Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Final Hoops thoughts.......

vCash

Final Hoops thoughts.......

Bye Tolu, you soft SOB. He was our biggest weakness down the stretch. Every run we made down the stretch was with that guy on the bench. He should have been benched due to turnovers and no defense, but I guess Jans felt obligated to play our "All American". What a liability...so glad he's gone.

Jans is a great coach, but he mishandled Tolu. Should have benched him. But we need to extend Jans and try to surround Hubbard with talent.

Mathews is really good, but he can't get in early foul trouble and he has to know that. It hurt today.

We need more offense. Shut Hubbard down and we are toast. Bc again, Tolu sucks.

Disappointing end to a very fun season. Leaves a bad taste. I hated the matchup from the start. Hate that we were never even in the game, no runs, no hope. Very deflating.

On to baseball. Praying we are better than I think we are.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Bye Tolu, you soft SOB. He was our biggest weakness down the stretch. Every run we made down the stretch was with that guy on the bench. He should have been benched due to turnovers and no defense, but I guess Jans felt obligated to play our "All American". What a liability...so glad he's gone.

Jans is a great coach, but he mishandled Tolu. Should have benched him. But we need to extend Jans and try to surround Hubbard with talent.

Mathews is really good, but he can't get in early foul trouble and he has to know that. It hurt today.

Disappointing end to a very fun season. Leaves a bad taste. I hated the matchup from the start. Hate that we were never even in the game, no runs, no hope. Very deflating.

Accurate and good post.

vCash

We have to "keep" Hubbard before we can "surround" Hubbard.

But I like your last statements. On to baseball. Praying we are better than I think we are as well. 😳

vCash
    In Cam's defense some of early calls on him in game this year were BS calls. With 2, you have to leave him in though and tell him to lay off if close to foul. He is too important to sit on bench. He and Hubbard make us go.

Don't want to pile on TS but he has not been good most of year. Really over rated. Jans got big work to do to prepare for next year. We must do it because SEC is getting tougher.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    We have to "keep" Hubbard before we can "surround" Hubbard.
    Word is we good with Hubbard and Mathews for next season at this point
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    1. Tolu is gone and we should be glad. In this day and age you cannot have a post player that cannot score beyond 5 ft from the basket. You have to be able to space the floor, especially since we have no outside shooters, sans Hubbard.

2. I do not mind keeping Matthews or Moore but they need to understand what their roles are going into next season. Moore needs to be a 3 and D guy and Cam is there for defense.

3. We need about 3 more 3 and D guys.

4. Please for the love of god, do not use all our NIL money on some prima donna “shooter” who does not know where the defensive end of the floor is. Much less how to play it. Taylor was a bad shooter on top of being shitty at defense.

5. Let Murphy go. He has all the talent in the world but plays reckless on offense and lazy on defense.

6. Just keep building.

vCash
    I'm surprised (in a good way) we made the tourney. Disappointed we again lose the first round but it's nice to have a post season that's not NIT.

I think Jans really got the most out of what we had. There aren't very many coaches I believe that could've gotten us to the tourney.

We need more and better offense. We've been so bad on offense recently that we heap praises on a 35% shooter. I guess at least he throws up shots but we'll never go past the first round when our best point scorer shoots at that rate. Secondly our FT shooting is dang near the worst in the country.

vCash
    We didnt lose because of coaching- we just struggle to shoot the basketball. That has to be addressed in recruiting
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Word is we good with Hubbard and Mathews for next season at this point
    That's a hell of a start for a team. Hopefully we hit on another freshman guard next season in Warren

vCash
    I?m a big Jans fan. I think he?s achieved way above what he has or can get. Last year just barely making the tournament with NO three point shooter is unbelievable. IMO he should have gotten national coach of the year for just making it to the tournament last year.

