Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Left Field Lounge Prices

vCash
    As much as I bag on the folks out in the LFL, we do not need to price them out. If you do that it will be bought out by corporations or people who could less give a rip and all they truly out there for is to be seen, i.e. Baseball Grove. Right now that's probably 30% of the people out there. If you price them too high it will be 60-70% of the crowd.

Also, most of those types of people do not want to fool with grilling and that is part of the aura of the LFL. You would also lose that

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    As much as I bag on the folks out in the LFL, we do not need to price them out. If you do that it will be bought out by corporations or people who could less give a rip and all they truly out there for is to be seen, i.e. Baseball Grove. Right now that's probably 30% of the people out there. If you price them too high it will be 60-70% of the crowd.

Also, most of those types of people do not want to fool with grilling and that is part of the aura of the LFL. You would also lose that
    I certainly don't think $8,500/year is pricing fans out, I'd gladly write a check for that and likely hundreds of other fans would too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
    I certainly don't think $8,500/year is pricing fans out, I'd gladly write a check for that and likely hundreds of other fans would too.
    Yea I don't think $8500/year is pricing fans out. I was talking about the folks saying we needed to charge $15,000/year. $8500/year split between 8-10 people is what most people pay for 4 seats in football anyways after seat donations.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post

Baseball is a niche sport that loses money. I don’t give a shit if it loses some charm. When it stops losing money it can worry about that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Chairbacks essentially cost 150 a seat plus tickets. Lounge is 2500 for 10 people in a reg sized rig is 250 per person plus tickets. Not sure how one should go up and not the other
    My chairback is 180 a year not including ticket. Cheap. 1800 for 10 years.

I could see raising lounge without chairback though because I think the lounge would be more coveted. Maybe not.

I'd increase chairback to 225 or 250 yearly and the lounge to 5k.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    My chairback is 180 a year not including ticket. Cheap. 1800 for 10 years.

I could see raising lounge without chairback though because I think the lounge would be more coveted. Maybe not.

I'd increase chairback to 225 or 250 yearly and the lounge to 5k.
    If you paid it up front it was 1500. So avg out to 150 per. There's no way the chairbacks should be that cheap either. As I said I have some. What's the correct number idk.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    If you paid it up front it was 1500. So avg out to 150 per. There's no way the chairbacks should be that cheap either. As I said I have some. What's the correct number idk.
    That is probably too cheap compared to demand, but I assume that number was tied to the price of building it, so we basically got guaranteed payments (or upfront payments) to match the cost of debt service (or the value of avoiding debt).

We could have just priced them by year but if we had suddenly looked like 2022 and 2023 without the good year in 2019 and national championship first, we might would have had trouble selling them.

vCash
    With the interest and love of all things MSU baseball, shouldn't it break even or make a little $? Does the payoff of the Dude prevent this or has it ever made $ in past years? Heck, on paper the corrupt NCAA only allows you to pay for 11.7 scholarships for the entire roster, a joke.

vCash
    $1,500 per chairback seemed like a lot in 2015 before it was built. That's probably why the last chairback season tickets weren't sold until two weeks before the first game. There was no waiting list before right before the New Dude opened. Everyone had their shot. If more had made the commitment, more chairbacks would have been built.

Of course, fans' circumstances change. Maybe they had babies in 2015 and couldn't spend the money then, but could take the family now.

$1,500 might not sound like much now but it was a lot to ask just for a regular seat. Many fans resisted paying $1,500 per seat until they saw how great the stadium turned out. Only then did the waiting list start.
    Last edited by MedDawg; 03-20-2024 at 06:18 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    Baseball is a niche sport that loses money. I don’t give a shit if it loses some charm. When it stops losing money it can worry about that.
    It will make money when the seat licenses expire in a few years. So I guess you can start giving a shit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    With the interest and love of all things MSU baseball, shouldn't it break even or make a little $? Does the payoff of the Dude prevent this or has it ever made $ in past years? Heck, on paper the corrupt NCAA only allows you to pay for 11.7 scholarships for the entire roster, a joke.
    As much exposure as MSU gets for baseball I guarantee you the university profits whether they report it as such or not on paper.

As I understand it the "loss" is due to seat licenses being locked in at a certain price. But as I said that will change soon so it's a nothing burger.

The Robbie Faulk's of the world like to talk about MSU baseball losing money but it lacks context.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    As much exposure as MSU gets for baseball I guarantee you the university profits whether they report it as such or not on paper.

As I understand it the "loss" is due to seat licenses being locked in at a certain price. But as I said that will change soon so it's a nothing burger.

The Robbie Faulk's of the world like to talk about MSU baseball losing money but it lacks context.
    So you think baseball is a profitable sport?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Chaser View Post
    So you think baseball is a profitable sport?
    At Miss State it has been and can be. We have undersold the LFL for 30 years. It's time to update. I have lots of friends in the OF and I know they want me to stfu. But seriously- LFL spots should begin at least about 5K in 2000. Much less now. You wouldnt even have to bring in corporations at $7500- the spots would be gobbled up quickly. My group of friends would grab one at 10K 10 minutes after it became available.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    At Miss State it has been and can be. We have undersold the LFL for 30 years. It's time to update. I have lots of friends in the OF and I know they want me to stfu. But seriously- LFL spots should begin at least about 5K in 2000. Much less now. You wouldnt even have to bring in corporations at $7500- the spots would be gobbled up quickly. My group of friends would grab one at 10K 10 minutes after it became available.
    And the atmosphere we have is the envy of the SEC. Period. And, unless you live out of state you don't understand how much MSU is recognized for baseball and Dak. That's it. Baseball. Dak. Like it or not, baseball is the most recognized sport for MSU, and no money invested in it is a waste. Could we benefit more from having a legacy and name recognition from football? No doubt. But we WIN in baseball and people understand that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    And the atmosphere we have is the envy of the SEC. Period. And, unless you live out of state you don't understand how much MSU is recognized for baseball and Dak. That's it. Baseball. Dak. Like it or not, baseball is the most recognized sport for MSU, and no money invested in it is a waste. Could we benefit more from having a legacy and name recognition from football? No doubt. But we WIN in baseball and people understand that.
    yep
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Our fans spend more on baseball than basketball. Basketball makes more money because of the SEC allocation.

vCash
    I tried to get a loft there is a list ten miles long.