PDA

View Full Version : Pounders Speaks Out

confucius say
12-29-2023, 12:36 PM
I can't read it, but it appears from Feldman's comments on Twitter that pounders had some things to say about how he was treated by Lane. Anybody got a subscription to the athletic?

https://theathletic.com/5166227/2023/12/29/makylan-pounders-transfer-jeff-lebby-mississippi-state-ole-miss/

Todd4State
12-29-2023, 01:10 PM
I'll summarize. Everyone on Ole Miss's staff wanted Pounders except for one guy. Insinuates that the one guy was Kiffin. