Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: We beat LSU with a midweek against their SP1

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPMT View Post
    I?m one of the few that like you, but let?s be honest you are 50/50 at best, like most semi-educated people.
    LMAO ... have some rep.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPMT View Post
    I’m one of the few that like you, but let’s be honest you are 50/50 at best, like most semi-educated people.
    rightttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt tttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Imma have to disagree. We have plenty of people that want me to be wrong about this season
    LOL. I don't think ANYONE cares about random internet guy34 on this one. People care about what's best for the program. The only one trying to make it about you is the inexplicable narcissist who started this thread.

On topic though, it's a little early to gloat (not sure what you're gloating about - you haven't taken a stance other than the same one we all have...he'll be back if he makes the postseason, and he won't if he doesn't). Regardless, it's much too early for a victory lap. As it's been since day 1, we'll see at the end of the season. I would love for Lemonhead to right the ship, never lose another game, and retire after 37 straight national titles. But I ain't holding my breath though.

Great win today though, and I enjoyed every second of it. Hope to do it again tomorrow and Sunday.

vCash
    rightttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt tttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt
    Like, I'm trying to decide if you're serious. Surely not. You have to know......right?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    LOL ... folks acting like we just won a Super Regional.
    They'll be ready to fire him again tomorrow if we lose by same margin as we won today by.
    True. I think the response is due to us not having a Friday guy pitching and two, we knocked the piss out of it tonight. Lots of loud outs too. And btw I would have loved to have Holman, he is not an elite guy. Avg Friday starter in the sec.

vCash
    Oh I knowwwww. The threads calling for Lemon to be fired immediately up to now were just idle talk and conversation. They didnt mean it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    True. I think the response is due to us not having a Friday guy pitching and two, we knocked the piss out of it tonight. Lots of loud outs too. And btw I would have loved to have Holman, he is not an elite guy. Avg Friday starter in the sec.
    Whats funny is this board acted like Lemon lost out in a huge recruiting battle and we would never recover. We beat Holman with a midweek guy and a true freshman.

And saved a million

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    No. Win some damn games. Make a regional or heaven forbid make the SEC tourney.

vCash
    Look I will own what I said during the first AP game that we lost. Thought this should be his last season just based off our performance in OCC. I will enjoy this win tonight, but I also realize it was just the first game of our SEC slate. If he wins and gets us to a SR then I would be the first to admit I am wrong and eat my crow. However, I can be reasonable about my expectations of SEC play just based off our performance earlier in the season.

vCash
    So far I'm amazed at the job Justin Parker has done with this pitching staff. Truly a night and day difference. He keeps this up and I will call him the Miracle Worker.

vCash
    As someone who has already said Lemonis should be gone, let me make perfectly clear that the best result for State is for this team to have a great year, Lemonis to keep his job, and turn out to be a great coach.

Based on the last two years, I have not thought that possible, but we are definitely showing some very good signs. Keep it up and get this program back where it needs to be.

vCash
    Whats funny is this board acted like Lemon lost out in a huge recruiting battle and we would never recover. We beat Holman with a midweek guy and a true freshman.

And saved a million
    Lemon did a terrible job in the portal but Stevens is a stud. Been saying it for months. Need to get him in the batting order tomorrow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    So far I'm amazed at the job Justin Parker has done with this pitching staff. Truly a night and day difference. He keeps this up and I will call him the Miracle Worker.
    Yep. Looking like a great hire.

vCash

And saved a million
    To be fair our true freshman probably has a much higher upside than Holman. He's not a typical freshman at all. He's the first legit dual position guy we have had since who? Pete Young? Chuck Daniel?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Lemon did a terrible job in the portal but Stevens is a stud. Been saying it for months. Need to get him in the batting order tomorrow.
    I'm going to be curious to see what happens in the portal with Parker now that he is getting a good reputation. We didn't get any major first round prizes out of the portal but honestly- we've done better than some of our fans give Lemonis credit for. Dohm, Stephen, Long, Powell, Kohler, Hujsack, Tyler Davis, and etc. We typically get what we need at the very least.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    The season is long. Early losses one sec win all the same. But let the season play out. I think it will be ok. But if not , we will move on.
    This is the correct answer. We have plenty of talent can our staff push the right buttons and win? Well see if we can win consistently this year if not new HC next year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I'm going to be curious to see what happens in the portal with Parker now that he is getting a good reputation. We didn't get any major first round prizes out of the portal but honestly- we've done better than some of our fans give Lemonis credit for. Dohm, Stephen, Long, Powell, Kohler, Hujsack, Tyler Davis, and etc. We typically get what we need at the very least.
    Lemonis has done good with the portal. The players you've mentioned have been big for us and are contributing big time right now

vCash
    Be curious to see who we go to after Khal tomorrow. I wonder if the confidence with Loftin is there yet.

vCash
    We haven't had to use Hardin, Holcombe, Ligon or cheatham in an SEC game yet. If we can get in a position offensively with solid SP giving us 5 innings or 3rd time through the order without serious damage, maybe we will not have to use those guys except in matchup situations. .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    We haven't had to use Hardin, Holcombe, Ligon or cheatham in an SEC game yet. If we can get in a position offensively with solid SP giving us 5 innings or 3rd time through the order without serious damage, maybe we will not have to use those guys except in matchup situations. .
    Lo is the only guy I might be comfortable with going thru an SEC order 3 times