Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 10 games in- 20% of the season down

vCash

10 games in- 20% of the season down

Let's look at some stats:

A. Larry- .395 BA/.529 OBP/5 XBH's/15 runs scored....playing well
    Dirtbag- .500BA/.542 OBP/2 XBH's/6 runs in 5 games played. Great he's back
    Jordan- .342BA/.490 OBP/8 XBH's/14 K's....got to stop trying to jerk too much
    Hines- .366BA/.458 OBP/2 XBH's/ Skinny Hines aint the same as Chunky Hines...trying to jerk too much early on also
    Kohler- .318BA/.385 OBP/0 XBH's/ playing solid ball especially on D. Lack of power hurting us tho
    HugeSak- .296BA/.457 OBP/4 XBH's/seems to be getting hot. 5 HBP's already also.
    Trout- .243BA/.364 OBP/4 XBH's/Doesnt K but is a groundball machine. Double play waiting to happen
    Long- .235BA/.435 OBP/0 XBH's/team leader-good catcher....anything offensively is gravy
    Cupp- .194 BA/.333 OBP/1 XBH/Elite defense with a true freshman bat...playing him everyday is both good and bad

Offensively- we are getting better now healthy but we have a serious lack of power. This team would be a Cohen dream. Needs to bunt some/Run-n-hit/steal bases....it's not a pound the ball line-up. Got to find ways to keep getting Stevens AB's. Need his LH'ed bat in the line-up as the bottom of our order is all righty
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    We are 4-1 with Mershon and Kohler in the lineup averaging 10 runs a game.
    Yes I know the competition sucks.

vCash
    Time to cut bait with Chance. There is a reason he is a walkon. Would rather play one of the young guys that actually has some potential

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    We are 4-1 with Mershon and Kohler in the lineup averaging 10 runs a game.
    Yes I know the competition sucks.
    Funny how you are better with all your starters

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    Time to cut bait with Chance. There is a reason he is a walkon. Would rather play one of the young guys that actually has some potential
    I dont know about cutting bait- but at the very least- the veryyyyyy least- platoon his AB's with Stevens. Maybe put Larry in LF

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    I dont know about cutting bait- but at the very least- the veryyyyyy least- platoon his AB's with Stevens. Maybe put Larry in LF
    You can play Chance when up/down 10 runs. But he is not an SEC caliber talent(the major issue for this team is there is a lot of roster spots being taken up by non SEC talent). There is SEC talent on the bench. Might as well go youth movement with them.

vCash
    Chance will be here two more years and have a career similar to Cody Brown. It is what it is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Chance will be here two more years and have a career similar to Cody Brown. It is what it is.
    Just further emphasizes the lack of talent on this roster.

vCash
    Funny how you are better with all your starters
    Competition is gonna get much tougher in days ahead, I'm hoping we continue with winning. We sure do seem to not do vey well until middle or late in the game, mostly the mid majors we have played ae not deep in pitching. JMO

vCash
    you just said there is SEC talent on the bench. the air in west union must be thick today

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho View Post
    you just said there is SEC talent on the bench. the air in west union must be thick today
    Nah they all down at Jackson watching Ingomar

vCash
    He's a solid college player. It's Ok to have a couple of those starting. See Elijah MacNamee.

vCash
    I would take 5 Cody Browns any day. He?s probably one of the most unappreciated players in modern history.

vCash
    I dont see a Macnamee or Brown when I watch Chance. I see a back-up role player

vCash
    I dont see a Macnamee or Brown when I watch Chance. I see a back-up role player
    People complain when we don't have dirtbags on the team. People complain the dirtbags in the team aren't SEC players.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    People complain when we don't have dirtbags on the team. People complain the dirtbags in the team aren't SEC players.
    My complaint is not that he is on the team. I'm glad he is on the team. Knew his dad in college-he is a great guy and maroon to the bone.
    Chance is an MRA guy as am I. Love that about him.

My complaint is that a role player is getting starter AB's. As I said earlier- how about platooning his AB's with Stevens? We badly need another LH'ed bat and having a Freshman get the majority of his AB's vs the oppo arm is good coaching/development.
    Having Chance platoon against LHP's should help him perform to his top ability. Its win-win

Whats the problem?

vCash
    My complaint is not that he is on the team. I'm glad he is on the team. Knew his dad in college-he is a great guy and maroon to the bone.
    Chance is an MRA guy as am I. Love that about him.

My complaint is that a role player is getting starter AB's. As I said earlier- how about platooning his AB's with Stevens? We badly need another LH'ed bat and having a Freshman get the majority of his AB's vs the oppo arm is good coaching/development.
    Having Chance platoon against LHP's should help him perform to his top ability. Its win-win

Whats the problem?
    I think it is because he has 2 first names and Lemonis likes that in a player.

vCash
    The problem is in evaluating but that has been discussed previously*********

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho View Post
    The problem is in evaluating but that has been discussed previously*********
    Evaluating most definitely is a weakness Lemonis has, not just with players either.

I hope we take two today! Regardless of what I think or say, I'm going to always pull for us to win in all sports. For the posters who have the Judge Judy saying "My Opinion is the Only One That Matters" are wrong. LOL

vCash
    What’s Highfill’s story. Any update?