Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: State baseball #177 rpi

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    You cant put a certain numbers of wins out there and say floor.

The standard at State in baseball is make the NCAA's with the expectation of advancement to a Super or better more often than not.

Lemon is on his 3rd strike.
    Should JoMo have gotten a "3rd strike"?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    No. His off the field issues cost him his job
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    We fired JoMo after 2 bowl seasons because it was obvious the program was trending down.
    Based on strictly coaching- JoMo was getting another year in spite of the off field issues. Then the fight happened. Then team hotel wreaked of weed. Then we played like ass in the bowl game.

Only then was he let go

vCash
    Based on strictly coaching- JoMo was getting another year in spite of the off field issues. Then the fight happened. Then team hotel wreaked of weed. Then we played like ass in the bowl game.

Only then was he let go
    Only then we had the EXCUSE to let him go; but 99% of the fan base -including yourself- wanted him fired before the hotel incident.

vCash
    Only then we had the EXCUSE to let him go; but 99% of the fan base -including yourself- wanted him fired before the hotel incident.
    I wanted him gone after he lost to Mullen. But he also didn’t have a Natty on his belt either. That’s why Lemon got a 3rd strike

vCash
    I wanted him gone after he lost to Mullen. But he also didn’t have a Natty on his belt either. That’s why Lemon got a 3rd strike
    This is the answer. If we had lost to Vandy in a 15 inning game 3, Lemonis is fired last year. Crossing the finish line gave him an extra get out of jail free card. He used it last year so now it is crap or get off the pot.

vCash
    If Moorhead won the College Football Playoff in 2018, he likely gets a very long leash after that. Can you imagine:

2018 - National Title
    2019 - 6-7 oops
    2020 - COVID year, nothing matters
    2021 - probably suck but he gets another year
    2022 - second straight non-bowl year, but the national title probably gets him one more
    2023 - we fire him midseason and still say "thanks for the memories"

vCash
    This is your biggest issue and why you don't get it. You compare baseball coaching to football coaching. You can't do that because it's a completely different field. Baseball has a completely different recruiting cycle than football. Baseball coaches have to go through a full season basically without any of their recruits. In football you can have some of your own players in year one. Baseball coaches prefer stability rather than prestige from coaching in the SEC and getting a massive contract before settling down. That's why you see coaches stay at mid majors forever sometimes- especially if they are well liked and comfortable.

That's why MSU is handling Lemonis differently than they handled Moorhead. Because they actually understand the difference.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    If Moorhead won the College Football Playoff in 2018, he likely gets a very long leash after that. Can you imagine:

2018 - National Title
    2019 - 6-7 oops
    2020 - COVID year, nothing matters
    2021 - probably suck but he gets another year
    2022 - second straight non-bowl year, but the national title probably gets him one more
    2023 - we fire him midseason and still say "thanks for the memories"
    This is a good comparison to our situation to Lemonis but put in football terms.

vCash
    And just like that, we're up to #108. Nice week so far, so let's finish it strong

vCash
    It really is good seeing the winning streak, been a while and things are looking better. Tough weak ahead but a good test. Need to take the series today also.

vCash
    Just as an update to this, I'm seeing our RPI as 88 heading into the week.

It's still too early for that stuff but for those clamoring about it, there you have it. LSU is #33.

Also, our SOS is better than Tennessee, Auburn, and Kentucky. So while we weren't exactly playing the best competition, our SOS is in the Top 50% in all of college baseball.

As another fun fact, our pitching staff is 4th in the country in K/BB ratio with just over 4. Hard to do anything but overwhelmingly praise Parker thus far for what he's done.
    Last edited by MetEdDawg; 03-11-2024 at 06:20 AM.

vCash
    May I add that I'm like Gomer Pile "Surprise Surprise Surprise"! But I'm very happy!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    Just as an update to this, I'm seeing our RPI as 88 heading into the week.

It's still too early for that stuff but for those clamoring about it, there you have it. LSU is #33.

Also, our SOS is better than Tennessee, Auburn, and Kentucky. So while we weren't exactly playing the best competition, our SOS is in the Top 50% in all of college baseball.

As another fun fact, our pitching staff is 4th in the country in K/BB ratio with just over 4. Hard to do anything but overwhelmingly praise Parker thus far for what he's done.
    Yeah we ain't got the worst SEC OOC schedule. Everyone plays bad teams and loses to them. Our pitching has been post season good and our bats seem to be waking up a little too. I' cautiously optimistic but still from Missouri- - show me these next two weeks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Yeah we ain't got the worst SEC OOC schedule. Everyone plays bad teams and loses to them. Our pitching has been post season good and our bats seem to be waking up a little too. I' cautiously optimistic but still from Missouri- - show me these next two weeks.
    100%!

vCash
    I'm literally shocked no one has come onto this board and posted that Austin Peay was beaten yesterday by Auburn by the score of 24-5.........
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    That's....uh....quite the jump in one week....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    I'm literally shocked no one has come onto this board and posted that Austin Peay was beaten yesterday by Auburn by the score of 24-5.........
    I'm shocked someone didn't mentioned AP had a good chance to win the series w auburn.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    I'm shocked someone didn't mentioned AP had a good chance to win the series w auburn.
    Should have won it. Blew Game 1

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    It's because nobody believes small schools can actually have good baseball teams, lol. Even though year after year these so called no names schools win and can win big. Baseball is different . Imagine if in baseball you could have your best hitter just go up and hit anytime you wanted to give "him the ball" or you best pitcher could pitch every game. It's the ultimate team sport where your least player or pitcher can be a hero! It's why I love the game so much! You don't have to be 6'4" 240 beast of an athlete to compete and be successful.