Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Our basketball fate depends on one thing - TOLU

Ever Been to Gloster?? cheewgumm's Avatar
    vCash

Our basketball fate depends on one thing - TOLU

If he can re-find himself and start dominating (18pts, 10 reb) again we can make sweet 16.

If he can not, we will get beat in first weekend.

vCash
    Agreed. It's just so baffling to see a guy as big as him just disappear and look so soft in games.

vCash
    I think he has a slight foot or ankle injury, one time yesterday as he was walking to the bench it looked like a very slight limp in his step. I could be wrong.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    I think he has a slight foot or ankle injury, one time yesterday as he was walking to the bench it looked like a very slight limp in his step. I could be wrong.
    This is what I have been wondering......
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash
    Does an ankle injury affect you less after you get plenty of action? Seems like he starts slow since the fall, but gets better in 2nd half. Could just be the defenders are just playing really hard and tiring out in the 2nd half though.

If it's an injury that would get better by sitting, I'd sit him today. He'd have about a week off

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Does an ankle injury affect you less after you get plenty of action? Seems like he starts slow since the fall, but gets better in 2nd half. Could just be the defenders are just playing really hard and tiring out in the 2nd half though.

If it's an injury that would get better by sitting, I'd sit him today. He'd have about a week off
    Ankle or foot injuries are a nagging injury and believe me can affect ones play or performance. You can feel 100% then one little twist of stumble can aggregate the injury.
    Btw, didn't Tolu have double digit rebounds yesterday? But yes, he is being bullied inside and double teamed a lot. If Hubbard is on from outside shooting it opens up others, inside.
    We will have to shoot well and of course defend to win today. Sec has 4 or 5 teams that could be top 16 this year.

vCash
    Ankle or foot injuries are a nagging injury and believe me can affect ones play or performance. You can feel 100% then one little twist of stumble can aggregate the injury.
    Btw, didn't Tolu have double digit rebounds yesterday? But yes, he is being bullied inside and double teamed a lot. If Hubbard is on from outside shooting it opens up others, inside.
    We will have to shoot well and of course defend to win today. Sec has 4 or 5 teams that could be top 16 this year.
    Tolu is an extreme liability, no matter the reason right now. He can?t catch, shoot or defend and refuses to dunk two feet from the basket. I?d rather us roll with bell and move Murphy into that spot to spell Bell. We would be better off.

vCash
    More importantly yesterday was Davis and Shak started popping in the 2nd half which caused then to lay off Hub. But Toulu starting hot instead of waiting till the 10 min mark of the 2nd half is critical today.

vCash
    I'm still not convinced we are in. If there are some tourney upsets that gets 2 or 3 undeserving teams in (by nature of winning their tournament) I'm going to be very nervous Sunday afternoon.

vCash
    He's had double digit rebounds 4 of the past 5 games and 14 or more points in 5 of the last 7 games. And he's only had 1 turnover in the past 3 games. We have a bunch of dumb fans who don't watch what is going on during the game. Tolu is drawing double teams constantly, and the other teams are focused on stopping him because our outside shooting and our other post players are weaker. What we going to do? Throw in Jimmy Bell and his 5 pts and 5 RBS a game and hope for a miracle? Brilliant. a hobbled All-SEC, pre-season All-American Tolu is STILL a better option than anyone else we have. Period.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    He's had double digit rebounds 4 of the past 5 games and 14 or more points in 5 of the last 7 games. And he's only had 1 turnover in the past 3 games. We have a bunch of dumb fans who don't watch what is going on during the game. Tolu is drawing double teams constantly, and the other teams are focused on stopping him because our outside shooting and our other post players are weaker. What we going to do? Throw in Jimmy Bell and his 5 pts and 5 RBS a game and hope for a miracle? Brilliant. a hobbled All-SEC, pre-season All-American Tolu is STILL a better option than anyone else we have. Period.
    There was a play yesterday where he was double teamed and we kicked it out to Matthews on the three point line. LSU literally stood still and didn't budge. They dared him to shoot it. He did and he airballed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Well stated, Tolu isn't the main reason we lost 4 straight. Better teams except maybe TAM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msumudcat View Post
    Tolu is an extreme liability, no matter the reason right now. He can?t catch, shoot or defend and refuses to dunk two feet from the basket. I?d rather us roll with bell and move Murphy into that spot to spell Bell. We would be better off.
    This is all wrong. Extreme liabilities don't get you 13 rebounds. Tolu is struggling a little offensively but some is due to all the defensive attention he gets.
    Bell won't draw double teams and he still won't score. Murphy has lost minutes because he gives the other team at least as many points as he scores.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    You keep up with the nuts and bolts of this stuff as much as anyone it seems. Do you think today has any significant bearing on us staying out of Dayton?

vCash
    Today it was all Cam. With a nice first half from Rams and a solid complimentary game from Hubbard. So, no, it's not all about Tolu unless we mindlessly pound the ball to him.

vCash
    DJ was great on defense, a pit bull guarding. Cam is just a dude, he was best player on the floor today. Hope he comes back next year, much improved this year. My favorite player, plays 100% every second.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Today it was all Cam. With a nice first half from Rams and a solid complimentary game from Hubbard. So, no, it's not all about Tolu unless we mindlessly pound the ball to him.
    Yep, I've said it all year. Cam is the straw that stirs the drink. He is heart and soul of this team. Boy he just put the S on his chest today and was a warrior.

Tolu doesn't have to score 18 for us to win.

Hubbard had a subpar shooting day but still gets 18.

Davis, DJ, Bell, Shaq all just contribute all kinds of ways. We are a complete team. Probably best Bulldog collection since Bowers or Gordon teams.

vCash
    DJ was great on defense, a pit bull guarding. Cam is just a dude, he was best player on the floor today. Hope he comes back next year, much improved this year. My favorite player, plays 100% every second.
    I love our team but Cam is the One.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gtowndawg View Post
    I'm still not convinced we are in. If there are some tourney upsets that gets 2 or 3 undeserving teams in (by nature of winning their tournament) I'm going to be very nervous Sunday afternoon.
    OMG STOP IT!

vCash
    When I saw Toulu get that 1st bucket and the Authority in which he did it U knew we were going to win