Quote Originally Posted by THE Bruce Dickinson View Post
The pass this guy gets from our fanbase will apparently always baffle me forever.

He was a mid level defensive coordinator. Not amazing like everyone continues sell. We averaged 5th best in the SEC. We have had teams that were first so it's not an unattainable goal. Was supposed to be the next DC at USC or LSU? What happened? Analyst at Ole Miss. LOL nice job.

Takes a successful team and destroys it.

Takes a job with the rival, but "I still like the guy".

17 Him. He's the second worst HC in my lifetime, and I only don't give him the top spot because we weren't dumb enough to give him 5 years like Croom.
Arnett had us in the top 5 of the SEC defenses all 3 years of his time as DC. In the last 20 years the only other times we had teams finish higher than 5th in the conference was '17 and '18 and I shouldn't have to point out how that happened. Peter Sirmon could've taken those two teams and looked good.

Bob Shoop's '19 team was 10th in the conference and the next time he was DC anywhere was USF in '22 where his team was the worst defense in the nation. Todd Grantham fell off a cliff at FL after a decent first two years.

Arnett had us consistent with probably the worst overall talent we've had on defense in the last 20 years. His HC tenure was horrific but he is a good DC. I realize HC rankings are always very opinionated but in mine Moorehead was head and shoulders worse than Arnett and it's not even close. Look at how well he did with the talent we had in '18. The man was carried by talent. He's now 4-20 at Akron. What he did to our program was and is far worse than Arnett not even finishing the year. By the way I actually like the guy just not as a HC.