Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Arnett...

vCash

Arnett...

Hmm...

vCash
    Setting aside the rivalry, that's actually a good move for OM. Arnett has a strong defensive mind and will likely help them.
    I still feel that Arnett is a very good DC and will have a very good career outside of what happened this past year.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Good hire. He has stymied lane's offense the last two years with equal or less talent, so I suspect lane wants him on his side now. Smart.

vCash
    OM just lowered their coaching staff's average IQ about 7 pts.

vCash
    Nah. Arnett has value as a defensive mind.

vCash
    Joe Lee Arnett

He must like the state of Mississippi

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    Joe Lee Arnett

He must like the state of Mississippi
    Good hire by them

He does. Bought some land
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Lane continues to impress

vCash
    This is the downside. I fully expected him to land somewhere where he could cause problems for us.

vCash
    Would've loved for there to be a world where he would've stayed on as our DC. The guy is a great defensive mind.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3467 View Post
    Would've loved for there to be a world where he would've stayed on as our DC. The guy is a great defensive mind.
    Bingo, me too. I would have liked to see him hired as the MSU DC!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    OM just lowered their coaching staff's average IQ about 7 pts.
    Even so, we are looking at a 4th egg bowl loss in the last 5 years.

vCash

So we will be paying almost all of his buyout as long as he is there!

Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Setting aside the rivalry, that's actually a good move for OM. Arnett has a strong defensive mind and will likely help them.
    I still feel that Arnett is a very good DC and will have a very good career outside of what happened this past year.

OM will pay him as an analyst roughly $100k and let him continue to collect on his MSU buyout. What does he bring to the table for OM specifically as Golding wants man coverage eventually and 4 man rush; not Arnett's past or philosphy. Is there an instate recruiting angle I am missing? I don't think so but someone may know more than I.

Kiffin practicing the Saban method sort of.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deltadawg63 View Post
    OM will pay him as an analyst roughly $100k and let him continue to collect on his MSU buyout. What does he bring to the table for OM specifically as Golding wants man coverage eventually and 4 man rush; not Arnett's past or philosphy. Is there an instate recruiting angle I am missing? I don't think so but someone may know more than I.

Kiffin practicing the Saban method sort of.
    It's not that hard - the thing about having analysts is that you have the ability had a depth in knowledge and varied approaches and that strengthens everything.

I'll use a current life situation for me as an example. I work in city planning. A retired planner who I'd worked with a little liked some things we were doing, and asked if there was an opportunity to work PT. Turns out the guy isn't just a retired planner, he's a former Undersecretary for HUD - and knows the ins and outs of every funding program they have. He helped with a grant, and now its turned into a full blown new department dealing with workforce housing issues. I spent $25k for a PT contract employee and brought close to $3m in Federal monies in one year that we had never been able to tap into before. Our City Manager and City Commission think we are geniuses when all it really was was making a good hire to help augment my staff.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3467 View Post
    I second this - I still really like the guy

Senior Member THE Bruce Dickinson's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    I second this - I still really like the guy
    The pass this guy gets from our fanbase will apparently always baffle me forever.

He was a mid level defensive coordinator. Not amazing like everyone continues sell. We averaged 5th best in the SEC. We have had teams that were first so it's not an unattainable goal. Was supposed to be the next DC at USC or LSU? What happened? Analyst at Ole Miss. LOL nice job.

Takes a successful team and destroys it.

Takes a job with the rival, but "I still like the guy".

17 Him. He's the second worst HC in my lifetime, and I only don't give him the top spot because we weren't dumb enough to give him 5 years like Croom.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bruce Dickinson View Post
    The pass this guy gets from our fanbase will apparently always baffle me forever.

He was a mid level defensive coordinator. Not amazing like everyone continues sell. We averaged 5th best in the SEC. We have had teams that were first so it's not an unattainable goal. Was supposed to be the next DC at USC or LSU? What happened? Analyst at Ole Miss. LOL nice job.

17 Him. He's the second worst HC in my lifetime, and I only don't give him the top spot because we weren't dumb enough to give him 5 years like Croom.
    This. You are 100% accurate on each point.

vCash

Yep

vCash
    Lane is merely using this as contempt for us. Like a rub it in your face move. I'm starting not to like that bastard, and will probably like him a whole lot less in the future. If you know what I mean....

vCash

Amen!