PDA

View Full Version : Can Missouri beat Ohio State?

RocketDawg
12-29-2023, 07:54 PM
We shall see.

RocketDawg
12-29-2023, 08:14 PM
The AT&T Stadium staff have some work ahead of them to change the field before the Cowboys game tomorrow night.

Dawgology
12-29-2023, 08:44 PM
Well. Looks like Ohio States about to play their 3rd string QB if they can’t get Brown taped up.

Bdawg
12-29-2023, 09:35 PM
This game sucks

msstate7
12-29-2023, 09:37 PM
Missouri offense pretty much full strength, right? Ohio st's D dismantling them has me thinking Michigan has a better shot than I thought

RocketDawg
12-29-2023, 09:39 PM
Was hoping we'd see a 65-yard field goal, but Missouri screwed up and moved.

RocketDawg
12-29-2023, 09:42 PM
This game sucks

It was almost a 3-2 game a few minutes ago. That score sound familiar?

I don't keep up with portal transfers, but did the announcer say that the Ohio State starting QB transferred to Syracuse? Why would he do that? OSU is a much more prestigious football school.

Dawgology
12-29-2023, 09:52 PM
Regardless of what anyone says the SEC was down this year.

Bdawg
12-29-2023, 09:53 PM
It was almost a 3-2 game a few minutes ago. That score sound familiar?

I don't keep up with portal transfers, but did the announcer say that the Ohio State starting QB transferred to Syracuse? Why would he do that? OSU is a much more prestigious football school.

Too familiar!! I think that is what he said. I’m just so put out with the portal. Who knows what these players are thinking!

Bdawg
12-29-2023, 09:54 PM
Was hoping we'd see a 65-yard field goal, but Missouri screwed up and moved.

Bad coaching. Delay of game. Would have been the highlight of the game so far. Really wanted to see it too!

RocketDawg
12-29-2023, 10:15 PM
I don't like the portal or NIL (what it's devolved into), but at least they could delay portal transfers until after the bowl games. When scholarships are handed out, maybe one condition might be to complete the season, including bowls.

lastmajordog
12-29-2023, 10:20 PM
DEL

LC Dawg
12-29-2023, 10:21 PM
Missouri offense pretty much full strength, right? Ohio st's D dismantling them has me thinking Michigan has a better shot than I thought

I think Michigan has a great shot. Their defense is legit and they have a good quarterback.
I may be a little biased due to my Bama hatred but MI is a good team.

DeputyDawg94
12-29-2023, 10:34 PM
I don't like the portal or NIL (what it's devolved into), but at least they could delay portal transfers until after the bowl games. When scholarships are handed out, maybe one condition might be to complete the season, including bowls.

Yep. If you get $1 of NIL you have to play the whole season. Doesn’t matter if it’s 12 or 15 games. If not you don’t get the $$$. Injuries not included on this.

RocketDawg
12-29-2023, 11:05 PM
Nice drive by Missouri and it likely has won them the game. Could be Ohio State's defense is worn down. They've been on the field a long time.

confucius say
12-29-2023, 11:06 PM
Ohio state is without a qb and its best player in Harrison. Mizzou better win

parabrave
12-29-2023, 11:12 PM

Unless they pull a Stoopie they should.

HoopsDawg
12-29-2023, 11:20 PM

I'm sure Arizona would have won by a much larger margin. *****

TALL DAWG
12-29-2023, 11:28 PM
I?d say yes Mizzo can beat OSU?.:)

coachnorm
12-29-2023, 11:38 PM

I am on board with the post and believe that the NIL or opt outs could be mitigated a little by shortening to season by getting rid of bye weeks and starting the post season a week earlier. Starting the play offs earlier can help a little especially with some players prepping for NFL combines.

SPMT
12-29-2023, 11:54 PM
I think Michigan has a great shot. Their defense is legit and they have a good quarterback.
I may be a little biased due to my Bama hatred but MI is a good team.

After watching this game, I think Bama skull17s Michigan.

msstate7
12-30-2023, 12:01 AM
After watching this game, I think Bama skull17s Michigan.

Maybe. Mizzou avg'd 35.9 a game in sec games this year. Ohio st basically shut their offense down until they gave out bc of no help at all from the offense. If Ohio st's qb played, I think they win by 2 tds

SPMT
12-30-2023, 12:18 AM
Maybe. Mizzou avg'd 35.9 a game in sec games this year. Ohio st basically shut their offense down until they gave out bc of no help at all from the offense. If Ohio st's qb played, I think they win by 2 tds

Yeah. I didn?t feel confident about Bama beating Michigan. Now I do. Not sure why, but for some reason I do now. No real reason even though I referenced that abhorrent game tonight. They play very well as underdogs. Big time chip on shoulder program.

Offshore Dawg
12-30-2023, 08:18 AM
Yeah. I didn?t feel confident about Bama beating Michigan. Now I do. Not sure why, but for some reason I do now. No real reason even though I referenced that abhorrent game tonight. They play very well as underdogs. Big time chip on shoulder program.

Yep, they have gone a whole two years without a national championship in football. Oh the horrors and shame !!!

Pancho
12-30-2023, 08:19 AM
saban has had a month to prepare for the sign stealer

Bdawg
12-30-2023, 09:02 AM

Would make for a better experience for the fans who spend a lot of money to go support their team, only to see a shell of it come bowl time and get beat.

R2Dawg
12-30-2023, 09:13 AM

Me either. They should at minimum pro-rate NIL on games played. Ridiculous. So I may not show up to work next week for no reason and I expect to get paid? We are one screwed up society/culture and growing more every day.

msstate7
12-30-2023, 11:09 AM
saban has had a month to prepare for the sign stealer

The last time he had a bama team at this level in the playoffs was 2014, and a big 10 team beat them. I sorta expect Bama to win, but I really hope I'm wrong

coachnorm
12-30-2023, 11:36 AM
Would make for a better experience for the fans who spend a lot of money to go support their team, only to see a shell of it come bowl time and get beat.

As I posted, college football needs to compress the 12-game schedule by removing the bye week to help out matters. This gets more post season games before the transfer portal opens. I personally relish the regular season as more important than the post season and removal of bye weeks is perfectly ok because the regular season will not be affected by the portal transfers. And again, compression will limit the portal window exposure for some of the post season.

coachnorm
12-30-2023, 11:46 AM
Me either. They should at minimum pro-rate NIL on games played. Ridiculous. So I may not show up to work next week for no reason and I expect to get paid? We are one screwed up society/culture and growing more every day.

When fellow elitedoggers say THEY do the elitedoggers even understand who THEY are. Are THEY a collective or independent businesses outside the scope of in-house college managements? How can any governance even get into prorating NIL disbursements when NIL has so much potential for diversity of business models? Also, THEY whoever THEY are could be seen unclean once their actions are litigated with the SCOUS past rulings.

You say we are one screwed up society with players getting considerations denied in the past. Maybe if others that benefitted from the plantation labor gave up a pittance of monetary considerations, this evolution would not have evolved?

HoopsDawg
12-30-2023, 01:41 PM
As I posted, college football needs to compress the 12-game schedule by removing the bye week to help out matters. This gets more post season games before the transfer portal opens. I personally relish the regular season as more important than the post season and removal of bye weeks is perfectly ok because the regular season will not be affected by the portal transfers. And again, compression will limit the portal window exposure for some of the post season.

It's going to be annoying watching conference championship games next season when it should be the first round of a 16 team playoff.