vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    This is what I dont get.

We dive after balls
    We hustle
    We are swinging the bat- not just standing there taking pitches
    Pitchers are competing and pounding the zone much better than last year

Where are we not playing hard?
    No swag, no fire, lack of leadership, I don't see the old baseball "tradition" I'm use to seeing in players! No excitement but when a team is on a long losing streak they except losing more often than not. Surly 34 since you are a Coach you understand what I'm saying. I'm for giving Lemonis a chance to turn this thing around, but he better be making some changes quickly. But it looks pretty bad right now. I'm pulling for this team to win, I'm just not happy with what I'm seeing and I am not sugar coating the truth. Oh, I understand in baseball sometimes the better team doesn't win, but losing like we did to open the season makes me wonder that maybe we were not the better team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    No swag, no fire, lack of leadership, I don't see the old baseball "tradition" I'm use to seeing in players! No excitement but when a team is on a long losing streak they except losing more often than not. Surly 34 since you are a Coach you understand what I'm saying. I'm for giving Lemonis a chance to turn this thing around, but he better be making some changes quickly. But it looks pretty bad right now. I'm pulling for this team to win, I'm just not happy with what I'm seeing and I am not sugar coating the truth. Oh, I understand in baseball sometimes the better team doesn't win, but losing like we did to open the season makes me wonder that maybe we were not the better team.
    I see that we may be missing leadership/passion. But we are playing hard. Looks like a real lack of confidence
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    I see that we may be missing leadership/passion. But we are playing hard. Looks like a real lack of confidence
    And that's why we need a need coach. They don't have confidence in themselves or their coach...at least that's what I see.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgs87 View Post
    Strongly disagree. If Vitello was at State competing and winning the SEC, hosting Supers, and going to Omaha then nobody would say shit about his perceived unprofessional behavior.

Let's be honest.... Winning fixes everything.
    We have not traditionally had the administration with the sack to pull off a move like that. Maybe Byrne, if he had stuck around, would be willing to go against the MSU norm and hire an asshole. But definitely not LT, Loafers or Cohen.

Hell. LT would have been pacing the floor of the Hump with his face burning red with all of those “wife beater” chants. Our ADs have been some gutless SOBs. Now is the time for Selmon to show that he’s not one of those

vCash
    Yep - should have fired him Thursday morning

vCash
    The players have quit. All you have to do is look at their approach to the plate. They DGAS.

vCash
    More like a real lack of talent. How many players do we have would start for Arkansas, LSU or Florida? Thats on Lemonis and GoThreaux.

vCash
    Do the players actually give a damn about this season. Seriously they are hitting like they have been only playing jr high baseball. I don?t ever recall a State team throwing and hitting runners in the base path thus allowing the runner to make the base twice in one game. Really bad. I also do not understand the evaluations of players recruits transfers. The players Lemon have brought in are NOT good players except for a couple. And definitely not M over S standards and capable of competing in the SEC the best conference in this country.

vCash
    Croach say we have talent and a lot of draft picks which equals success.......
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    More like a real lack of talent. How many players do we have would start for Arkansas, LSU or Florida? Thats on Lemonis and GoThreaux.
    What the problem is right now has nothing to do with talent unless you think GA Southern, Air Force, and the Pee are all out recruiting us. We are getting pushed around at our house by lesser players and teams. One offs I get but we look like our football team playing Bama every day.

vCash
    Have to fire him after this weekend. It is over.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    Croach say we have talent and a lot of draft picks which equals success.......
    I doubt any of our so called draft picks make it past Double A. In fact, our 2 studs in the middle of the batting order both could have played the Role of Beau Gentry in Clint Eastwood's movie "Trouble With The Curve"!

vCash
    Hujusak can't hit a curve either.......it's painful to watch.......
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randolph Dupree View Post
    And that's why we need a need coach. They don't have confidence in themselves or their coach...at least that's what I see.
    Yet he constantly ripped a 9 win football coach ad nauseam. Bringing up stats and past history to argue his point. Somehow none of that matters with Lemon.
    MSU = Check Collectors

vCash
    If you were playing for a coach that finish dead last or 2nd to last in the conference the past 2 years, you would t have any confidence either.

Almost like Lemo isn't a good coach and should have been gone last year.

Like you say THIS (year 6) is the year he should put up or be gone. I think it was last year. Year 5-especially in the Portal era- os PLENTY of time to fix any roster issues the last staff gave you. Especially after the disaster of the '22 season, he should have been fired after '23

vCash
    He has the season but the replacement search has started

vCash
    Yeah it?s time. I was optimistic after AF weekend but clear whatever funk was the past 2 years is still here

vCash
    so, does Selmon can him if he loses today or just let him go monday morning, regardless?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    He has the season but the replacement search has started
    It's been started for almost a year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DEDawg View Post
    Yeah it?s time. I was optimistic after AF weekend but clear whatever funk was the past 2 years is still here
    The funk is now a full-blown terminal illness