Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: LSU game 2

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Yeah we're becoming fun to watch. Just so much more energy and fire. Ballers. Did you notice the faces in the dugout after watching lsu celebrate after the game? Every single player was watching them and the looks and body language was saying we got some more for yall tomorrow! Wasn't any heads hanging or players bailing to the locker room.
    I saw that!! They looked very "unhappy".

vCash
    Good effort today. It was awesome to see us come back. Big game tomorrow, it?s early but we need to take the series at home. Relievers were really good, not sold on Stephen?s, his pitches don?t have much movement plus he is throwing middle of the plate.
    No doubt we are playing hard, I like it.

Btw, no way right now do I think LSU is #2 in nation.
    Last edited by basedog; 03-16-2024 at 07:56 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    I saw that!! They looked very "unhappy".
    That was the look of a confident bunch of players and were pissed as opposed to apathetic like we saw some in the past. We've got some leaders on the team this year and everyone is hustling and playing hard

vCash
    That was the look of a confident bunch of players and were pissed as opposed to apathetic like we saw some in the past. We've got some leaders on the team this year and everyone is hustling and playing hard
    I agree.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Sure, but we have question marks on Friday and Saturday right now. That's not really exciting. Doesn't mean I'm not excited about the fight in the team, but you can't count on the pen pitching 7 innings a game
    I feel like we have some emerging options if worst case scenario Dohm doesn't make it back and Stephen being a contact pitcher doesn't play up in SEC play.

vCash
    Yep. More like MSU baseball and a lot less like MSU all star travel ball team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I feel like we have some emerging options if worst case scenario Dohm doesn't make it back and Stephen being a contact pitcher doesn't play up in SEC play.
    Stevens and loftin are the guys to watch imo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Stevens and loftin are the guys to watch imo
    Both of them and Ligon too. He looks like he's back on the right track. We've got some arms and we can mix and match well this year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    I agree.
    Base you've coached a lot too. You always watch your guys after a loss to see the reaction. It's supposed to hurt and piss you off! The one thing I never wanted to see on the face of my players was a look of apathy! I want to see that look of resolve and that's what i saw in that dugout

vCash
    Tomorrow is sort of a must win for us. The next 2 weekends are at aTm and Florida. Damn. We could be staring at 2-7ish with a loss tomorrow

vCash
    Base you've coached a lot too. You always watch your guys after a loss to see the reaction. It's supposed to hurt and piss you off! The one thing I never wanted to see on the face of my players was a look of apathy! I want to see that look of resolve and that's what i saw in that dugout
    No doubt, you want your players to feel the loss but but it behind them and get it done tomorrow. It’s a huge early game tomorrow. Btw 24, there are no good losses, winning cures everything. After seeing or watching LSU we can beat them. Not sold on there pitchers or relievers I’ve seen.

We are improved no doubt.

vCash
    No doubt, you want your players to feel the loss but but it behind them and get it done tomorrow. It’s a huge early game tomorrow. Btw 24, there are no good losses, winning cures everything. After seeing or watching LSU we can beat them. Not sold on there pitchers or relievers I’ve seen.

We are improved no doubt.
    Agreed!

vCash
    I'm more worried about the offense than I am the pitching. Parker has earned the faith in his ability to give us a chance on the mound, But the offense -good as they've been this weekend- has sucked this year vs some bad teams and I worry we're just hot right now and will go back to below average later.

Thing is, even with Dohm I don't think we have the true elite studs to shut out teams. We have the depth to keep games from being high scoring sure, but the offense will have to consistently score 4-5 runs to win. If we get this "Bryce Chance 3 run homer!" offense then I'm not worried, but do we really expect him to keep it up? I think we've been cold and are now hot and I don't know where the average will fall long term

vCash
    I realize it is how the game works unless your name is Eddie Furniss or Jake Mangum, but the up and down. Real hit or real cold every other game is concerning right now. Hines has a night like last night and then the next night can't get it done. Last week, Mershon is hotter than a Depot Stove and this weekend he is 1- 9, 1-4 with RISP and 4 LOB. Neither starter these first two games can get out of the 3rd, yet our bullpen, literally shuts them down both games from the 4-9 last night and tonight.

Historically, we have had a solid hitting 9 hole hitter that can set the table in those 9,1,2 up innings until Forsythe, and even he got it done in Omaha in 21 in the final 2 CG's. Tonight, we had a script flip. Our 2-5 batters struggled while 6-9 get us back in the game and Larry reached base 4 times. Our 2-5 guys have to get guys in with less than 2 outs and 2 on, more often than not. This is kind of your Maneiri type LSU team this year. You cannot walk guys in front of their big guns. They will mash. But they will have several innings when they get nothing if you don't help them.
    Last edited by CaptainObvious; 03-16-2024 at 10:27 PM.

vCash
    Good effort today. It was awesome to see us come back. Big game tomorrow, it?s early but we need to take the series at home. Relievers were really good, not sold on Stephen?s, his pitches don?t have much movement plus he is throwing middle of the plate.
    No doubt we are playing hard, I like it.

Btw, no way right now do I think LSU is #2 in nation.
    Appreciated the effort to come back but disappointing that we had multiple opportunities with men on base where one big hit would have given us the lead and the win. Amazing that we held LSU scoreless over the final 6 innings to have a chance but just couldn't get the big hit we needed to get over the hump. Hopefully Loo gives us a better start today.

vCash
    I debated to post this or not. But I thought some would know this to be true. Also I?m sure many will state that they never experienced anything. But the following is one of the main reasons I despise LSUx.

While leaving the baseball game last night and walking back to my vehicle I had group of LSUx fans walking behind me. They kept talking about how badly they had been treated at the game. Obviously by their complaining among themselves they had somehow sat in somebody?s chair back seats and the owners showed up to claim their seats. They kept going on and on how rude the people were that were trying to sit in their seats. They said they were appalled by having to get up and leave.

After listening to them for a long time I finally told them how I was treated by my one and only visit to Alex Box stadium. I had bought and paid for seats in their stadium and the LSUx fans made it unbearable for me and my wife to watch the game. The LSUx fans around us on every play LSUx made they would stand over us and scream tiger bait over and over. Had one older lady behind us with a silver crucifix around her neck cuss at us repeatedly. After having a drink accidentally on purpose spilled down or backs we left. This was in the late 1980?s. I swore that I would never step back in that crap hole they call Alex Box stadium and I haven?t.