Again, our baseball program will still be decent yearly but if we want to compete at a championship level regularly we are going to have to come out of pocket on NIL as well. It's touching baseball just as much as it is football in different ways. LSU bought their NC last year. Florida State bought several transfers this year. Georgia is starting to buy guys and will be really solid in the near future. Alabama is about to be really solid in the near future if not this year.

We have an easier path in baseball than any other sport on campus but we are going to have to pay for top end talent especially top end arm talent transferring from mid majors. You either have to pay a projected 2nd-5th round high school kid a couple hundred k or go and buy some sophomore/Junior arms that are at mid majors and were either overlooked or late bloomers that blow up.

I don't care how nice our stadium is, there isn't a ton of difference to players in Alex Box, Swayze, Dudy Noble, Baum-Walker etc. If they are SEC talent the atmosphere we provide won't overcome getting paid a few hundred thousand for a couple of years. Most of the guys we need to add are premium arms and they call for a premium price whether its the draft or going to college. Sure we can hit on a few project guys that are really projectable but don't know how to pitch yet and they may pay off for us in year 2 or 3 but we've got to get arms that can help us now and are bumping up on being elite college level talent. If you don't want to go that route you have to go get guys that have average to a tick above average college stuff that throw strikes and mash the baseball offensively.

I haven't posted much in a while because there is simply one answer we need more $$. I hate this is where college sports are going but all of those schools above bring in so much more than we do its not even funny.