Question?.why is our offense spacing so bad. Multiple times Tolu would get the ball down low and he would be double teamed or even triple teamed there has to be somebody open. One time in today?s game Tolu was double teamed and the only person open was DJ and he was at the top of the key. I imagine he was there to guard against fast break but that should be the guards job.

vCash

Agree.
    But i think that Jans needs an offensive mind bench coach to help him, an "OC' of sorts. Someone who will be straight with him if another Tolu situation comes about.
    "Hey coach, hes playing soft, bench him!"
    On to the diamond.
    Love All Worship One!
    Go Dawgz!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GoDawgz View Post
    Agree.
    But i think that Jans needs an offensive mind bench coach to help him, an "OC' of sorts. Someone who will be straight with him if another Tolu situation comes about.
    "Hey coach, hes playing soft, bench him!"
    On to the diamond.
    That is why I really wish Milner would have gotten the NMSU job when Jans left. He could have brought in an offensive minded bench coach to balance out all the defensive coaches we have

vCash
    South Carolina laid an egg too. It’s not looking very good so far for the SEC, although I expect UK and UT to cruise to wins tonight

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    South Carolina laid an egg too. It’s not looking very good so far for the SEC, although I expect UK and UT to cruise to wins tonight
    SC and us were underdogs despite being seeded higher. Neither shoulda got beat like they did, but they were expected to lose

vCash
    You can like Tolu or not. Maybe he underachieved. But I don’t like calling a guy that played for us, and seemed to stay out of trouble, a son of a bitch. That’s my opinion, and many on here won’t agree, which is fine. You can call him soft, because at times he was soft. You can call a player lazy, if at times they are in fact lazy. You can call a player an idiot if they act like an idiot. But I can’t think of a time that Tolu was, or acted like, a son of bitch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    You can like Tolu or not. Maybe he underachieved. But I don?t like calling a guy that played for us, and seemed to stay out of trouble, a son of a bitch. That?s my opinion, and many on here won?t agree, which is fine. You can call him soft, because at times he was soft. You can call a player lazy, if at times they are in fact lazy. You can call a player an idiot if they act like an idiot. But I can?t think of a time that Tolu was, or acted like, a son of bitch.
    This......I hate seeing our "fans" trash our own players. Shows their ignorance.
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    You can like Tolu or not. Maybe he underachieved. But I don?t like calling a guy that played for us, and seemed to stay out of trouble, a son of a bitch. That?s my opinion, and many on here won?t agree, which is fine. You can call him soft, because at times he was soft. You can call a player lazy, if at times they are in fact lazy. You can call a player an idiot if they act like an idiot. But I can?t think of a time that Tolu was, or acted like, a son of bitch.
    I agree on Tolu for sure.
    Near as I can tell he's a class act for the most part. Doesn't complain or cause trouble and plays team ball. I like the guy. Just wish he was more powerful down low and would play above the rim more than he does.

vCash
    I ain?t gonna bash Tolu. I?m not sure he was the same this year because of an injury to his leg. He missed 14 games and this injury wasn?t his first. Time to move on, blaming Tolu wasn?t our problem today. We played bad in all aspects and even coaching wasn?t the best today.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AROB44 View Post
    This......I hate seeing our "fans" trash our own players. Shows their ignorance.
    It’s fine to trash them when they deserve it. They are big boys. It’s okay to call a dumbass a dumbass. So I can live with Tolu being called soft. But when has he deserved to be called a son of a bitch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    1. Tolu is gone and we should be glad. In this day and age you cannot have a post player that cannot score beyond 5 ft from the basket. You have to be able to space the floor, especially since we have no outside shooters, sans Hubbard.

2. I do not mind keeping Matthews or Moore but they need to understand what their roles are going into next season. Moore needs to be a 3 and D guy and Cam is there for defense.

3. We need about 3 more 3 and D guys.

4. Please for the love of god, do not use all our NIL money on some prima donna ?shooter? who does not know where the defensive end of the floor is. Much less how to play it. Taylor was a bad shooter on top of being shitty at defense.

5. Let Murphy go. He has all the talent in the world but plays reckless on offense and lazy on defense.

6. Just keep building.
    1. I think Tolu is a great team mate and good dude. I like him. He can be good at times but missed way too many at the rim. Is not threat except spinning around the rim. Just not enough at that position. Wish him luck.

2. Moore can score but he played tenative down the stretch, not sure why. Cam can score and about the only thing he can't do is a spot up jumper. If Cam can work on a mid range jump shot, watch out. He has a nice shot at FT line. He needs personal coach to develop that before next year. He can do it.

3. We need at least 2 more 3 shooters, course D but we need 2 quality bigs too.

4. Gotta spend smart money

5. Murphy yeah he has potential but too lazy; don't see that changing.

6. We are still building and Hubbard is a heck of a foundation to build around. We can take some more steps next year if he can get the right guys.