Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Some people are raising the bar

Banned
    vCash

Some people are raising the bar

On where we are as a baseball team and it?s not fair to Lemo. Earlier this season everyone would have been pumped at the idea of winning 14 sec games. Now we have people moving the bar saying if we don?t host then it?s a bust. That?s not fair. Some of you just want Lemo gone. We could host and you will still move the bar. Just stop. Good coaches improve after tough years. He has. We are a MUCH better team than we have been in the last two years. Enjoy it. Accept Lemonis actually a decent coach and drop it. If we don?t make the tourney I?ll eat my words. But if we make the tourney the man has done a good job this season. If we don?t make it then fire him and I?ll be the first one to say it. But stop moving the line.

vCash
    There are so many threads of them saying no way Lemon makes the NCAA's it doesnt matter. There is no bar raising.

Lemon failed in the portal
    Lemon has lost the team
    Bucket, Bucket, Bucket
    State should never lose in baseball
    We had 4 coaches in 4 years-there is no way that had any kind of impact on the program.
    There is no way we will win 14 games and make the NCAA Tourney
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    On where we are as a baseball team and it?s not fair to Lemo. Earlier this season everyone would have been pumped at the idea of winning 14 sec games. Now we have people moving the bar saying if we don?t host then it?s a bust. That?s not fair. Some of you just want Lemo gone. We could host and you will still move the bar. Just stop. Good coaches improve after tough years. He has. We are a MUCH better team than we have been in the last two years. Enjoy it. Accept Lemonis actually a decent coach and drop it. If we don?t make the tourney I?ll eat my words. But if we make the tourney the man has done a good job this season. If we don?t make it then fire him and I?ll be the first one to say it. But stop moving the line.
    You might want to stop singling out players and saying they shouldn't see the field.

Bad look for you as a minister bringing a holy message.

A couple of guys that were considered of no worth to this team have since had big moments that contributed to wins.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    There are so many threads of them saying no way Lemon makes the NCAA's it doesnt matter. There is no bar raising.

Lemon has lost the team
    Bucket, Bucket, Bucket
    We had 4 coaches in 4 years-there is no way that had any kind of impact on the program.
    Lot of those posters been Mia for the last couple weeks. They did make some brief appearances for the USA game last week but have since disappeared again lol.

vCash

Lemon has lost the team
    Bucket, Bucket, Bucket
    There was some dude saying Lemon should be fired if he starts Bryce Trout then Bryce hit a 3 run homer to turn the tide vs LSU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    There was some dude saying Lemon should be fired if he starts Bryce Trout then Bryce hit a 3 run homer to turn the tide vs LSU.
    I can deal with him at DH vs LHP's in the 8 hole. 5 hole and in Left is just bad coaching

And to add- Lemon did it again Sunday and Trout went 1-5
    Last edited by Coach34; 03-18-2024 at 09:28 PM.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

Banned
    vCash
    I can deal with him at DH vs LHP's in the 8 hole. 5 hole and in Left is just bad coaching

And to add- Lemon did it again Sunday and Trout went 1-5
    This^^

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Lot of those posters been Mia for the last couple weeks. They did make some brief appearances for the USA game last week but have since disappeared again lol.
    Facts!

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    You might want to stop singling out players and saying they shouldn't see the field.

Bad look for you as a minister bringing a holy message.

A couple of guys that were considered of no worth to this team have since had big moments that contributed to wins.
    Just stop. That’s so played. That has nothing to do with the point at hand.

vCash
    My stance still stands that he needs to make a super regional or at the least get put out in the very last game of a regional. No excuse to not be a top 32 team at least once in 3 years at MSU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DawgFromOxford View Post
    My stance still stands that he needs to make a super regional or at the least get put out in the very last game of a regional. No excuse to not be a top 32 team at least once in 3 years at MSU.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion but if we make the tournament, he's not getting fired. Nor should he.

vCash
    I'm not concerned about hosting. He needs to make a Super Regional though unless he wins the SEC or SEC Tournament.

We'll see how is plays out.

vCash
    I’m not sure why people are upset with Lemonis this year outside the Austin Peay series. Everything else has been fairly good and we are definitely trending after that to make a regional

vCash
    Braden Montgomery > Bryce Chance. Lemonis had 2 opportunities to get Montgomery and failed both times

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Everyone is entitled to an opinion but if we make the tournament, he's not getting fired. Nor should he.
    If we barely sneak into a regional and don?t advance or go 0-2 in regional play I can see him getting shown the door.

I like Lemonis and hope he wins big this season and beyond here but I don?t want to get stuck in a middle ground of non interesting subpar baseball all because he made the tournament after 2 of the worst years in MSU baseball history.

vCash
    It's a message board, I don't see the problem with being right or wrong, but to keep beating the drum on ones opinion is not good. I think some of you folks aren't married, LOL.
    I do think we all want Msu to win. I know I do regardless of who is the coach.

vCash
    Dang, now yall are requiring your intramural coach to reach the Supers or be fired after 2 years of not even making the tourney?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I'm not concerned about hosting. He needs to make a Super Regional though unless he wins the SEC or SEC Tournament.

We'll see how is plays out.
    I'm one that doesn't trust him to turn it around, but your bar is higher than mine. If he makes a regional at all, even as a 3 seed, I'm personally ok with keeping him another year. It would be improvement, and that's all I really want to see. The last 2 years and the first part of this season weere stale turds with zero improvement. Now, if we were a 3 seed and he got fired, I wouldn't cry.

If we're a 2 seed, I can't see him getting fired. And I'm fine with that. But we need to get back to our standard of being in the conversation to host most years going forward.

vCash
    The OP is wrong. I've said all along (and so have many others) that just barely making the Tournament is not enough for Lemonis to keep his job. 14-16 has never been good enough. It's host (or at least barely miss hosting) or get out.

vCash
    What happens if we make the regional as a 3 seed playing say in Hattiesburg and lose 2 straight? Pretty sure it would be a tough call, but maybe not. In today's world coaches are paid good money and fans expect more. I read on ED all the time about how "we Msu fans" except or do things in typical Msu fashion. In saying this I hope we win and make some noise, as many have stated "let the season play out".

Hope we win the series against the Aggies!