Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stupid Jumbotron Message During KY Game

vCash

Stupid Jumbotron Message During KY Game

Has a dumber thing ever been done at a college basketball game to put that on the Jumbotron with four minutes left when playing the top rated basketball players in the country? It has been a laughing stock all last night and this morning. How embarrassing for our athletic department.

Ever Been to Gloster?? cheewgumm's Avatar
    vCash
    Yes that was horrendous.

And why are we so worried if people storm the court?

That bothers me as well. That means we care more about that crap than winning.

Focus is on the wrong things.

vCash
    That was not real smart

vCash
    I am worried they will post the same message every game now

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MafiaDawg View Post
    Has a dumber thing ever been done at a college basketball game to put that on the Jumbotron with four minutes left when playing the top rated basketball players in the country? It has been a laughing stock all last night and this morning. How embarrassing for our athletic department.
    I told a buddy that our administration lost that game last night when they posted that. An all time mush.

vCash
    Do it at halftime and once the game is settled. On a side note, Caitlin Clark ran into the fan and flopped. I have seen where the Duke guy might have done similar but had his knee get banged up while flopping.

Is this much ado about nothing?

vCash
    Court storming needs to stop. At the same time I am convinced our athletic department is run by a bunch of people with no common sense. It’s almost as if we do this stuff on purpose

vCash
    We lost the game when they made that announcement. Why would you jinx your own school? Why would you suck the energy out of the building? Why would you give motivation to the other team? Why would you take excitement away from your team? You know they all want the fans to storm the court.

Like Gum said, why is State the only school so worried about it? Other schools rush the court multiple times a year.

vCash
    That?s the right message, but at the wrong time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    That?s the right message, but at the wrong time.
    It is honestly like our game day management is run by a bunch of people that don't understand athletic events.

Added : at least the cups don't smell like ass anymore.

was living way out West, but now back in the blessed state of Mississippi
    vCash
    Last night was our first time back since the Renovation was completed.
    - Jombotron asking to MAKE SOME NOISE while we had the ball?dumb
    - Jumbotron asking fans not to storm the court?dumb. We saw some UK players and support staff that saw it, knew it would light a fire in them. They?ve lost 4 of the last 8. A program like that and those caliber players did not need anything to stoke the fire s we gave it to them?.just dumb
    - the DJ and the on-floor hype guy, couldn?t understand most of what either said all night. There?s a half dozen quality sound companies within 3 hours of Starkville that could really make that sound system do what it?s supposed to do, but it was like we used the volunteer team from podunk Baptist church sound booth to run it?.terrible

vCash
    Last edited by KentuckyDawg13; 02-28-2024 at 04:28 PM.

vCash
    Had to be a numb-skull Athletic Department employee from a liberal arts college. Can't trust people from Rhodes to do the right thing.

A real MSU fan or professional knows that MSU loses to Kentucky in the final seconds like it's a choreographed habit, they would still be concerned of losing all the way to 20-seconds after the game was done.

They would check ESPN.com and SECSports.com that the ball game was over. They would call a cousin out-of-state, "can you check on Google that MSU actually won this game? Yes, I am at the game, but I think people are messing with me. Just check it god-dammit!"

vCash
    The reality is MSU's AD would rather be known for playing by the rules than do something that might make the SEC mad. It's pitiful.

vCash

If I was a student there still...

I would have rushed the court if MSU won. And you all would too.

No matter any fu?king message.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyDawg13 View Post
    I would have rushed the court if MSU won. And you all would too.

No matter any fu?king message.
    And you would have been thrown in jail. Guess you had plenty of your parents money to piss away for bail

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cheewgumm View Post
    Yes that was horrendous.

And why are we so worried if people storm the court?

That bothers me as well. That means we care more about that crap than winning.

Focus is on the wrong things.
    After the Duke fiasco at wake. All sec teams have been put on high alert by the league office to not allow it. It's not a safe situation and is a lawsuit just waiting to make some lawyer a bunch of money. No reason for it.

Ever Been to Gloster?? cheewgumm's Avatar
    vCash
    Just because a couple of players flopped to make it look like they were hit by a fan doesn?t mean we change everything.

Caitlyn Clarke is dead to me after that.

She?s horrible.

vCash
    I’m with Brandon. If Bilas said that, what an dumbass. Everybody just a bunch of p****** these days. Can’t have fun cause everybody worried about getting sued. Kids running around on a court, how dangerous could it be. More crowded at a rock concert. Guess we should stop having those too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    And you would have been thrown in jail. Guess you had plenty of your parents money to piss away for bail
    Maybe he had some good buddies who stormed it with him who didn?t get caught get some money together to go get him out. Just saying, what I would have done.