Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Creme latest update

vCash

Creme latest update

I don't think there's a women's version of the Bracket Matrix, so we've just got ESPN, updated just now:
    https://www.espn.com/espn/feature/st...ll-projections

Against all odds, we remain as the last team in the field according to ESPN.

Ironically, we want to root for Green Bay (the first team out) to ... win tomorrow (!) because Green Bay would then take the Horizon autobid, and Cleveland State (who won the Horizon regular season) would not be getting into the tournament with their NET in the 80s. If Cleveland State wins, they might decide to give Green Bay (NET 53, though it would likely go down with a loss to Cleveland State) an at large bid themselves.

The only other team on the bubble still playing is Columbia, who plays Harvard in the Ivy League tournament on Friday. Columbia's NET is 54, and Princeton is 33, so ideally Princeton would win the tournament and Columbia left out.

For comparison, we finished 8-8 in the SEC and a NET of 48. Auburn (8-8, 45), Texas A&M (6-10, 41), and Vanderbilt (9-7, 55) are all on the bubble with us, and slotted in ahead of us according to the ESPN bracket.

vCash
    They don't deserve to be in honestly

vCash
    yeah I won't lose sleep on this group of girls. Pretty terrible team down the stretch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    I still don't understand why this negative, inferiority-complex mindset has infected our fanbase so badly. Just like in the men's tournament, they're not going to leave out a clearly "deserving" team to put us in. If we are in, it will be at the expense of someone with a similarly borderline resume.

There are 68 bids. If we have a resume that earns us one of the last few spots, we "deserve" to be in, period. It sucks that we had a chance to be a single digit seed and blew it, but that doesn't mean we deserve less than our full body of work has earned.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    I still don't understand why this negative, inferiority-complex mindset has infected our fanbase so badly. Just like in the men's tournament, they're not going to leave out a clearly "deserving" team to put us in. If we are in, it will be at the expense of someone with a similarly borderline resume.

There are 68 bids. If we have a resume that earns us one of the last few spots, we "deserve" to be in, period. It sucks that we had a chance to be a single digit seed and blew it, but that doesn't mean we deserve less than our full body of work has earned.
    Cool.

It's not an inferiority complex.
    It's the fact we lost 6 of the last 7 games. And yes, your resume is your whole body of work, but something has to be said of how you finish too. We've looked like a team that doesn't want to be there for the last month.

vCash
    There's no such thing as "deserving" a bid or not in a vacuum. It's all about how you compare to everyone else vying for a bid.

If you compare our resume to the other bubble teams, I think our full body of work barely - barely! - warrants a bid. I won't be too surprised or upset if the committee has a different opinion, because like I said, we have barely earned one, but I don't think Green Bay, Washington State l, etc., have earned the bid any more than we have.

One thing I can guarantee that none of the other bubble teams' so-called fans are sitting around saying their teams don't "deserve" to make it, especially not without a thorough resume comparison.

vCash
    There's no such thing as "deserving" a bid or not in a vacuum. It's all about how you compare to everyone else vying for a bid.

If you compare our resume to the other bubble teams, I think our full body of work barely - barely! - warrants a bid. I won't be too surprised or upset if the committee has a different opinion, because like I said, we have barely earned one, but I don't think Green Bay, Washington State l, etc., have earned the bid any more than we have.

One thing I can guarantee that none of the other bubble teams' so-called fans are sitting around saying their teams don't "deserve" to make it, especially not without a thorough resume comparison.
    None of those other teams have fans sitting around talking about who deserves to make the tournament because they probably don't even know they have a women's basketball team.

vCash
    Agree

vCash

Green Bay won over Cleveland St. but they both essence to be in ahead of State. Until Cleveland St lost to Green Bay in the tourney final, they had won 12 straight games. State lost 6 of their last 7. No comparison there. They deserve to steal a bid, and if it is State's it will definitely be justified. Wash. State compares directly with State in that they sucked down the stretch just as badly.

vCash
    Cleveland State is not even a bubble team with a NET in the 80s

vCash
    Whether you believe it's deserved or not, it's good for the program and good for the school for the team to be a part of March Madness. Do I think we'll win a national championship with this team? No. Do I still want them to be a part of the tournament? Yes. Never know what can happen once you make the post season

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DawgFromOxford View Post
    Whether you believe it's deserved or not, it's good for the program and good for the school for the team to be a part of March Madness. Do I think we'll win a national championship with this team? No. Do I still want them to be a part of the tournament? Yes. Never know what can happen once you make the post season
    I never said it wouldn't be good for the program. Of course making the tournament is better than not. That's a silly counter argument

vCash

Our fanbase is infected with this mentality. I'll never understand it. We need to build mindset of positivity, pride and superiority, unfortunately we have just the opposite. I never seen a fanbase tear down its players, university and town like State fans.

vCash
    Well it is true that Alabama fans in the Stadium Roar just as loudly when they beat Middle Tenn State by 7 as they do when they beat a bigger team by 24. Maybe we should be more like Alabama fans. Cheer when our teams barely lose games they shouldn't lose at all like Bama fans cheer when they barely beat a team they really should beat by 40!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
    Our fanbase is infected with this mentality. I'll never understand it. We need to build mindset of positivity, pride and superiority, unfortunately we have just the opposite. I never seen a fanbase tear down its players, university and town like State fans.
    You should look closer at other universities then.

Mississippi State doesn't have fans any different than any other fanbase.

vCash
    Yeah, I've been in marketing a long, long time and it's always best to enhance your strengths and minimize your weaknesses. Everything has a spin, it's just how you spin it. Heck om knows how to play this game, they had a freaking half time tribute this past year for the sec west football co champions, even though that doesn't even exist. Heck you'd think om was the worlds best at everything the way they spin it but it's what you have to do. That being said all message boards are filled to brim with negative takes.

vCash
    You should look closer at other universities then.

Mississippi State doesn't have fans any different than any other fanbase.
    I have just as many rebelbearshark friends and family as I do MSU friends. They don't trash their players, town and university near to the point our fans do. They are all generally pulling in the same direction.

vCash
    I have just as many rebelbearshark friends and family as I do MSU friends. They don't trash their players, town and university near to the point our fans do. They are all generally pulling in the same direction.
    Nah. You're being dramatic. You're a part of this fanbase so you get to see all of it, but MSU fans aren't any worse than any other fanbase.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Yeah, I've been in marketing a long, long time and it's always best to enhance your strengths and minimize your weaknesses. Everything has a spin, it's just how you spin it. Heck om knows how to play this game, they had a freaking half time tribute this past year for the sec west football co champions, even though that doesn't even exist. Heck you'd think om was the worlds best at everything the way they spin it but it's what you have to do. That being said all message boards are filled to brim with negative takes.
    Great line, we have way too many fans, on both boards (I don't look at Genespage - if that is even still up) that maximize, and want to hone in on, our weaknesses, that think we are not deserving and want to press that mantra.

vCash
    Portland stealing a bid will probably knock us out of the ESPN bracket.