Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Game 3 Thread vs Texas A&M

vCash

vCash
    I found this morris hodge. He did umpire a few games in mlb as a replacement ump. I see why they didn't keep him!

Morris Hodges umpired a number of major league games around the turn of the 21st century, although he was never part of the permanent umpiring staff. He was brought up from AAA to fill in when regular umpires were unavailable. He saw his first action in the National League in September of 1999, when he worked 7 games. The two leagues combined their umpiring staffs in 2000 and he had his busiest season, coming up for 22 games. He then worked 16 games in 2001, the last coming in May.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Would like to know what HH said to the UMP./
    Who cares. The ump has no right to do why he did

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbub50 View Post
    Yall are making it sound like the ump punched him, it was not that bad. Hines reacted poorly and bowed up to the ump- I thought Hines was about to bump him. Not really offended by what the ump did honestly. All move on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MoreCowbell View Post
    Yall are making it sound like the ump punched him, it was not that bad. Hines reacted poorly and bowed up to the ump- I thought Hines was about to bump him. Not really offended by what the ump did honestly. All move on.
    You can't make contact with an ump. Why can an ump make contact with a player?

vCash
    What did any of that have to do with us getting our shit shoved today by a starter who usually does not last 5 innings. We played bad today. We got the job done not getting swept but any time you have a chance to take a series on the road, you have to come to play. We did not.

vCash
    We are about to go 2 straight weekends of the home team winning the series its looking like
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    What did any of that have to do with us getting our shit shoved today by a starter who usually does not last 5 innings. We played bad today. We got the job done not getting swept but any time you have a chance to take a series on the road, you have to come to play. We did not.
    Exactly, He looked like an unhittable all American today.

The MSU starter should not have pitched beyond the 4th. Still would have lost 3-1. If everyone else was perfect. I don't think MSU has a sacred starter that has ever given the coaches a reason to think they can pivot and shut someone down. Left the pen pretty fresh this week.

But if you only score One run on Sunday. You will lose.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    You can't make contact with an ump. Why can an ump make contact with a player?
    This^

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    That's fine. We may have still lost but it's hard to hit pitches that aren't strikes and they're called strikes. And then you have Mopoleon behind the plate trying to bump into our guys- makes it frustrating.

If I was Lemonis I would have gone out there and said you want to bump someone bump me mother****er.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    That's fine. We may have still lost but it's hard to hit pitches that aren't strikes and they're called strikes. And then you have Mopoleon behind the plate trying to bump into our guys- makes it frustrating.

If I was Lemonis I would have gone out there and said you want to bump someone bump me mother****er.
    I'm with you on that, the coach should take up for his players with umps that are out of line. I've always been a praise in public, chew ass in private guy. Sometimes that isn't always possible, but that's what I tried to do.

vCash

Most coaches would have.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Most coaches would have.
    I would've been ejected by the 4th inning 😂! Now mind you I do not curse umps and will not make it personal with an umpire but I'm hard and loud on them and have been run my fair share of times, because i stay on their butt if they're bad. I remember one time we had a really bad ump and I had been riding him most of the game. He told my catcher(who just happened to be my son), I'm gonna run that guy! My son told him go ahead he don't care!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    I would've been ejected by the 4th inning ��! Now mind you I do not curse umps and will not make it personal with an umpire but I'm hard and loud on them and have been run my fair share of times, because i stay on their butt if they're bad. I remember one time we had a really bad ump and I had been riding him most of the game. He told my catcher(who just happened to be my son), I'm gonna run that guy! My son told him go ahead he don't care!
    LOL. That is great.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by magrooder View Post
    I'm with you on that, the coach should take up for his players with umps that are out of line. I've always been a praise in public, chew ass in private guy. Sometimes that isn't always possible, but that's what I tried to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Most coaches would have.
    Absolutely! I'm pretty patient with umpires. I get it's a thankless job. But if an umpire is coming at one of our players like that our coach shouldn't tolerate that. If Lemonis got four games for it and the school got fined (gasp!) so be it. And if he did get kicked out we all know Lemonis would be hiding back in the clubhouse or something like that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    I would've been ejected by the 4th inning ��! Now mind you I do not curse umps and will not make it personal with an umpire but I'm hard and loud on them and have been run my fair share of times, because i stay on their butt if they're bad. I remember one time we had a really bad ump and I had been riding him most of the game. He told my catcher(who just happened to be my son), I'm gonna run that guy! My son told him go ahead he don't care!
    My uncle could throw 96 with a wicked slider he couldn't command I'm sure in high school which was the equivalent of a 1A school in Mississippi and my Dad was the only one who could catch him. One time my Dad and some umpire were disagreeing over the strike zone and the umpire threatened to kick my Dad out. My Dad told the umpire "You can kick me out if you want to but I'm going tell you- I'm the only one who can catch this pitcher and if I'm not here it's going to be a long day for you."

My Dad was allowed to stay in the game.

vCash
    I’ve always wondered how hard it is for a coach to really gauge off the plate one way or the other from the dugout. I’m sure they get feedback from players. When I’m seated over the dug out in stands it’s hard to gauge if it’s off the plate or not and how much. Some of your baseball gurus enlighten me from that angle how they can really tell.

vCash
    They know simply by where the catcher sets up if his team is on D.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbub50 View Post
    I’ve always wondered how hard it is for a coach to really gauge off the plate one way or the other from the dugout. I’m sure they get feedback from players. When I’m seated over the dug out in stands it’s hard to gauge if it’s off the plate or not and how much. Some of your baseball gurus enlighten me from that angle how they can really tell.
    Coaches have real time access to Trackman from what I have heard.

vCash

Just a question, why not just pitch to the same Strike zone? Everyone can feast on a shitty ump. Why did we throw anything to Braden Montgomery.

Not burning the coaches here, I have seen similar obtuseness from MLB teams. Bitching like hell about the wild strike zone but conversely not pitching to the same strike zone themselves.