Thread: Home teams go 7-0 on series this weekend

vCash

Home teams go 7-0 on series this weekend

Interesting
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Got to find a way to not get swept the next 2 weeks. Coming home at 4-5 would be a win for me

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Got to find a way to not get swept the next 2 weeks. Coming home at 4-5 would be a win for me
    We will, might even win a series. Relax and enjoy 7(I know you won't relax though lol)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    We will, might even win a series. Relax and enjoy 7(I know you won't relax though lol)
    aTm and Florida will be very challenging to win a series, but hey, I didnt think we'd take this one

vCash
    aTm and Florida will be very challenging to win a series, but hey, I didnt think we'd take this one
    No doubt about. I'd take winning 1 against each but I think this bunch we got ain't scared of anyone and may surprise us even more this year. They just need to keep playing with this intensity and it'll all work out

vCash
    i said we would go 2-1 this weekend

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    i said we would go 2-1 this weekend
    Give this person a dog bone.

vCash
    The recipe has always been, win your home series and don't get swept on the road.

We were one shitty ball/strike sequence by the ump yesterday from a sweep.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Dawg View Post
    Give this person a dog bone.
    i just want a boner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    The recipe has always been, win your home series and don't get swept on the road.

This is the correct answer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    i just want a boner
    Old age or lack of inspiration !! lol

vCash
    Sweeps are the killer. You have to avoid them.

2023 SEC play
    Lost all 3 games - 4 times
    Won 1 game - 3 times
    Won 2 games - 3 times
    Won all 3 games - never happened

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post

Yep. 100% and especially on the sequence from yesterday

vCash
    Well, if you had told me we were going to score 33 runs in the 3 games I would have thought we would have swept. Parker is doing nice work with the pitching staff. The question is has the offense really come to life or was this weekend an aberration. If our offense is going to be anything like this weekend going forward we will be more than OK.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Well, if you had told me we were going to score 33 runs in the 3 games I would have thought we would have swept. Parker is doing nice work with the pitching staff. The question is has the offense really come to life or was this weekend an aberration. If our offense is going to be anything like this weekend going forward we will be more than OK.
    Seems to me as if we're following Gautreau's career pattern. And really the issue was more hitting for extra base hits rather than hitting in and of itself. We've been around the middle of the pack in batting average all year. But we've also been last or near the bottom in slugging percentage. With Hines struggling so badly with power and Kohler getting injured I figured it was probably an aberration. Although our approach in pre SEC play was garbage.

To me, my concern is figuring out the pitching staff. Where does Dohm go when he comes back and how durable will he be? Does Khal Stephen's pitching style work in the SEC? We have Loo in the right spot. We need to get Auger in against Memphis to get him some work. Also, we know that Loftin, Ligdon, and even Holcombe can maybe potentially help us out in SEC play. How soon can we get Loftin in the rotation and how durable will he be? Are we better off moving Dohm back to the bullpen and then who replaces him? Where does Nolan Stevens fit in and how do we maximize his ability as a pitcher as well as a hitter? It's been awhile since we have had a true dual position player like him.

It also sounds like Pico Kohn will be available this week too.

We may very well lose the series to A&M just because of pitching uncertainty while we're trying to figure everything out plus their pitching staff is much better than LSU. And it's on the road.

Also, I think as far as hitting goes we need to let Cupp sit for now. Mershon and Larry are handling the MIF fine for now. And opening up the DH spot gives us a chance to get Stevens in the lineup more. Downs and Chance are both playing pretty well too although Downs has to stay in right now. And I kind of hate saying that because I really enjoy watching Cupp play SS.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Seems to me as if we're following Gautreau's career pattern. And really the issue was more hitting for extra base hits rather than hitting in and of itself. We've been around the middle of the pack in batting average all year. But we've also been last or near the bottom in slugging percentage. With Hines struggling so badly with power and Kohler getting injured I figured it was probably an aberration. Although our approach in pre SEC play was garbage.

To me, my concern is figuring out the pitching staff. Where does Dohm go when he comes back and how durable will he be? Does Khal Stephen's pitching style work in the SEC? We have Loo in the right spot. We need to get Auger in against Memphis to get him some work. Also, we know that Loftin, Ligdon, and even Holcombe can maybe potentially help us out in SEC play. How soon can we get Loftin in the rotation and how durable will he be? Are we better off moving Dohm back to the bullpen and then who replaces him? Where does Nolan Stevens fit in and how do we maximize his ability as a pitcher as well as a hitter? It's been awhile since we have had a true dual position player like him.

It also sounds like Pico Kohn will be available this week too.

We may very well lose the series to A&M just because of pitching uncertainty while we're trying to figure everything out plus their pitching staff is much better than LSU. And it's on the road.

Also, I think as far as hitting goes we need to let Cupp sit for now. Mershon and Larry are handling the MIF fine for now. And opening up the DH spot gives us a chance to get Stevens in the lineup more. Downs and Chance are both playing pretty well too although Downs has to stay in right now. And I kind of hate saying that because I really enjoy watching Cupp play SS.
    Very true. Sitting Cupp allows a better bat in the lineup by playing Chance/Downs/Stevens at DH. And Stephen has to start on the mound right now. But if Dohm, Loftin, Ligdon, Holcombe, and/or Stevens progress, then Stephen might soon get pushed out.

vCash
    Pico's return is very interesting. I just want him back period. But if ready to deliver, could be huge. Hopefully he's been doing Leg workouts with Dohm.

Am I the first to comment that Dohm's legs look ridiculous? ND has Mr Olympia legs. He was stout last year, but this year, the pump is bigger.

ND should consider the timing thing that Ethan Small did when his lower half got bigger.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    Pico's return is very interesting. I just want him back period. But if ready to deliver, could be huge. Hopefully he's been doing Leg workouts with Dohm.

Am I the first to comment that Dohm's legs look ridiculous? ND has Mr Olympia legs. He was stout last year, but this year, the pump is bigger.

ND should consider the timing thing that Ethan Small did when his lower half got bigger.
    I'm not sure what Pico is going to give us this year but I could see him as a good left on left guy in the short term although we have Cheatham for that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I'm not sure what Pico is going to give us this year but I could see him as a good left on left guy in the short term although we have Cheatham for that.
    Left on Left versus an All American like Jac Caglianone in a high leverage situation - I would go Stevens or Brady Loftin myself. Just a shity mid-range lefty hitter. Just use your best available pitcher.

Cohen used to roll out Thyrsten Barlow, as the emergency LHP. That was terrible because the kid was just marginally D1. He would walk the lefty he was supposed to cancel out and then make the next pitchers job even harder. Or the Righty pinch hitter would get a sharp single.