Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OK- here we are. Baseball season is now a fight

vCash
    MSU fans can't stand losing to LSU or anyone enough foresake a coach. But there is always that guy, that does. Does that matter on the field, not at all.

Just enjoy the season. Maybe they win a bunch of games. You can't fire the coach until May and even then, you don't have a guarantee that Selmon will hire someone better.

Not saying there aren't better coaches, just saying that Selmon and MSU have to find, recruit and hire that better coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    They're about to learn that pitching and defense can win you baseball games. I'm sure they'll be back when LSU beats us 2/3 or sweeps us.
    If LSU wins the series, that's par-for-the-course. We haven't won a home series over LSU in ages. This series won't define the baseball team, although if we win it that could give us all a boost of hope.

vCash
    As long as we continue to play defense and shove it in the zone we will be okay.

We have 4 losses. The first 3 were without both Mershon and Kohler. We're 14-2 if healthy. Maybe 15-1.
    Yes I know the competition has largely sucked.

vCash
    Find a way to split the first 2 of every conference weekend series and then Loo against everyone elses #3 guy gives a great chance to win a bunch of sec series. While sweeping series is awesome the key in baseball is to just win every series and that puts you where you need to be at the end of the season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Should get 2 midweeks this week to get to 14-4 facing LSU at home.
    I would?t ring up USA as a win just yet. They may end up being our toughest non SEC game when it?s all said and done.

vCash
    I hate playing 2 the midweek before sec play.

vCash
    If we can win both mid weeks and at least get 1 from LSU that would be a successful week.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    As long as we continue to play defense and shove it in the zone we will be okay.

We have 4 losses. The first 3 were without both Mershon and Kohler. We're 14-2 if healthy. Maybe 15-1.
    Yes I know the competition has largely sucked.
    Late inning pitching cost us two wins after dominating the games. We easily 14-2 or 15-1 if healthy and better pitching management.

vCash
    Fielding percentage is up to .982
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    That is excellent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Find a way to split the first 2 of every conference weekend series and then Loo against everyone elses #3 guy gives a great chance to win a bunch of sec series. While sweeping series is awesome the key in baseball is to just win every series and that puts you where you need to be at the end of the season.
    Absolutely.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Gotta admit I'm starting to buy in.
    Not until we start hitting.
    Downvotes_Hype

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    How is our runs scored and project HR totals?
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Not until we start hitting.
    Our team batting average is comparable to last year and in the middle of the SEC right now.

Now yes we do need to hit with more power but a lot of that is Highfill being out and Hines in a power slump. I think our slugging percentage will improve over the course of the year.

vCash

Highfill won't be back this season

Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Our team batting average is comparable to last year and in the middle of the SEC right now.

Now yes we do need to hit with more power but a lot of that is Highfill being out and Hines in a power slump. I think our slugging percentage will improve over the course of the year.
    Maybe not next year either.
    Power going to have to come from someone else

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Win 2 against LSU and everyone will start to buy in.
    Absolutely. I'll be glad to win both midweek games and 1 against LSU. If we win 2 against LSU I'll be very glad, even if we drop 1 of the midweek games.

vCash
    Weak non-con opponents can only teach you bad things. We won't know what we have till 2weekends of SEC play. Even this weekends honestly, we could get swept and still end up at 14 wins. Just have to be patient and see. That's why I have been quiet, nothing to say till they show me something

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    How is our runs scored and project HR totals?
    Team BA and runs scored per are higher than last season overall- but we obviously havent played an SEC game.

This team is different as it will be a pitching and defense team. It's not going to hit for power- so you adjust offensively to what you have. Incorporate a little more bunting and such. Just getting Rally Killa out of the 5 hole has helped the last 2 games.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    Weak non-con opponents can only teach you bad things. We won't know what we have till 2weekends of SEC play. Even this weekends honestly, we could get swept and still end up at 14 wins. Just have to be patient and see. That's why I have been quiet, nothing to say till they show me something
    You were pretty vocal when we were 3-4. What happened?**

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Win your home series and do not get swept on the road. That puts you 15-15 in conference play and will have you hosting.