Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lemon?s buy out

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    This is the quandry some of our fans have. They don't think Lemonis will get us back to where we expect to be but at the same time he may not be bad enough to justify firing.

To me, the reality is it comes down to our big baseball boosters and if this season isn't up to par I think he is gone.
    This is my thinking Todd, but I'm hoping we "getr done" this season. I love Msu way more than any Coach whether I like them or not. I was not a Leach fan but I liked winning! I just know we have had some locker issues that caused problems and laziness in detail was costly. I think looking at the overall Sec teams, we are not as talented as the top 8, maybe top 10. Again I hope I am wrong.

vCash
    Today is a big game for Lemonis. USM is probably the best non conference team we will face this year so getting a win would be really helpful.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    This is my thinking Todd, but I'm hoping we "getr done" this season. I love Msu way more than any Coach whether I like them or not. I was not a Leach fan but I liked winning! I just know we have had some locker issues that caused problems and laziness in detail was costly. I think looking at the overall Sec teams, we are not as talented as the top 8, maybe top 10. Again I hope I am wrong.
    Do you think the locker room issues have been corrected? One thing Leach corrected was the lazy culture from Moorhead. I am afraid that Lemonis has let the players run things and we have been on a steady decline. Not necessarily the players fault, you have to have a coach set the standard.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Yep, but high earners generally are not as impacted by consumption taxes, obviously.

vCash
    I learned that I make more money than Lemonis. That is interesting.

vCash
    We are probably going to lose, 7-2. Hitting quality pitching is going to be an issue.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    We are probably going to lose, 7-2. Hitting quality pitching is going to be an issue.
    They hit .237 as a team so giving up 7 would be disappointing
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Do you think the locker room issues have been corrected? One thing Leach corrected was the lazy culture from Moorhead. I am afraid that Lemonis has let the players run things and we have been on a steady decline. Not necessarily the players fault, you have to have a coach set the standard.
    After the Championship game I think the players didn't have that "go to guy" to take charge. Players weren't held to "responsibility" which has led to not working hard, more of "on their own" which some didn't. Coaching has been very laid back, is it corrected, lets hope so but I don't think so but maybe a little better. It's my opinion, I could be wrong but I don't see the Msu baseball I'm use to seeing in the past. Just watching Lsu, Ark, Tn, Aub, Ala and a few others, they have passed us big time.

Hope we play today as weather is really bad right now and if so we kicked Usm to the curb. I hope I'm wrong, but time will tell not just in the next few weeks but the season.

vCash
    The SEC will be where the truth comes out. We have all the run rule losses like last year and Lemonis might not make it to May. It is one thing to lose, it is completely different becoming the Vandy football of SEC baseball.

As far as tradition and reputation, I would say only LSU is above us in the SEC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    As far as tradition and reputation, I would say only LSU is above us in the SEC.
    I agree with that. But that doesnt mean there arent better SEC jobs that ours. We are the same in tradition and such as Vandy, Florida, UPig, SC, etc- but coaches would rather coach at some of those places before taking our job. That's just reality. The stupidity by our forefathers to put a major college in the middle of nowhere in Mississippi has done incredible damage to the state and retarded its growth for 150 years and counting

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    I agree with that. But that doesnt mean there arent better SEC jobs that ours. We are the same in tradition and such as Vandy, Florida, UPig, SC, etc- but coaches would rather coach at some of those places before taking our job. That's just reality. The stupidity by our forefathers to put a major college in the middle of nowhere in Mississippi has done incredible damage to the state and retarded its growth for 150 years and counting
    "Small town USA has started to grow more. Coaches today 34 don't live say in Starkvegas 12 months, they make so much money they can buy dream houses to get away like Leach did, Mullen did and so on. Safety is better in StarkVegas say than Gainesville, even BR. Not everyone wants to be in metro USA. I think you are underestimating a lot of things. Some coaches don't have young families to worry so much about Education as well. In saying this, it's just about hiring the right fit for someone who wants to be at StarkVegas.

vCash
    "Small town USA has started to grow more. Coaches today 34 don't live say in Starkvegas 12 months, they make so much money they can buy dream houses to get away like Leach did, Mullen did and so on. Safety is better in StarkVegas say than Gainesville, even BR. Not everyone wants to be in metro USA. I think you are underestimating a lot of things. Some coaches don't have young families to worry so much about Education as well. In saying this, it's just about hiring the right fit for someone who wants to be at StarkVegas.
    I hear you and nothing you said is incorrect. I'm just saying State doesnt provide any kind of advantage that Tenn, Fla, Candy, SC, UPig dont have. So lateral moves at best are unlikely. Could we pull the guy from Campbell? absolutely. We provide an advantage he doesnt currently have.

While football and baseball are different- alot of it remains the same. Guys are very unlikely to make lateral moves. And while too many of our fans think we are a top 5 program in baseball- in all reality we arent. We are a Top 20 program. Would it be best for Lemon to work out? Absolutely. If he doesnt? We'll hire a pretty good coach to replace him. But the idiocy of pulling a Vitello or someone like that is straight delusion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    I hear you and nothing you said is incorrect. I'm just saying State doesnt provide any kind of advantage that Tenn, Fla, Candy, SC, UPig dont have. So lateral moves at best are unlikely. Could we pull the guy from Campbell? absolutely. We provide an advantage he doesnt currently have.

While football and baseball are different- alot of it remains the same. Guys are very unlikely to make lateral moves. And while too many of our fans think we are a top 5 program in baseball- in all reality we arent. We are a Top 20 program. Would it be best for Lemon to work out? Absolutely. If he doesnt? We'll hire a pretty good coach to replace him. But the idiocy of pulling a Vitello or someone like that is straight delusion.
    And I totally agree with what you are saying. I do think there are way more "better" coaches for baseball and even basketball now days. I don't think any Sec Coach is gonna move to another Sec program unless maybe Lsu and that can be iffy. I don't see us getting Tn's coach either. What little I know about the Campbell Coach, seems like he would be a good fit one day.

vCash
    And I totally agree with what you are saying. I do think there are way more "better" coaches for baseball and even basketball now days. I don't think any Sec Coach is gonna move to another Sec program unless maybe Lsu and that can be iffy. I don't see us getting Tn's coach either. What little I know about the Campbell Coach, seems like he would be a good fit one day.
    We are in better shape in baseball vs football or basketball. I don't think we will throw enough money at Vitello to get him to Starkville. Better chance getting someone from a school like Campbell or pulling a Northern coach like from Notre Dame or Michigan.

It needs to be someone that has proven they can elevate a program. Lemonis at best just maintained Indiana. He didn't improve the program.

He has come here and treaded water for a few years until all the previous players worked out of the program and now we fell off a cliff.