I would like our national championship HC to actually parlay into a team with as much talent as we are playing against.
    It should be ok on here to both be surprised at 3-3, but also wonder how we have not developed since the title run compared to the top of the SEC teams raising the bar.
    We're 3-3 vs championship level teams.

vCash
    Im fine where we are right now. Hopefully the team will continue to improve as the year goes on. If so we will certainly make the SEC tournament. NCAA?s? To be determined.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Again...we can be happy with that, but still be sour as hell about what has Lemonis developed on his own, and his evaluations so far. I hope the 3-3 launches into a good year, and a good next season.
    I can still be skeptical of his evaluations for the long term as we watch "Championship teams" and ask if we have similar freshmen and sophomores, returning for next year.

vCash
    I'm old enough to remember we State was a Championship level program.

In Football, State never will be unless the inevitable breakaway of the Big schools happens and State is allowed to cheat like the rest of them.

In Basketball, State is not and has never been, but with the right recruiting and a little legal cheating can be competitive with C level programs.

In Women's basketball State has been to the Top and again, signing top 100 players, might could again.

But in Baseball, it should be in the top 5 SEC programs every year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    I'm old enough to remember we State was a Championship level program.

In Football, State never will be unless the inevitable breakaway of the Big schools happens and State is allowed to cheat like the rest of them.

In Basketball, State is not and has never been, but with the right recruiting and a little legal cheating can be competitive with C level programs.

In Women's basketball State has been to the Top and again, signing top 100 players, might could again.

But in Baseball, it should be in the top 5 SEC programs every year.
    Why should we be top 5 in the sec every year in baseball? Is our NIL top 5? Do we have a recruiting advantage like vandy?

ETA... now we certainly shouldn't be horrible like the last 2 years.
    Last edited by msstate7; 03-24-2024 at 01:55 PM.

vCash
    I'm interested in this line of thinking. Florida is ranked ahead of aTm, and they won a home series vs aTm
    K
    Florida going into today’s game are 13-9. No way should they be ranked so high at least today. They are beatable as we are.
    I am hoping we win the series agaist them. Lemonis is in year 6, too many on ED making excuses for him. I’m not big fan of him, I just want us to go into each series with confidence and thinking we will or can win. Btw, 3-3 is ok, I’m not mad about where we are, I just want us to be better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    K
    Florida going into today’s game are 13-9. No way should they be ranked so high at least today. They are beatable as we are.
    I am hoping we win the series agaist them. Lemonis is in year 6, too many on ED making excuses for him. I’m not big fan of him, I just want us to go into each series with confidence and thinking we will or can win. Btw, 3-3 is ok, I’m not mad about where we are, I just want us to be better.
    P.S. just because I’m not a big fan doesn’t mean I want him to be fired or lose games. I’m all in for MSU Baseball. I have seen many MSU baseball games home and away.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reunion Dog View Post
    Drunk or not if you're talking about Santiago's post I couldn't agree more with you.

vCash
    Why should we be top 5 in the sec every year in baseball? Is our NIL top 5? Do we have a recruiting advantage like vandy?

ETA... now we certainly shouldn't be horrible like the last 2 years.
    We're definitely top five in the country as far as caring about baseball and wanting to be successful in it. Baseball is too fickle of a game for anyone to ever be top 5 "every year" but we should be top 5 in the SEC more often that not, that's for sure.

John Cohen did it in 4 of his last 5 seasons. Cannizaro did it. Henderson tied for 7th with a dumpster fire coaching situation. Lemonis did in his first 2 years.

That's a 9-year stretch with 8 SEC seasons and 6 top 5 finishes. The remaining 2 were 15-15 and then a really bad year where we immediately bounced back though. There are lots of coaches out there who could have us in the top 5 in the SEC more often that not. I hope that Lemonis is one of them, but if he's not, he's can, should, and will be replaced by someone who is.

vCash
    My bad ms7, LSU is rated way too high. Gators kicking them to the curb today. LOL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    We're definitely top five in the country as far as caring about baseball and wanting to be successful in it. Baseball is too fickle of a game for anyone to ever be top 5 "every year" but we should be top 5 in the SEC more often that not, that's for sure.

John Cohen did it in 4 of his last 5 seasons. Cannizaro did it. Henderson tied for 7th with a dumpster fire coaching situation. Lemonis did in his first 2 years.

That's a 9-year stretch with 8 SEC seasons and 6 top 5 finishes. The remaining 2 were 15-15 and then a really bad year where we immediately bounced back though. There are lots of coaches out there who could have us in the top 5 in the SEC more often that not. I hope that Lemonis is one of them, but if he's not, he's can, should, and will be replaced by someone who is.
    Look, I want us to win and excel as much as anyone. And my expectations are that if we aren't competing to host the we aren't successful. That being said, this isn't the SEC of Ron Polk where MSU cared and no one else did. Since UGA won the SEC's first CWS in 1990, a total of 7 SEC schools have won. Arkansas has been within 1 out of a win. And adding Texas and OK add two more championship teams to that list; and A&M, Tennessee and Auburn have all been to the CWS in the last half decade. Kentucky and Bama have both made Supers last year. That means we have exactly 1 team that hasn't shown they are able to build a winner - Missouri. As much as SEC football is a league where the margin of error is thin - SEC baseball has become that on steroids. I think this I going to be a season where this becomes abundantly clear - and teams 1-13 may be stacked up and all fall within 14-17 wins. Tennessee may, may be an exception to this - but I don't think anyone else runs away from the pack.