Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Game 2 thread..

vCash
    If it continues to trend this way, then Lemonis can truly place all of the last two years at the feet of Foxhall.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    If it continues to trend this way, then Lemonis can truly place all of the last two years at the feet of Foxhall.
    Well offense was never really the issue. And when the team ERA is 9+ it's hard for the 1927 Yankees to overcome that. And no- we weren't the 1927 Yankees but we were middle of the pack in the league which is certainly good enough to win games.

Bad pitching and walking people affects defense negatively. Although some of that was Forsythe getting the yips and Alford not being able to focus. That's been taken care of.

Losing like we were also affects swag. Hard to be confident and talk smack when there is a better than average chance that the pitchers aren't going to hold whatever lead we got.

I'm still impressed we somehow had a winning season last year somehow with everything going on.

Lemonis's biggest mistake IMO was not firing Foxhall after 2022.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    I can?t recall a pitching Coach making a huge difference with our staff ever. We?ve had some good pitching Coaches, Parker is da man!

Clutch hitting tonight also.
    I don't think a lot of fans realize just how bad Foxhall was. Absolute trainwreck. Then again- even if he got our pitching staff ERA to 5 which isn't that great that would be a huge improvement over last year. I think Landon Sims covered A LOT for him in 2021. What would 2021 have been like with Parker? Cerentola probably gets developed. Fristoe probably doesn't crash and burn. We know MacLeoud got hurt.

Here's how bad we were- coming into this weekend our team ERA wasn't even in the top half of the league and right now- and we have fans wanting to give Parker assistant of the year. And he has done a good job.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Lol- loving this season after all the haters the last 10 months
    Yep! LOL. Maybe they'll learn a lesson. Or probably not. Lemonis needs to steal this series. If he does we're going to be in really good shape.

It's been funny.

Pre-season- "We all know what's going to happen- this is Lemonis's last year. Don't know why Selmon kept him. Lazy AD."

Austin Peay- "I told you so! Lemonis isn't coming back! We all saw this coming!"

Team gets better once Mershon and Kohler come back- "Yeah we look better but look at who we have played. Our schedule is so weak! We should be beating these teams. Once we get to SEC play we're going to fire Lemonis midseason. Get back to me after we have played three SEC series."

LSU- "OK but we beat LSU last year too."

A&M- "OK I'm starting to believe."

vCash
    What are Tam fans chanting? Couldn?t make it out what they were attempting to chant. It was so annoying. Like Vandy whistler or softball continually chanting from the dugout annoying. Shut up and enjoy the game. They are some weird ass people over there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranchdawg View Post
    What are Tam fans chanting? Couldn?t make it out what they were attempting to chant. It was so annoying. Like Vandy whistler or softball continually chanting from the dugout annoying. Shut up and enjoy the game. They are some weird ass people over there.
    I'm growing to hate aTm as much as anyone other than ole miss. They are so cringe.

vCash
    If you all think aTm fans are bad, just wait until Texas joins. OU has good fans though I just wish SEC had taken Okie State with OU instead of Texas

vCash
    Couldn’t watch the game so just catching up. Major props to Parker with this staff and for Lemonis to hire him. He is making a major difference, along with our defense. Credit Lemonis for getting the D improved too. I was definitely await and see guy but I was pulling for Lemonis because constant coaching turnover is never a good thing for a program( even though we pulled it off before Lemonis somehow). It was still a bit of a rocky start with our weak schedule and I wanted to see us in SEC play. But it seems the guys are mostly healthy, gelling and playing hard, which is awesome. Great job to get the split. Now let’s go get the gravy today!!!

Archimedes
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    If you all think aTm fans are bad, just wait until Texas joins. OU has good fans though I just wish SEC had taken Okie State with OU instead of Texas
    The sec probably missed more revenue by doing this. I?m sure the A&M alumni would have paid easily 50 million a year to have made that happen.

vCash
    Parker has brought swag to the team.
    Lemonis made the hire, after tanking our team 2 years not seeing the issue with pitching early enough.
    No brainer to me who needs to be running this program.

vCash
    I can?t recall a pitching Coach making a huge difference with our staff ever. We?ve had some good pitching Coaches, Parker is da man!

Clutch hitting tonight also.
    Cade coached by Parker would have been great.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
    Cade coached by Parker would have been great.
    Oh, I have thought about this, I can say he has and is receiving some good Coaching now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    Texas fans suck! Snooty, arrogant assholes?.like another school that we hate.

vCash
    Oh, I have thought about this, I can say he has and is receiving some good Coaching now.
    Parker needs to be a HC and soon. Wish it was here. Lemonis let things drag too long.