Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Arnett...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I've noticed that this seems to happen a lot at MSU.

I call bullshit on all of it. Very convenient way to marginalize a head coach who did a good job for one weekend while also building up popular assistants. And it also doesn't make any sense.
    It happened. We had this discussion on this board when it happened. Joe is a hard headed sob. You think it was Joe's master plan to use motion, short passes and Fitz using his legs? But never did it again after we beat the hell out of AU and A&M?

C'mon, man. This is why Huff and Hud left that year. Joe is his own worst enemy.

I just hope Lebby is worth a damn b/c I'm getting tired of this rinse and repeat shit after Dan.

vCash
    I've noticed that this seems to happen a lot at MSU.

I call bullshit on all of it. Very convenient way to marginalize a head coach who did a good job for one weekend while also building up popular assistants. And it also doesn't make any sense.
    It's not BS. Somebody in the room confirmed it to me. "I'm not running that shit again. We are going to run my offense win or lose"
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    I do not hate or love Arnett. It was a risky hire to begin with and we all knew that. The guy never had a clue on how to be a HC and it showed. It did not help that he then listened to the wrong people. He then cemented his failure by completely overhauling the offense without a QB who could successfully run the offense. Hindsight being 20/20 he probably should have kept one or two of the Leach guys for another year to start the transition.

I also do not give a rats ass that he went to OM. He got hired as an analyst and since we are paying him 7 figures anyways, he can go make 45K from them and work minimal hours. He is not going to give them some advantage over us but some of the takes from our fan base, mostly GPers, are acting like he walked out with the playbook and the exact script of how we are going to attack them.

vCash
    We needed to clean house. BIG TIME. Arnett was a huge part of the problem. Actually he was essentially the face of the problem. We put ourselves in a shitty situation hiring him and the boosters friends to start with. Keenum should have accelerated the AD search which went on way too long at that point anyway. Most of the recruiting class we were trying to "save"- that was the excuse any way- ended up leaving via the portal any way.

I know it was a tragic situation but MSU incredibly and spectacularly mismanaged it. Really it should be a cautionary tale of what happens when you have boosters and hive mentality running a program. We literally won a game where the difference essentially was we couldn't line up correctly and lucked into it otherwise we're 0-8 in the SEC.

The really sad part to me is we should have learned from the Dan to Moorhead switch and I think that's why there was so much misinformation about what offense we were going to run. That and I think they hired a coach that sold them a bill of goods in his interview in Barbay.

My feeling on coaches is that?s fine they are nice people and it?s fine if they aren?t nice people. I don?t give 17. I really don?t want anymore friends and don?t give a 17.

Aren?t sucked as a head coach, more head sucked as a head coach, croom sucked as a head coach.

If they are here 10 years, maybe we could be friends??if they were successful.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPMT View Post
    My feeling on coaches is that?s fine they are nice people and it?s fine if they aren?t nice people. I don?t give 17. I really don?t want anymore friends and don?t give a 17.

Aren?t sucked as a head coach, more head sucked as a head coach, croom sucked as a head coach.

If they are here 10 years, maybe we could be friends??if they were successful.
    As long as I have been a state fan, we seem to follow a pattern for coaches. Jackie good, Croom bad, Mullen good, Moorhead bad, Leach good, Arnett bad. Hopefully this is a good sign for Lebby lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    I do not hate or love Arnett. It was a risky hire to begin with and we all knew that. The guy never had a clue on how to be a HC and it showed. It did not help that he then listened to the wrong people. He then cemented his failure by completely overhauling the offense without a QB who could successfully run the offense. Hindsight being 20/20 he probably should have kept one or two of the Leach guys for another year to start the transition.

I also do not give a rats ass that he went to OM. He got hired as an analyst and since we are paying him 7 figures anyways, he can go make 45K from them and work minimal hours. He is not going to give them some advantage over us but some of the takes from our fan base, mostly GPers, are acting like he walked out with the playbook and the exact script of how we are going to attack them.
    Lebby did a lot better against Arnett when he was at Ole Miss than Kiffin/Weiss did against Arnett. I get what you're saying though.