Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Because our baseball fans live in a bubble

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Sooooo the complaining about our win is fine? Okkkkkk
    Who is complaining about our win, and what the hell does that have to do with UCF beating Florida? Oh yeah, still waiting on that SOS link.

vCash
    This used to be my favorite Mississippi State message board.

I check it maybe once a day now.

Troll34 is why.

vCash
    The only silver lining for me is that so far our losses have mostly been without Mershon and Kohler in the lineup. This winning streak coincided with their return. We also are figuring out who can help us in the bullpen and that to me was one of the most encouraging things about the USM game. And we didn't even pitch Schuelke or Gavin Black last night. I still want to see what Logan Forsythe can give us also. Hopefully they throw some this weekend. At any rate we have a closer that has emerged and it's looking like some guys like Tyson Hardin and Tyler Davis may have turned the corner. We're going to need our bullpen to be strong in SEC play because we don't have a Will Bednar type ace on this staff I don't believe.

And really the issue with hitting is more about lack of power than actual hitting. Our batting average as a team is right in the middle of the SEC. But we're dead last in slugging percentage. I'm not sure what to think about that other than I feel like if we keep hitting at a decent rate like we are the odds are the power will come. Against USM we grinded the game out offensively and did some good things situationally which helped us win the game. That's encouraging.

That said, we still really need to sweep Evansville this weekend. Do that and all of a sudden we're sitting at 12-4 going into Biloxi with our longest winning streak in awhile.

vCash
    You can fact check me all day. I've never backed away from that. I'll find the link
    Still waiting for my link.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    This used to be my favorite Mississippi State message board.

I check it maybe once a day now.

Troll34 is why.
    Oh my. Living in a free country is grande

vCash
    you can LOL all you want. Our fans are basically stupid. You have people posting we have weakest schedule in the country when its in the Top 1/3. Im an Educator.
    You have to be educated yourself 1st. ***
    Last edited by ScoobaDawg; 03-07-2024 at 01:54 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post

And really the issue with hitting is more about lack of power than actual hitting. Our batting average as a team is right in the middle of the SEC. But we're dead last in slugging percentage. I'm not sure what to think about that other than I feel like if we keep hitting at a decent rate like we are the odds are the power will come. Against USM we grinded the game out offensively and did some good things situationally which helped us win the game. That's encouraging.
    I've been wondering if that was just my feelings or if there were actual facts to back this up. It feels like this is the worst slugging MSU team in a long time. Home runs and line drives to the wall just don't happen. Seem to get a fair number to bounce around in the corners if they stay Fair.
    "until the next time you beat a frat guy unconscious, get stoned and think you're Peter Pan"

vCash
    you can LOL all you want. Our fans are basically stupid. You have people posting we have weakest schedule in the country when its in the Top 1/3. Im an Educator.
    I was following you until you said that last part about you being an Educator. I have only met a couple of coaches in my life that actually had taught a tested subject. Most pride themselves on getting out of a classroom and to the field house asap. Most Coaches teach by saying read this, answer the questions... test on friday.

It is nice to know that you are trying the inform others that baseball games are different, I am with you on that part. Scouting reports alone are trash for these mid-week and early season games. Shit happens

vCash
    I wouldn't bet on Tyler Hardin. He had a good outing against USM but otherwise he hasn't been good. Of course, that's one more good outing than Holcombe has had so there's that. Davis may have finally put it all together. Key for him is locating. if he does that he can get hitters out because the stuff is good enough.
    Last edited by Saltydog; 03-07-2024 at 09:42 AM.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Florida lost to UCF tonight 9-6
    Bama beat Troy 8-7 and came from behind
    Kentucky was no-hit for 6 innings tonight vs Eastern Kentucky....now up 4-2 in the 8th
    Tennessee beat Southern Indiana 2-1
    LSU is 1-1 with SELA in the 7th
    SEC teams went 18-1 this midweek. #education

vCash
    What are the rankings of our opponents to date? I know St. Marys was 304 of 305 when we swept them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msudawg1200 View Post
    Still waiting for my link.
    https://d1baseball.com/nitty-gritty/

dummy here didnt check and make sure it was 2024 after googling for 2024. My mistake
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Rock View Post
    I was following you until you said that last part about you being an Educator. I have only met a couple of coaches in my life that actually had taught a tested subject. Most pride themselves on getting out of a classroom and to the field house asap. Most Coaches teach by saying read this, answer the questions... test on friday.

It is nice to know that you are trying the inform others that baseball games are different, I am with you on that part. Scouting reports alone are trash for these mid-week and early season games. Shit happens
    Coaches routinely teach tested subjects now. Our basketball coach teaches English...softball coach US History. Rare to have a Biology teacher as a coach but it does happen. It's damn near impossible to get a PE job now

vCash
    Florida lost to UCF tonight 9-6
    Bama beat Troy 8-7 and came from behind
    Kentucky was no-hit for 6 innings tonight vs Eastern Kentucky....now up 4-2 in the 8th
    Tennessee beat Southern Indiana 2-1
    LSU is 1-1 with SELA in the 7th
    This is a perfect example of the mindset that has held State back for so long. Instead of comparing our teams to winners and seeking to improve our fanbase and big boosters compare our teams to losers and make excuses. Until we filter that out of our fanbase and boosters we will remain at the bottom of the conference.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    This is a perfect example of the mindset that has held State back for so long. Instead of comparing our teams to winners and seeking to improve our fanbase and big boosters compare our teams to losers and make excuses. Until we filter that out of our fanbase and boosters we will remain at the bottom of the conference.
    We are not at the bottom of the conference. We won the CWS 3 years ago

vCash
    Coaches routinely teach tested subjects now. Our basketball coach teaches English...softball coach US History. Rare to have a Biology teacher as a coach but it does happen. It's damn near impossible to get a PE job now
    Yep, My oldest son is a coach and teaches spanish. It's not really like it used to be in the old days when coaches taught just pe or drivers ed. For instance the baseball coaches at west jones teach government, history, biology and the other is an asst principal.

vCash
    alot of schools dont even teach Driver's Ed anymore. Private companies are doing it

vCash
    [QUOTE=99jc;1586894]
    you can LOL all you want. Our fans are basically stupid. You have people posting we have weakest schedule in the country when its in the Top 1/3. Im an Educator.[/QUOTE]

You have to be educated yourself 1st. ***
    Says the guy that doesn't know to properly reply....so I'll fix it for ya

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Rock View Post

Dang, I coach high school baseball and track. I teach four different subjects one of which is a tested subject and an AP class. I also have to drive the bus for games/meets. Plus, the other 50 things Im asked to do on top of that.
    Last edited by Duckdog; 03-07-2024 at 02:11 PM.

vCash
    alot of schools dont even teach Driver's Ed anymore. Private companies are doing it
    Yep, I know they don't at West Jones anymore.