Thread: Lemo off the bucket

Banned
    vCash

Lemo off the bucket

For all y?all wanting some more fire, he showed it multiple times tonight. He got wound up. I?m surprised be didn?t get tossed one time. On another note, it?s incredible how good of a job parker has done with our pitchers. We are a far better team than we were last year. Mershon is a beast. Just a rowdy, Tanner, Jake type guy. We aren?t perfect by any stretch. But we can be a solid 2 seed somewhere if we stay healthy. Good job Diamond dawgs!

vCash
    There are a couple older guys I wish we would sit for young guys. Stephen’s looks to be very special. Dotson has looked good also.

Anybody know anything on Forsythe? I thought he looked good and then nothing…

vCash
    This is why I wanted to give Lemonis the full year. Foxhall was so bad and I don’t think people realize that. I do not think Lemonis is perfect and it is understandable to criticize him, but this team is much better than the past 2 years. Not that it’s hard to be better than what we put out there the past two years, but there is definitely improvement.

vCash
    It is dumb to declare a season over after a terrible opening 2 weeks, but it's also dumb to declare it a success after 2 more weeks of success. Especially when we're playing a particularly weak OOC slate. I will say that those 4 losses ate pretty much all the OOC margin for error, but to his credit they've been walking the tight rope well since then.

It's a long season, and SEC play is a bit different than this years USM or Mt St marries. We are certainly improved, but by how much? Lemo has a looot of ground to make up between where we've been these last 2 seasons and where we want to be as a program. I think we'll just have to put a cork in it till SEC play gets here

vCash
    Our pitching Coach may be best Coach on staff, big improvement no doubt. More about overall talent when we start a rough first few weeks of Sec play. Brutal to say the least. Keep winning!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    It is dumb to declare a season over after a terrible opening 2 weeks, but it's also dumb to declare it a success after 2 more weeks of success. Especially when we're playing a particularly weak OOC slate. I will say that those 4 losses ate pretty much all the OOC margin for error, but to his credit they've been walking the tight rope well since then.

It's a long season, and SEC play is a bit different than this years USM or Mt St marries. We are certainly improved, but by how much? Lemo has a looot of ground to make up between where we've been these last 2 seasons and where we want to be as a program. I think we'll just have to put a cork in it till SEC play gets here
    It's not a just this season criticism. It's 2 years of complete failure and starting a 3rd the exact same.

vCash
    I think the first 3 SEC weekends decide his fate.

5-4/4-5? He will keep his job as this team will likely win 15 SEC games
    3-6? No man's land. The struggle continues on for the verdict
    2-7? Unlikely to save job
    1-8? Done. Might as well fire him at that point. There's no recovering from that start and the fans will be done.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    This is why I wanted to give Lemonis the full year. Foxhall was so bad and I don’t think people realize that. I do not think Lemonis is perfect and it is understandable to criticize him, but this team is much better than the past 2 years. Not that it’s hard to be better than what we put out there the past two years, but there is definitely improvement.
    Exactly. Don’t give up on him yet. And don’t crown him yet. Just let it play out. I see us as a tourney team. As hopefully a 2 seed at this point but we could yank or we could take off. If we make the Tourny comfortably there’s no way I fire him

vCash
    We look like a 10-20 team to me. Lemonis put all of his focus on the portal and he whiffed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post

*most likely outcome

1-8? Done. Might as well fire him at that point. There's no recovering from that start and the fans will be done.
    *concur
    If 1-8, fire him then, don't wait.

vCash
    Our first three series are all against top 7 teams. Two are on the road.
    I'd take 3-6 right now.

vCash

I will add that how we lose matters. Getting run ruled every weekend is not acceptable unless we are having one bad game but winning the series. Last year we were run ruled almost as many times as we had SEC wins.

vCash

Pretty accurate, I think.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Our pitching Coach may be best Coach on staff, big improvement no doubt. More about overall talent when we start a rough first few weeks of Sec play. Brutal to say the least. Keep winning!
    Team is 4:1 on K to BB after 1.6:1 last year

Impressive to me is that guys are comfortable with contact again. Davis, Hardin, Shuelke, and Siari are going to get hit. But they are not walking guys ahead of those hits. The SEC might hit 310 on the MSU deep Bullpen but it won't be Run Rule game like last year.

If Stevens, Loftin, and Dotson play to promise. Then you could be dramatically better. Are Simmons and Pico supposed to pitch this season?

vCash
    The pitching is dramatically better than last year. Here's something i dont see anyone mentioning, our infield defense is as good as i've seen in college baseball. The infield defense is incredibly tight and night and day better than the last 2 years. Replacing Larry with Mershon made it even better and even ol' Hunter is doing a good job at first. They're just not making errors this year. We gave away so many runs last year on errors and when you add the walks it was a recipe for disaster every night.

vCash
    I am told that neither Pico or Simmons will pitch this season.

vCash
    The first three weekends will give us an idea of what will likely happen to Lemonis but unless it's we're 0-9 and getting run ruled almost every game I kind of doubt the powers that be would make any final decisions until after the season.

One thing that I think will give us an advantage and save our season is Loo pitching on Sunday. I would suspect that he is better than most SEC teams Sunday guy. That said our Friday and Saturday guy is probably middle of the pack or in the second half of the SEC. We do have a good bullpen and we appear to have a pitching coach that is much better at managing it than Foxhall.

So, my point is this- we might win 2-3 Friday night games, 4-5 Saturday games and then win something like 7 Sunday games. If that plays out that would be 13 SEC wins. (2+4+7) That will probably get us in the regionals. So then the elephant in the room is would that be good enough to keep Lemonis? If you are asking me- I would say no. I'm assuming that our resume would get us a 3 seed and that we don't advance beyond the regionals. I don't make those decisions though. But watching the team play I think this scenario is what we're likely looking at this year.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    The first three weekends will give us an idea of what will likely happen to Lemonis but unless it's we're 0-9 and getting run ruled almost every game I kind of doubt the powers that be would make any final decisions until after the season.

One thing that I think will give us an advantage and save our season is Loo pitching on Sunday. I would suspect that he is better than most SEC teams Sunday guy. That said our Friday and Saturday guy is probably middle of the pack or in the second half of the SEC. We do have a good bullpen and we appear to have a pitching coach that is much better at managing it than Foxhall.

So, my point is this- we might win 2-3 Friday night games, 4-5 Saturday games and then win something like 7 Sunday games. If that plays out that would be 13 SEC wins. (2+4+7) That will probably get us in the regionals. So then the elephant in the room is would that be good enough to keep Lemonis? If you are asking me- I would say no. I'm assuming that our resume would get us a 3 seed and that we don't advance beyond the regionals. I don't make those decisions though. But watching the team play I think this scenario is what we're likely looking at this year.
    I wouldn’t fire him, personally , if we make a regional

vCash

Good analysis with possible reality.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    I wouldn’t fire him, personally , if we make a regional
    Yes, have patience. We are guaranteed to make Hoover next year as it goes to single elimination with all 16 teams. Heck, we make go this year as #12 with our current steady improvement, 14 th to 13th to 12th.****