Thread: Pistol Pete is playing on Fox

vCash

Pistol Pete is playing on Fox

I've now seen them both play. Caitlin, who seems like a nice kid, and is a really good women's basketball player, is no Pete Maravich. The way he cold handle the ball and shoot was amazing. How the two's scoring records can be compared is beyond me.

vCash
    Its ridiculous

Maravich averaged 44 PPG for 3 seasons (freshmen werent allowed to play) and had no 3 pt line

She is averaging 28PPG in 4 seasons with a 3 pt line

They are not even close to the same
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    This is a true story. I believe the story was published in the Hattiesburg American newspaper. My cousin played for USM. LSU and Pete Maravich came to USM to play a game. In the 1st half Maravich caught a elbow to the nose. The trainers for LSU couldn?t stop the bleeding so they carried Maravich to Forrest General hospital. At half time my cousin and his teammates thought that since Maravich had gone to the hospital that he was seriously injured and wouldn?t be coming back. They thought they now had chance to beat LSU. Aprox 5mins deep into the second half Maravich comes back with this huge bandage over his nose. He comes back in the game and proceeds to score 36 points. LSU wins the game. My cousin was Wendell Ladner. He went on from USM to play pro basketball with the New Jersey Nets of the old ABA.

Edited to say Clark for sure is NOT Pistol Pete.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranchdawg View Post
    This is a true story. I believe the story was published in the Hattiesburg American newspaper. My cousin played for USM. LSU and Pete Maravich came to USM to play a game. In the 1st half Maravich caught a elbow to the nose. The trainers for LSU couldn?t stop the bleeding so they carried Maravich to Forrest General hospital. At half time my cousin and his teammates thought that since Maravich had gone to the hospital that he was seriously injured and wouldn?t be coming back. They thought they now had chance to beat LSU. Aprox 5mins deep into the second half Maravich comes back with this huge bandage over his nose. He comes back in the game and proceeds to score 36 points. LSU wins the game. My cousin was Wendell Ladner. He went on from USM to play pro basketball with the New Jersey Nets of the old ABA.

IWendell was a god figure here on the coast back in the early 70s to alot of us kids. We were heartbroken when he was killed/ And back in the early 70s the ABA was paying more for the stars than the NBA and was more fun to watch. My brother in law lived a few door down from Pete in Metarie. He said PP would always join in when they were playing BB out in the street.

vCash
    I idolize Wendell when I was growing up and of course Pistol Pete.

vCash
    I idolize Wendell when I was growing up and of course Pistol Pete.
    Every kid wanted to dribble like PP. And Skyhook like Lew.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Its ridiculous

Maravich averaged 44 PPG for 3 seasons (freshmen werent allowed to play) and had no 3 pt line

TRUTH!

vCash

when I was at Scooba Tech USM freshman team came to play Us. Ladner and Marlin Murphy put on a clinic. Both were awesome Players. At that Time Murphy was playing for the Atlanta Braves minor league and you could play JUCO in another sport.

vCash
    Its ridiculous

Fact is it is the favorite left narrative that a woman beat a man. They are obsessed with this type narrative along with any other faction they can find to combat certain groups. Divide and conquer that is the goal. The narrative that a woman can do anything a man can - lie. Nor can a man do everything a woman can. Woke equality.

It is hard to even compare men to men from different eras of ball much less cross genders.

vCash

Bet Caitlin can kick your ass in basketball

Along with everyone else that bashes her.

Why must insecure men comment on something like this is a bad thing? The woman has accomplished what no other person has, period.

Get over it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyDawg13 View Post

Why must insecure men comment on something like this is a bad thing? The woman has accomplished what no other person has, period.

Get over it.
    any Man player on our basketball team would kick Her ass. Stansbury would beat her.

vCash

Get over it.
    I always laugh when people say these things. I watched my son's 9th grade basketball team beat the HS girls by 40 in a scrimmage about a month ago. People forget the gold medal winning women's soccer team losing to a group of 14-15 year old boys in Dallas a few years back.

Strangely, in this hardcore era of Trans- we dont see biological women invading the NBA or even juco basketball. You know why. We all know why
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    I always laugh when people say these things. I watched my son's 9th grade basketball team beat the HS girls by 40 in a scrimmage about a month ago. People forget the gold medal winning women's soccer team losing to a group of 14-15 year old boys in Dallas a few years back.

Strangely, in this hardcore era of Trans- we dont see biological women invading the NBA or even juco basketball. You know why. We all know why
    No doubt. When I was in the 8th grade our boys basketball team was terrible. We only won one game. Our girls were just the opposite. They won district and only lost two games. We had the same coach, and he made us scrimmage about everyday against one another. We'd blast them by at least 20-30 points every time we played.It would always be something like 40-15. I don't understand why people can't accept that men and women are different. Men are naturally bigger, stronger, faster, and more athletic. They just are.

vCash
    And yet, Caitlin would wax you on the floor.

Sure, 9th grade boys can beat high school girls in basketball. But for an old/fat guy (aka "Coach") behind a keyboard suggesting they can beat the ALL TIME scorer in NCAA basketball history is a complete joke. LOL

I can think several elite women in various sports (MTBike, BMX, skateboarding, etc) that could smoke everyone on this board. Just stop with the female bashing, it's weak and pathetic.

vCash
    And yet, Caitlin would wax you on the floor.

Sure, 9th grade boys can beat high school girls in basketball. But for an old/fat guy (aka "Coach") behind a keyboard suggesting they can beat the ALL TIME scorer in NCAA basketball history is a complete joke. LOL

I can think several elite women in various sports (MTBike, BMX, skateboarding, etc) that could smoke everyone on this board. Just stop with the female bashing, it's weak and pathetic.
    I do not think anyone is bashing Clark the player. She is a hell of a talent. I think most are bashing this narrative that she is as good as Pete Maravich. Maravich would make her, and about 99% of the planet, silly on a basketball court. He was something we will never see again. The guy averaged 40 FOR HIS COLLEGE CAREER. And that was without a 3 pt line. His handling skills are other worldly. The only person who might come close to his ball handling would be maybe Steph Curry. And even that is a stretch.