Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stupid Jumbotron Message During KY Game

vCash
    I was at the game with friends on row four and the crowd was so loud and our sound system so crummy at times, that I didn't hear the announcement. Didn't see it on the jumbotron either as eyes were on the action on the court except to check the score and stats on smaller boards. If KY players saw or heard it, wouldn't surprise if our notice before the very end of a supposed victory fired them up. We played their pace in the second half and gave up 54 points compared to 35 the first half. When they finally tied it up, their bench exploded and I felt a sense of coming doom. I think we relaxed a second or so after Hubbard's three to tie it up at 89 to 89. There were 8.5 seconds or so remaining when Sheppard made his floater to win with .5 seconds left. If someone had just gotten in front of him and slowed him down a little, it might have been a much longer desperation shot. Tough loss to take. With the controversy over rushing the court recently, it wouldn't surprise me if the SEC required such announcements now.
    Last edited by Goldendawg; 03-01-2024 at 12:47 AM.

vCash
    The messaging is virtue signaling and CYA in case it did happen they can say well we did all we could. Every manager in every organization manages this way now. I can't stand it. Every decision is about CYA, no leaders have any backbone anymore. This is in our companies and every people organization that exists today.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cheewgumm View Post
    Just because a couple of players flopped to make it look like they were hit by a fan doesn?t mean we change everything.

Caitlyn Clarke is dead to me after that.

She?s horrible.
    I don't blame players too much for "bumping" into fans rushing the court or field after a game. But initiating contact and then bitching about it is ridiculous. Knock a fan to the ground and I won't criticize you too badly as long as you're not a male doing it to a female. But let that be the end of it. The Duke player initiated contact in the dumbest possible way and managed to hurt himself. I get being frustrated after a game but you can't lose your cool to the point of sticking your leg out in front of somebody like that.

Caitlin Clark strikes me as a huge bitch. Instead of being thrilled that anybody gives a shit about women's basketball and being an ambassador for the game off the court with fans supposedly she goes around acting like a pre-madonna(TM) that is inconvenienced by fans.

vCash
    If our pitiful baseball team ever gets close to throwing a no hitter past the 6th inning, I look forward to the OUTS LEFT countdown our tone deaf athletic department would put up on the Jumbotron. I wonder if some of them have ever watched sports before?