Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bracketology 3/8

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Well we just played the hardest 4 game stretch in the entire NCAA and had 2 close losses with our big man okaying hurt for 3 of the games.
    And you know how much the committee will care? ZERO PERCENT

vCash
    Well we just played the hardest 4 game stretch in the entire NCAA and had 2 close losses with our big man okaying hurt for 3 of the games.
    We were a 5 point favorite today. We were expected to win but we didnt and were basically behind the whole game after not playing well the past 2 games. No excuses. I hope we don't get left out but if we do I'm not going to gripe about it.

vCash
    Good lord this fanbase. Sorry we expect to win games sometimes. There is no taking up for this team. They have underachieved tremendously and it starts at the top with Jan's. Hit the portal and get some offensive players or get out

vCash
    Last 4 in...
    Villanova lost
    New Mexico underdog tonight
    Virginia big fav vs GT
    St. John's won vs bad team

Next 4...
    Colorado winning at osu right now
    Providence underdog vs UConn
    Iowa host Illinois tomorrow
    Memphis lost

Maybe we will get some help

vCash
    NW is #52. We desperately need them to win tonight vs Minnesota to hopefully get to top 50

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    We were a 5 point favorite today. We were expected to win but we didnt and were basically behind the whole game after not playing well the past 2 games. No excuses. I hope we don't get left out but if we do I'm not going to gripe about it.
    Yeah as much as I want us to get in, we haven't taken care of business. We were in a position to lock it up and get a very good seed and we didn't get it done. You have to win period. Close losses don't count.

vCash
    We aren’t making it now. Today was our last chance. We would need a miracle like no conference tournament upsets

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    We aren’t making it now. Today was our last chance. We would need a miracle like no conference tournament upsets
    Or an even bigger miracle like winning the SEC tournament

vCash
    We aren?t making it now. Today was our last chance. We would need a miracle like no conference tournament upsets
    Maybe, but it isn't just us in a vaccum... other teams have to win games

ETA... we all said the same thing last year when we played and lost to vandy the last game. I still think it's just like last year where we have to win an SECT game, which is hardly a given for us

vCash
    I wouldn't say we're hopeless. Our resume is about the same as it was last year. But I no longer expect to make it. If we do, I'd bet on being one of the First Four again.

vCash
    I still think we get in as a play in game. We need to win some and play better in the sec tournament to try and get going again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    I wouldn't say we're hopeless. Our resume is about the same as it was last year. But I no longer expect to make it. If we do, I'd bet on being one of the First Four again.
    We need NW to win tonight to make that win a Q1. We obviously need some teams to lose now. We need an SECt win.

vCash
    BTW, pretty sure our late season slide coincides with our baseball team starting to win. The universe can't allow us to feel good about 2 sports at the same time

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Maybe, but it isn't just us in a vaccum... other teams have to win games

ETA... we all said the same thing last year when we played and lost to vandy the last game. I still think it's just like last year where we have to win an SECT game, which is hardly a given for us
    The committee doesn’t look at tournament wins unless you win the whole thing. They will set the field tomorrow and then bounce out teams if there are upsets. We are probably a last 4 in right now so we have to hope for few upsets

vCash
    The committee doesn?t look at tournament wins unless you win the whole thing. They will set the field tomorrow and then bounce out teams if there are upsets. We are probably a last 4 in right now so we have to hope for few upsets
    I absolutely think they look at tourney games when they're considering 3-4 teams

ETA... now I don't think a team can play themselves into consideration by winning a couple, but I do think you can lock up a spot

vCash
    The committee doesn’t look at tournament wins unless you win the whole thing. They will set the field tomorrow and then bounce out teams if there are upsets. We are probably a last 4 in right now so we have to hope for few upsets
    That's not necessarily true. There's not a lot of consistency from year to year. Some years they don't care at all about conference tournament results, some years they do. Some years NET means a lot, others it doesn't.

Really they just put in whoever they want and make up a justification after the fact.

Honestly, I would rather abolish the committee altogether, and just take the top 37 teams in NET who aren't autobids and pick the field that way, and also use NET to seed the teams. The committee has the potential to be biased, and even worse, lazy and stupid.

vCash
    We aren't getting in and shouldn't. A veteran tourney worthy team doesn't shite the bed like this down the stretch. We wouldn't do anything in the tourney anyway. Very disappointing season per Miss State standards. We are headed to the NIT. Period.

vCash
    State May get in but they don't deserve it. 1-4 down the stretch!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    State May get in but they don't deserve it. 1-4 down the stretch!
    We all do this, but who is the more deserving team. We all seem to assume our competition is winning

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    You are all still operating on the premise that everyone else stayed the same. Tennessee is better, Kentucky is better, Auburn is better, OM is better, A&M is better, Florida is better, Bama is better, USCe is better. We are better but everyone else that was better than us last year got better and teams that were at our level or a little worse got better.
    Actually, 5 of the 8 teams that finished ahead of us last year regressed. Alabama, TAMU, Vanderbilt, Missouri and Arkansas were much better last year. 4 of those were tourney teams last year and are not this year. Even Kentucky had a better record last year.

South Carolina returned all their guys from an 11 win team and added a stud freshman and won 25 games.

No more excuses, we just did not get it done this year, simple as that.
    Last edited by MoreCowbell; 03-09-2024 at 08:07 PM.