Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OT I have to spend 4 days at the Redstone Arsenal in Huntsville Where are some good

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Walkerhill View Post
    On the south side of town there is a nice, locally owned place called Nic?s Ristorante that has pretty good steaks. Depends on where you are staying, That is a longish drive from Research Park/Madison side.
    Yea ... I was thinking I might've heard about one down there somewhere. Only time I go down there these days is when I shoot pool at Chips & Salsa.

The Madison side is one reason I mentioned the places I did. Convenient and really good food IMO.

ETA: West End Grill is a really good place to eat too. Never ate their steaks tho. It right there on Old Madison Pike across the bridge from Bridge Street going towards Huntsville.

As a side note. Back in '88 or so, I was at a cookout and played volleyball with a church group at the farm (good sized farm) that was where Bridge Street is today. The ran a good many head of cattle out there. Personally, I wish the farm was still there myself.
    Last edited by dawgday166; 01-23-2024 at 01:12 AM.

vCash
    How has Noone from Huntsville mentioned the PoBoy Factory Cajun restaurant off of Andrew Jackson Dr. We lived up there for 5 years and ate there often. To me it's by far the best Cajun restaurant in huntsville.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WCUdawg88 View Post
    How has Noone from Huntsville mentioned the PoBoy Factory Cajun restaurant off of Andrew Jackson Dr. We lived up there for 5 years and ate there often. To me it's by far the best Cajun restaurant in huntsville.
    I ate there many years ago but don't make it up there much now. I dunno if I remember it being better than Tim's tho. Tim's is pretty darn good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WCUdawg88 View Post
    I believe PoBoys is permanently closed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    Yea ... I was thinking I might've heard about one down there somewhere. Only time I go down there these days is when I shoot pool at Chips & Salsa.

The Madison side is one reason I mentioned the places I did. Convenient and really good food IMO.

ETA: West End Grill is a really good place to eat too. Never ate their steaks tho. It right there on Old Madison Pike across the bridge from Bridge Street going towards Huntsville.

As a side note. Back in '88 or so, I was at a cookout and played volleyball with a church group at the farm (good sized farm) that was where Bridge Street is today. The ran a good many head of cattle out there. Personally, I wish the farm was still there myself.
    West End Grill is really good for lunch. I've never been there for dinner. It's in the NE quadrant of Research Park Blvd (Rideout Rd)/565 in a small strip center. The pizza place next door is good too (Venice Pizza). I like Rosie's on University Drive for TexMex. And in MidCity there are several places - Wahlberger's, Dave & Busters. Rhythm downtown next door to the Mars Music Hall in the VBC is supposed to be pretty good but I've never been there. In Providence, there's Mellow Mushroom (not great) and a Vietnamese place called Phuket that was really good last time I was there.

vCash
    all these great suggestions and my wife wanted Papa Johns....go figure....sushi tomorrow though. thanks to all!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    I believe PoBoys is permanently closed.
    Oh man did not know that. We moved back to ms in 2020. That is sad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    all these great suggestions and my wife wanted Papa Johns....go figure....sushi tomorrow though. thanks to all!
    If you're not opposed to the drive, Yoshi Sushi Fusion in Owens Crossroads is excellent. The new place on Airport Rd is pretty good too.