Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
I think we can say we're a top 25, maybe top 20 team. Good enough to steal a game or series vs anybody if we come in particularly hot, but also we can drop a series vs unranked teams.

All in all we're better than I thought we'd be, but still not at the "State level" of competing for hosting.

If we get into the Host conversation I'll be happy with keeping Lemo. If we aren't in the hosting convo BUT win a regional, I'll be happy with keeping lemo. If we continue to look like a top 25 team and playing hard, I'm fine with keeping lemo even if we get bounced as a 2 seed, but I'm not excited about him coming back in that case. Remember this is an "up" year in the cycle, next year we will likely be worse.

Watching Montgomery tee off on us really added insult to injury. We HAVE to be able to get an extra elite player from the Portal to add to the home grown talent, and Lemo failed. So I'm probably being more negative overall than I should be because of that
Losing Dakota Jordan and Hunter Hines will hurt more than anything. But I think our pitching will be much better.

Fri- Stevens?
Sat- Loftin
Sun- Loo

Really need a RHP that is elite to start. Hopefully Parker can land someone.

Closer- Forsythe
Set-up Dotson
Wild Card- Makhai Grant coming off of Tommy John. If he is healthy he could be the elite RHP we need. It's going to be interesting to see how they use Stevens next year as a true dual position guy.

C- Highfill?/Spalitta/Transfer
1B- McKenzie
2B- Mershon
3B- Transfer or Henry Allen
SS- Cupp

LF- Chance or Aaron Downs if he comes back as a senior
CF- Dante Nori- elite freshman who should start day one next year
RF- Stevens