Thought some of you may enjoy this.

MSU was 20/41 (.488) with 2 outs on the weekend. These 20 hits produced 22 runs. Twenty two! two out runs. They scored 33 total.

MSU hit 31 singles. THIRTY ONE singles. in 3 games. LSU had more extra base hits (12) than state (11) on the weekend.

Obviously, our performance at the plate, in the field and on the mound left a lot to be desired. But I think we really ran into a team that just wasn't going to be beaten this weekend. That said; the way MSU scored runs this weekend simply isn't sustainable - and I don't think any team will do that to LSU again this season (nor will MSU do that consistently). I'm not saying I don't think we'll be beaten, but it won't be by 31 singles and 20 2 out hits.

To add insult to injury, LSU was 7/32 (.219) with 2 outs. We also left 26 on base on the weekend.

There wasn't much LSU did well this weekend, so I know it's hard to be optimistic. Holman didn't have his best stuff, and without 3 unearned runs he gets through 5 innings with us up 3-1. Ack shut the door quickly in a save situation. Tommy seems to have gotten back on track after a slow (for him) start to the season - 5/13 3 HR, 7 RBI. Braswell had a nice weekend at the plate - 4/10 with 2 doubles and 3 walks.