Thread: OT: For the Old Farts on this Board

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Rock View Post
    My wife passed at age 44 in 2008. I have wandered aimlessly since. I did remarry but that is not always great as we are both damaged. Shit happens I guess.

My oldest daughter passed at 39 from cancer in 2019. I have gone into a black hole that I wish on no one.

After my wife's passing, I first bought a motorcycle and road it all across the southern US mostly alone to clear my mind but occasionally I would have a rider. I got complacent and pulled out in front a couple cars and decided to get rid of it. I am not suicidal, I was no longer able to ride safely. What did I do? I bought a freaking airplane and then learned to fly it as there were fewer things to hit up there. I hated flying, it scared the shit out of me every time but I felt alive but had a stroke and lost my health card. I was glad to sell the plane.

I have crested the 60 mark into the last years of my work life. I am wealthy as ever expected to become. I am a high school drop out and frankly I gave up long ago on ever retiring and yet here I am, I own multiple houses, drive a new EV, am respected in my field with a fat 401k for a worker bee and a pension. I could retire today If I wanted to sit down but I won't until... I don't know yet. I know I made a difference and helped others many times. I guess I have that.

Words of wisdom from my late wife, "If it's not Ok, then it's not the end because in the end, everything will be OK." I have not experienced everything is OK yet so it's not over. Any one need mental health counseling? I do and have tried it but I still live with myself.

Good luck with your project, I hope you find your peace where you can.
    Thinking about you brother and praying for you. That's a lot to endure. A verse I came across recently that meant a lot to me is Psalm 94:19 "When doubts filled my mind, your comfort gave me renewed hope and cheer."
    Last edited by gtowndawg; 03-19-2024 at 10:50 AM.