Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: State baseball #177 rpi

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    I agree. 15-15 should be the floor.
    You cant put a certain numbers of wins out there and say floor.

The standard at State in baseball is make the NCAA's with the expectation of advancement to a Super or better more often than not.

Lemon is on his 3rd strike.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    I think he put together the schedule because of the new PC and giving him time to figure out the staff. Everybody knows- especially Lemon- that what he does in the SEC controls his fate- not OOC. We were 18-5 OOC last year- stacking wins. Didnt matter. This year's OOC doesnt matter either. A 14 or more SEC baseball team is not getting left out in this day as tough as the SEC is
    Since we have trouble beating these crappy teams, we won't be winning 14 SEC games. No different than basketball right now. Go ahead and make other plans for that first round weekend.
    Last edited by RezDog7; 03-07-2024 at 03:07 PM.

vCash
    All games matter, maybe that has been our problem the last couple of years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    I agree. 15-15 should be the floor.

Just ironic that Lemonis put together this crap schedule hoping to stack wins but it may end up costing him his job.
    Wouldn't matter if we went undefeated in OOC play. His fate was always tied to SEC play.

vCash
    3 sec teams have an rpi outside the top 75: OM, mizzou, and us. Anyone think someone makes the tourney in this group of 3?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    3 sec teams have an rpi outside the top 75: OM, mizzou, and us. Anyone think someone makes the tourney in this group of 3?
    Our pitching gives us a chance. Got to scratch and claw for runs. Plus- we are pretty good defensively- .978 fielding (.964 last year)

vCash
    Winning 14 SEC games is going to be tough, but it is what it will take to make a regional. I just hope if Lemo is let go we still find a way to keep Parker. The improvement he has made with our pitching is remarkable

vCash
    Polk was 7-7 going into the SEC his last year before going 9-21 in the SEC. I wonder what the floor is. I feel like the National Championship goodwill is all used up.

Not sure if squeaking into a Regional as a 3 seed is truly enough, especially if we get run ruled like last year.

vCash
    I think he put together the schedule because of the new PC and giving him time to figure out the staff. Everybody knows- especially Lemon- that what he does in the SEC controls his fate- not OOC. We were 18-5 OOC last year- stacking wins. Didnt matter. This year's OOC doesnt matter either. A 14 or more SEC baseball team is not getting left out in this day as tough as the SEC is
    This has been brought up by T&L and other entertainment outlets.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    All games matter, maybe that has been our problem the last couple of years.
    I couldn't agree more! Yes they do!

vCash
    State has their hands full with Evansville this weekend. Bats better wake up quick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by No BS Dawg View Post
    State has their hands full with Evansville this weekend. Bats better wake up quick.
    Think someone posted their RPI is 140 to our 177. Does this mean we are underdogs at home?****

vCash
    Exactly. Get the job done or we gonna fire that ass. It's simple
    Defend, defend, defend... but give yourself a token out. Lolz
    MSU = Check Collectors

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    Defend, defend, defend... but give yourself a token out. Lolz
    This makes no sense.

I agreed he should get a 3rd year. I also have agreed he should be fired if he doesnt get the job done.

vCash
    Get back to me at the end of March when we have played 9 games vs #2, #6, and #7

Our schedule will take care of itself
    Only if you win some of those

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDawg81 View Post
    Only if you win some of those
    Thats what its all about

vCash
    This makes no sense.

I agreed he should get a 3rd year. I also have agreed he should be fired if he doesnt get the job done.
    It's been funny to me to see fans criticize those that said that he would come back and should come back- which we were correct about- get also criticized because Lemonis isn't performing up to standard. When the entire stance the whole time was that year three would tell the tale. Just because we won a National Championship it doesn't mean we should act like Texas A&M football.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    Winning 14 SEC games is going to be tough, but it is what it will take to make a regional. I just hope if Lemo is let go we still find a way to keep Parker. The improvement he has made with our pitching is remarkable
    If we win 13 SEC games we're likely getting in. And I still say that 12 gets us on the bubble and very likely in. Our RPI will self correct from SEC wins.

Here are the current RPI's of our SEC opponents- 29, 9, 15, 14, 107 (Ole Miss which will easily go up), 70, 92, 8, 1, and 202 (Mizzou).

And then OOC right now we have top 100 South Alabama at a neutral site, Samford on the road, Central Arkansas, and 107 Ole Miss which as I said should be 100 easily by the time we play them. And sure some of those teams RPI's will fluctuate but at the same time it's also likely that someone like Austin Peay and Georgia Southern will fluctuate too.

But again- it comes down to SEC wins.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    If we win 13 SEC games we're likely getting in. And I still say that 12 gets us on the bubble and very likely in. Our RPI will self correct from SEC wins.

Here are the current RPI's of our SEC opponents- 29, 9, 15, 14, 107 (Ole Miss which will easily go up), 70, 92, 8, 1, and 202 (Mizzou).

And then OOC right now we have top 100 South Alabama at a neutral site, Samford on the road, Central Arkansas, and 107 Ole Miss which as I said should be 100 easily by the time we play them. And sure some of those teams RPI's will fluctuate but at the same time it's also likely that someone like Austin Peay and Georgia Southern will fluctuate too.

But again- it comes down to SEC wins.
    First off, times have changed, coaches now day are paid to win now, second, we built a very expensive stadium and I expect to win, thirdly, most don't care about rpi, it is all about winning. So in saying this, he is getting third year, it's kinda iffy if he makes a 4th year. Msu has finally stepped up like a SEC program when it comes to firing coaches before contract ends, LOL.
    I hope Lemonis wins big, we host a region and win it. There is no excuse our program has been last and next to last in the Sec in baseball. I expect more from our Baseball program, I'm not use to seeing us lose and not make sec or regionals.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    It's been funny to me to see fans criticize those that said that he would come back and should come back- which we were correct about- get also criticized because Lemonis isn't performing up to standard. When the entire stance the whole time was that year three would tell the tale. Just because we won a National Championship it doesn't mean we should act like Texas A&M football.
    We fired JoMo after 2 bowl seasons because it was obvious the program was trending down.

We fired Arnett after 1 because it was obvious the program was trending down.

But Lemo can miss Hoover in back to back seasons and we keep him because he "deserves" another chance? What? He should have been gone for the same reasons JoMo and Arnett were fired; they just aren't likely to perform at the level we want moving forward