Thread: Nolan Stevens is the best player in the country

Ever Been to Gloster?? cheewgumm's Avatar
    vCash

Nolan Stevens is the best player in the country

Prove me wrong

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cheewgumm View Post
    Prove me wrong
    Shhhh. Let's keep that a secret. We don't want Cal St. Fullerton or Fresno St. coming in and stealing him back home.

vCash
    DJ is that guy

vCash
    Charlie Condon disagrees......Guys numbers are off the charts.....

vCash
    Stevens has a gorgeous swing. Assuming he doesn?t leave in the portal, you?ve got essentially two stud players in one with him moving forward on the mound and at the plate.

vCash
    Also, Logan Forsythe needs more innings.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    Charlie Condon disagrees......Guys numbers are off the charts.....
    Condon is a classic story of a small, private school guy everyone missed on. Only had an offer from Rhodes before getting a late walk on spot at UGA, then redshirts. Strickland told me before the UGA-UK game last year that Condon just forced his way into the lineup because he could hit everything. He seemed shocked by it. Guess that lack of recognition of talent is why he got fired.

vCash
    I wish he could move into the DH role, but Lemonis made the comment if he pitches like he did last wk, that is alot on his body this early in his career. I agree to a degree. Right now we need the pitching Stevens and the hitter is second. He is the kind of guy you build a line up around.

I wish some of you would quit with the whole well if so and so stays and doesnt leave in the portal. Name a player we have lost who wasnt a cancer or we let go cause they were playing like shit. We are not the same as football. We are one of the big dogs in baseball no matter what has happened the last 2 years.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    Yessir

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    I wish he could move into the DH role, but Lemonis made the comment if he pitches like he did last wk, that is alot on his body this early in his career. I agree to a degree. Right now we need the pitching Stevens and the hitter is second. He is the kind of guy you build a line up around.

I wish some of you would quit with the whole well if so and so stays and doesnt leave in the portal. Name a player we have lost who wasnt a cancer or we let go cause they were playing like shit. We are not the same as football. We are one of the big dogs in baseball no matter what has happened the last 2 years.

Solid post

vCash

Excellent post!

vCash
    Prove me wrong
    Maybe just a a tad too small of sample size. Just a tad. But he's a good one and doing the be a great two way player

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Maybe just a a tad too small of sample size. Just a tad. But he's a good one and doing the be a great two way player
    Nolan Stevens is basically Roy Hobbs. He's saving Pop Fisher from the axe.

I know this because I once saw Nolan strike out the The Whammer on three pitches at the Airport in Denver. A fastball, a whipeout slider, and then a high fast ball with left right break. Whammer got mad about a spitball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post

I know this because I once saw Nolan strike out the The Whammer on three pitches at the Airport in Denver. A fastball, a whipeout slider, and then a high fast ball with left right break. Whammer got mad about a spitball.
    Video?**

vCash

We certainly aren't losing him to Cal State Fullerton.

Big issue with Stevens is he missed most of the fall with an injury. So physically they may be concerned that he is behind a little bit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    Absolutely. If Auger struggles he may be a darkhorse closer candidate. He has earned more opportunities. I wish we could have gotten him in against LSU late right before we run ruled them. (That felt really good to type)

Come to think of it- when Dohm comes back closer might be a perfect role for Stevens this year.

vCash
    Prove me wrong
    Have you seen Caglianone?
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post

Just keep him away from the dames

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gtowndawg View Post
    Career killers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gtowndawg View Post
    It's undefeated and untied throughout human history.