Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A quick Snapshot of our weekend SP's

vCash

A quick Snapshot of our weekend SP's

They have been outstanding in 11/12 starts.

Those 11 starts- 45.2 IP/5 ER's- ERA 0.98...67 K's/12 BB's

1 bad start- 2.1 IP/7 ER's...3 K's/1BB

Total- 48 IP/12 ER's..70 K's/13 BB's
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Night and day from last year.

vCash
    While this is definitely reason to be hopeful, we have to acknowledge we have played what must be the weakest schedule in the country so far.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    While this is definitely reason to be hopeful, we have to acknowledge we have played what must be the weakest schedule in the country so far.
    The main thing to take away is far less walks. And also to mention is fewer infield errors.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    The main thing to take away is far less walks. And also to mention is fewer infield errors.
    That is indeed all you can take away from those stats considering the competition level. We have 4 pretty solid games coming up. Southern Miss has played well so far and so has Evansville who has put up some gaudy numbers averaging double digits in runs and hits. They have scored over 14 runs in 4 of their 9 games coming into today, twice scoring 18 runs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Our SOS is 205. It's not great, but it's no where close to dead last.

I would have liked to not play a team like Mount St Mary's because they are pretty awful. But it's still much improved by our staff.

vCash
    Yeah, it's pretty good. Our RPI is going to be deflated though with the weak schedule and picking up 4 bad losses already. I doubt we get selected for a Regional unless we can get to .500 in the SEC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    That is indeed all you can take away from those stats considering the competition level. We have 4 pretty solid games coming up. Southern Miss has played well so far and so has Evansville who has put up some gaudy numbers averaging double digits in runs and hits. They have scored over 14 runs in 4 of their 9 games coming into today, twice scoring 18 runs.
    USM has a brand new team/ They lost alot of last years team.

vCash
    Over the last 10 seasons:

15-15 have been selected for the NCAA Tournament 6 of 9 times
    14-16 have been selected 7 of 10 times
    13-17 have been selected 4 of 10 times

No 12-18 team or less has been selected, though Alabama did get in in 2021 at 12-17.

Generally speaking, with 13-15 SEC wins, you need a good RPI to get selected, otherwise you're out. I don't expect us to have a good RPI. People often act like just getting to 13 SEC wins will be enough for us, but I don't think it will, not this year, and definitely not 12 or 11 wins.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Yeah, it's pretty good. Our RPI is going to be deflated though with the weak schedule and picking up 4 bad losses already. I doubt we get selected for a Regional unless we can get to .500 in the SEC.
    We will likely get in to the regionals with 12 SEC wins unless we somehow have an overall losing record which is unlikely in a scenario where we win 12 SEC games.

If we win 13 SEC games we will be a lock.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Over the last 10 seasons:

15-15 have been selected for the NCAA Tournament 6 of 9 times
    14-16 have been selected 7 of 10 times
    13-17 have been selected 4 of 10 times

No 12-18 team or less has been selected, though Alabama did get in in 2021 at 12-17.

Generally speaking, with 13-15 SEC wins, you need a good RPI to get selected, otherwise you're out. I don't expect us to have a good RPI. People often act like just getting to 13 SEC wins will be enough for us, but I don't think it will, not this year, and definitely not 12 or 11 wins.
    RPI at this time of year if very volatile. It's way too soon to assume our RPI will be bad. I wouldn't start worrying about RPi until week 3 of SEC play. Even then I would take it with a grain of salt until week five of SEC play.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    Our SOS is 205. It's not great, but it's no where close to dead last.

I would have liked to not play a team like Mount St Mary's because they are pretty awful. But it's still much improved by our staff.
    They're essentially the equivalent of a SWAC team. It really only hurts if you lose.

vCash
    What about Holcombe?
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    What about Holcombe?
    He'll have to figure it out if he wants to pitch. His mechanics are awful right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    We will likely get in to the regionals with 12 SEC wins unless we somehow have an overall losing record which is unlikely in a scenario where we win 12 SEC games.

If we win 13 SEC games we will be a lock.
    Guy posts a fact saying that no team has ever gotten a bid at 12-18. Then u just completely ignore said fact and say we likely get in at 12-18, lol. That's a message board for you.

vCash
    League note:

Missouri is bad. Lost series to Northern Kentucky this weekend and gave up a ton of runs. 10 in G2 and 16 today
    Mississippi is not very good has lost their last 2 Friday nights

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Guy posts a fact saying that no team has ever gotten a bid at 12-18. Then u just completely ignore said fact and say we likely get in at 12-18, lol. That's a message board for you.
    Q and I dont agree alot but the guy is good with stats.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    The last five years are more in line with my comment than the last ten if you do research. One of the 13 win teams that didn't make it the last five years was a South Carolina team that had a losing season overall.

vCash
    RPI at this time of year if very volatile. It's way too soon to assume our RPI will be bad. I wouldn't start worrying about RPi until week 3 of SEC play. Even then I would take it with a grain of salt until week five of SEC play.
    I agree with this statement in principle, but I think it's really likely that our RPI is lower than would be generally expected from our conference record, regardless of what that record turns out to be. We've probably played a very soft non-conference schedule and haven't even done that well in it. But we'll see. Austin Peay could turn out to be the best team in the ASUN and not a pair of RPI-killing losses, but I doubt any of the other teams we've played will help us at all.

vCash
    The last five years are more in line with my comment than the last ten if you do research. One of the 13 win teams that didn't make it the last five years was a South Carolina team that had a losing season overall.
    Here are all from the last 5 years:
    • 2018 Kentucky (38-22, 13-17), RPI 31 - not selected
    • 2018 Texas A&M (39-20, 13-17), RPI 37 - selected
    • 2019 Missouri (34-22-1, 13-16-1), RPI 31 - not eligible
    • 2019 Florida (33-24, 13-17), RPI 30 - selected
    • 2021 Georgia (31-25, 13-17), RPI 44 - not selected
    • 2021 LSU (34-22, 13-17), RPI 19 - selected
    • 2022 South Carolina (27-28, 13-17), RPI 69 - not selected

Who knows if Missouri would have been selected in 2019. They might have been. Either way, I think 13-17 is very dicey for us. Maybe we'd get the benefit of the doubt for being an "elite" program with great support. Without actually running the numbers, I suspect we won't have an RPI in the 30s if we do end up 13-17. It would help our chances if Air Force, Austin Peay, Mt. St. Mary's, etc., all have really good conference records themselves.