Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Creme latest update

vCash
    Latest update has us in the first four out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
    Great line, we have way too many fans, on both boards (I don't look at Genespage - if that is even still up) that maximize, and want to hone in on, our weaknesses, that think we are not deserving and want to press that mantra.
    I've always been more of a glass half full, focus on your strengths kinda guy. My mind has been trained for a long time to look at and focus on strengths while the same time recognizing weaknesses and working to make them strengths. I know everyone's not wired like that. Think about this in the last 30 years, State sports has accomplished the following: final 4 men's basketball, SEC west championship in football, played for 2 national championships in baseball and won one, played for back to back national championships in women's basketball and that's just the big stuff. We should be trumpeting the heck out of this stuff! I'd be putting stuff out left and right on this and our other successes. When you look at our recent history we've had a pretty successful go of it since the 90s

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    I've always been more of a glass half full, focus on your strengths kinda guy. My mind has been trained for a long time to look at and focus on strengths while the same time recognizing weaknesses and working to make them strengths. I know everyone's not wired like that. Think about this in the last 30 years, State sports has accomplished the following: final 4 men's basketball, SEC west championship in football, played for 2 national championships in baseball and won one, played for back to back national championships in women's basketball and that's just the big stuff. We should be trumpeting the heck out of this stuff! I'd be putting stuff out left and right on this and our other successes. When you look at our recent history we've had a pretty successful go of it since the 90s

No doubt, I've always said Keenum should have a room full to student writers pumping out fluff pieces about MSU and Starkville. Ton of websites, like Outkick (I see pro OM articles on it periodically) would post them just for content and clicks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
    No doubt, I've always said Keenum should have a room full to student writers pumping out fluff pieces about MSU and Starkville. Ton of websites, like Outkick (I see pro OM articles on it periodically) would post them just for content and clicks.
    Right and as much as I love State we need to get on board with marketing our athletic prowess. It doesn't take much to spit out blurbs, tweets, Instagram, etc...

vCash
    3/16 update: https://www.espn.com/espn/feature/st...ll-projections

No change. Still first team out. There's no women's "Bracket Matrix" that I can find, and really not many women's bracketology sites at all. I found a couple of others:
    2nd team out - The Athletic: https://theathletic.com/5345988/2024...ennessee-seed/
    Last 4 in - HerHoopStats: https://herhoopstats.com/bracketology/

Those 3 brackets are all pretty similar, but HHS having us in over Texas A&M as the only real difference. So somehow, against all odds, there seems like some faint hope for us. However, there are 2 games today that could crush those hopes:
    • Middle Tennessee plays Liberty in the CUSA championship game. Middle Tennessee with a NET of 41 should be in anyway, while Liberty with a NET of 134 won't be, so we really need Middle Tennessee to win, or the bubble shrinks by 1.
    • Princeton plays Columbia in the Ivy League championship game. Princeton with a NET of 37 should be in anyway. Columbia at 54 is a bubble team and could get in (though not projected in any of the 3 above brackets). We need Princeton to win.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    You should look closer at other universities then.

Mississippi State doesn't have fans any different than any other fanbase.
    Yep we ain't no different but I think we are better than most.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post

No change. Still first team out. There's no women's "Bracket Matrix" that I can find, and really not many women's bracketology sites at all. I found a couple of others:
    2nd team out - The Athletic: https://theathletic.com/5345988/2024...ennessee-seed/

Those 3 brackets are all pretty similar, but HHS having us in over Texas A&M as the only real difference. So somehow, against all odds, there seems like some faint hope for us. However, there are 2 games today that could crush those hopes:
    • Middle Tennessee plays Liberty in the CUSA championship game. Middle Tennessee with a NET of 41 should be in anyway, while Liberty with a NET of 134 won't be, so we really need Middle Tennessee to win, or the bubble shrinks by 1.
    • Princeton plays Columbia in the Ivy League championship game. Princeton with a NET of 37 should be in anyway. Columbia at 54 is a bubble team and could get in (though not projected in any of the 3 above brackets). We need Princeton to win.
    I have no idea if the committee does this or not, but if I were on it, I would most definitely have some changes from these projections. Maybe some on the committee will do sorta what I would.:: put someone like us in just bc haha

vCash
    The Athletic actually had a full article on whether or not we will make it:
    https://theathletic.com/5340823/2024...s-to-consider/

The writer doesn't have us in, but thinks we at least have a case for it. The NET is decent, the win over LSU is great, the 1-6 end to the season isn't good (though technically the committee isn't "supposed" to consider that at all), and we went 0-3 against bubble teams Vanderbilt, Miami, and Auburn and just lost handily to bubble team Texas A&M isn't great either.

vCash
    Now if ESPN could get Jimmy Dykes slobbering all over Auburn's *****

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DawgFromOxford View Post
    Whether you believe it's deserved or not, it's good for the program and good for the school for the team to be a part of March Madness. Do I think we'll win a national championship with this team? No. Do I still want them to be a part of the tournament? Yes. Never know what can happen once you make the post season
    What would be good for the program is to not totally collapse as a team at the end of the year. I don't know what all was going on internally with the team but in the last few games we were a shell of what we had been. No excuse for the way we ended the year. Only reason we got the one win in the last 7 was getting the worst SEC team at home.
    Last edited by maroonmania; 03-16-2024 at 03:48 PM.

vCash
    If the girls do not get in, they can only blame themselves.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    If the girls do not get in, they can only blame themselves.
    Yep. They didnt play with much intensity after the LSU game.

vCash

Both Middle Tennessee and Princeton won, so that's good news.

6 of these 10 teams will make the tournament, assuming no shockers:
    Probably Safe - Auburn, Miami, Vanderbilt
    More Likely In Than Out - Marquette, Arizona
    ?? - Texas A&M, Mississippi State
    Probably Out - Columbia, Penn State, Washington State

vCash

Thanks for keeping up with this for us! Please keep posting updates cause I can't keep up with all this like you young uns!

vCash
    I was excited early in conference play bout our WBB team. Now I’m wondering bout a few things. Can Purcell regroup this bunch, can he control locker room, can he coach them up. He is young and hopefully he can learn and adjust. Got to be tougher.

vCash
    Who cares? He is just gonna get out coached and jump up and down like a male cheerleader does.

vCash
    Final update:
    • Still 1st team out at ESPN
    • Swapped spots with Columbia to be 1st team out at The Athletic
    • Still Last Four In on HHS

No idea if any of these are working with inside information from the committee or are just making things up.

vCash

Update: CBS projection now out: https://www.cbssports.com/womens-col...for-no-2-seed/

It's a little different from the other 3. They have Last 4 In: Washington State, Marquette, Penn State, Miami, and Last 4 Out: Texas A&M, Mississippi State, California, Arizona

vCash
    And here's one from "College Sports Madness" updated through today: https://www.collegesportsmadness.com...l/bracketology

It doesn't list a First 4 out, but it has IN the First 4 along with Texas A&M, Vanderbilt, and Miami with Auburn out.

vCash
    Compiling those 5 brackets, these are the % that have each bubble team in. Only 6 teams from this list will make it, with 4 playing in the First Four.

100% Miami
    100% Vanderbilt
    100% Marquette
    80% Auburn
    80% Arizona
    60% Texas A&M
    40% Mississippi State
    20% Washington State
    20% Penn State
    0% Columbia
    0% California

Verdict - I doubt we make it, but it's not as unlikely as I think we all expected it to be.
    Last edited by Quaoarsking; 03-17-2024 at 04:42 PM.