Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Baseball- Game 2 vs Aces

vCash
    We need to be talking more about why Logan Forsythe isn't pitching more instead of why we're pitching Colby Holcombe.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    We need to be talking more about why Logan Forsythe isn't pitching more instead of why we're pitching Colby Holcombe.
    I think it's time to stop the Colby experiment.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    The Cerantola comparisons have been over done..... but their not wrong.
    Cerantola was 97-98 mph. Today Holcombe was 92-93.

If Parker invests in development in a controlled manner, I guess it's alright. I seems Ligon is fried, Simmons is done, and now Holcombe looks unwell.

Good to get these wins, but pitching depth looks challenging, that's probably Parker's motivation to rehabilitate Holcombe

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Dawg View Post
    I think it's time to stop the Colby experiment.
    I don't. I think we need to keep putting him in low leverage situations like we did today and see if we can get his confidence back. If he doesn't get it back then he doesn't get it back but if he does we may have another Zac Houston situation here towards the end of the year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    Cerantola was 97-98 mph. Today Holcombe was 92-93.

If Parker invests in development in a controlled manner, I guess it's alright. I seems Ligon is fried, Simmons is done, and now Holcombe looks unwell.

Good to get these wins, but pitching depth looks challenging, that's probably Parker's motivation to rehabilitate Holcombe
    Ligon is basically in the same boat as Holcombe. He started out Ok against USM actually but then the wild pitch and home run rattled him. I'm guessing we see Bradley Loftin pitch some midweek if not Sunday. I'm curious to see how he does.

One thing about our staff is Tyson Hardin has gotten better and Tyler Davis has pitched much better. We need to get Cam Schuelke going again.

The way I see it right now- we have a pretty good bullpen and a solid starting rotation but no one that is really elite that starts for us. Loo may be our best starter. But we're going to start him on Sunday's so that we can get scouting reports on hitters and things like that to maximize his uniqueness. It could cause us to steal some Sunday's from some SEC teams.

vCash
    Loo may be our best starter. But we're going to start him on Sunday's so that we can get scouting reports on hitters and things like that to maximize his uniqueness. It could cause us to steal some Sunday's from some SEC teams.
    Yep. A win on Sunday counts exactly like a win on Friday. Get 'em however you can get 'em.

vCash
    Ligon is basically in the same boat as Holcombe. He started out Ok against USM actually but then the wild pitch and home run rattled him. I'm guessing we see Bradley Loftin pitch some midweek if not Sunday. I'm curious to see how he does.

One thing about our staff is Tyson Hardin has gotten better and Tyler Davis has pitched much better. We need to get Cam Schuelke going again.

The way I see it right now- we have a pretty good bullpen and a solid starting rotation but no one that is really elite that starts for us. Loo may be our best starter. But we're going to start him on Sunday's so that we can get scouting reports on hitters and things like that to maximize his uniqueness. It could cause us to steal some Sunday's from some SEC teams.
    Some numbers in the numbers. Only 10HR allowed in 113 innings but Ligon and Holcombe gave 8 in their 10 innings. +300 batting averages against. Even toothless USM was poised to shell Ligon.

MSU has 4 guys that look ready to roll for sure: Dohm, JC, Stephen, and Auger

Then the next 4 look to be Black, Siary, Stevens, and Dotson. Other than Siary we have small samples from this group. That said, Stevens and Dotson are blue chips, they are supposed to be good.

The next 3 are Davis, Hardin and Shuelke but people are hitting Hardin and Shuelke at 350. Season is young, Parker knows more about their strengths than one-month ago. We dont know anything about Loftin I guess.

Most college teams use 6 to 7 guys for 80% of innings.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by State82 View Post
    Yep. A win on Sunday counts exactly like a win on Friday. Get 'em however you can get 'em.
    Amen to this! And Loo is gonna win a majority of those Sunday games. It's a great strategy. If you can split the first 2 in weekend games Loo gives you a great chance to win the series every weekend.

vCash

Hardin looks like he's in the beginning of a Jared Liebelt level career turn... only half joking.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.