Quote Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
I think it will probably be more like 50-60 teams. Although CFB is a big time sport, it will remain regional to some extent. All BIG/SEC teams will be in. UNC/FSU/ND/Miami/Clempson (and maybe a few more ACC teams), plus a few out of the Big 12 will be included. Both Arizona schools will likely be included.

TV will want to maximize the number of eyes possible, keeping fans of second tiers engaged will also bring those viewers to the 5-10 big time programs.
I personally believe that the P2 will have an NFL mindset on expansion and that is the best for P2 profits. A case in point, is NFL relocation instead of expansion. The NFL owners do not want to share the 1/32nd share of television revenue with new arrivals. I believe that the London NFL franchise would be ongoing from Jacksonville if it was not for the covid delay BTW. London is a huge profit boost over Jacksonville for the NFL owners 1/32nd model. The BIG P2 players will be thinking of 1/40th shares and not 1/60th shares of television revenue. That is why I believe that the 40-team benchmark is in play.