Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lebby recruiting

Banned
    vCash

Lebby recruiting

Lebby is working harder than any coach we have ever had recruiting this 2025 and beyond class. He is getting us in The conversation with some outstanding players.

vCash
    Have we had a HC in recent memory that attacked recruiting this hard? Maybe Jackie, but none since him that were putting in this kind of effort.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Have we had a HC in recent memory that attacked recruiting this hard? Maybe Jackie, but none since him that were putting in this kind of effort.
    Nope.

vCash
    I would say of our recent HCs, Moorhead would be the one that attacked recruiting pretty hard. Moorhead seemed to do a lot of hands on recruiting during the whole process. Even Jackie tended just to come in to close recruits. I think if Moorhead had better leadership skills to actually manage a program he would have done pretty well on the recruiting front. But Lebby seems to be next level.

vCash
    Yup... but if you only judged this by looking at other boards you'd think he was a scrub at recruiting..

vCash
    Moorhead loved recruiting and was pretty good at it. He just sucked as a head coach.

We won 9 games in 2022 with a lot of players Moorhead recruited.

Lebby seems to be another hands-on recruiter. He should be a better coach though

vCash
    Maybe Jackie but I'm thinking that Lebby will end up potentially being better.

As crazy as it sounds and this was a little before my time but I remember Felker was considered a really good recruiter. I'm not sure how good so I might be off there because it was before my time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Maybe Jackie but I'm thinking that Lebby will end up potentially being better.

As crazy as it sounds and this was a little before my time but I remember Felker was considered a really good recruiter. I'm not sure how good so I might be off there because it was before my time.
    Rockey was an excellent recruiter. His recruits were the foundation for Jackie's first few years and were very good. Rockey just wasn't a good coach.

vCash
    Rockey was an excellent recruiter. His recruits were the foundation for Jackie's first few years and were very good. Rockey just wasn't a good coach.
    Yeah! I remember people saying that all the time pre-Internet. Jackie was definitely able to win his first two years with his players. Really had a lot of close losses in 1991- Alabama and Tennessee came down to the wire and losing to Memphis was pretty fluky. They literally busted a fullback dive for like 50 yards for a TD. Not sure how that happens. LOL.

vCash
    Yeah! I remember people saying that all the time pre-Internet. Jackie was definitely able to win his first two years with his players. Really had a lot of close losses in 1991- Alabama and Tennessee came down to the wire and losing to Memphis was pretty fluky. They literally busted a fullback dive for like 50 yards for a TD. Not sure how that happens. LOL.
    My uncle is huge om booster and I remember him telling me that Jackie wouldn't win because he couldn't recruit like Rockey lol!

vCash
    My uncle is huge om booster and I remember him telling me that Jackie wouldn't win because he couldn't recruit like Rockey lol!
    He was quite mistaken! LOL.

vCash
    Jackie's coaches were the recruiters he was a closer like Saban. I remember Lee Corso said what held us back from going next level was our QB recruitment.

vCash
    Yall said this last year about Arnett?

vCash
    As bad as jomo was he busted it recruiting. It wasn't for a lack of effort. He worked at it as hard as possible. The two he was sandwiched between not so much. With that said, the results weren't all that different. And don't know if Joni's evals were that good either.

Banned
    vCash
    Arnett used Mason Miller and others to lock down that class. Then he fired everyone. If he had kept them all, he would still be our coach today.

vCash
    He was quite mistaken! LOL.
    Yes he was and I laughed at him when he said it!

vCash

Relentless

Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Lebby is working harder than any coach we have ever had recruiting this 2025 and beyond class. He is getting us in The conversation with some outstanding players.
    Effort

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BankerDog View Post
    Yall said this last year about Arnett?
    No. Arnett did nothing compared to this level that Lebby is hustling.

vCash
    Lebby has alot more money at his disposal than Arnett did.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Lebby also isn't strangled by the boys club of Friend, Peterson and Campbell doing the bidding of the Old Money Coffee Club who meets with <THE BUS DRIVER> at the local Breakfast Diner of Choice to strategize.