Quote Originally Posted by Ranchdawg View Post
This is a true story. I believe the story was published in the Hattiesburg American newspaper. My cousin played for USM. LSU and Pete Maravich came to USM to play a game. In the 1st half Maravich caught a elbow to the nose. The trainers for LSU couldn?t stop the bleeding so they carried Maravich to Forrest General hospital. At half time my cousin and his teammates thought that since Maravich had gone to the hospital that he was seriously injured and wouldn?t be coming back. They thought they now had chance to beat LSU. Aprox 5mins deep into the second half Maravich comes back with this huge bandage over his nose. He comes back in the game and proceeds to score 36 points. LSU wins the game. My cousin was Wendell Ladner. He went on from USM to play pro basketball with the New Jersey Nets of the old ABA.

Edited to say Clark for sure is NOT Pistol Pete.
when I was at Scooba Tech USM freshman team came to play Us. Ladner and Marlin Murphy put on a clinic. Both were awesome Players. At that Time Murphy was playing for the Atlanta Braves minor league and you could play JUCO in another sport.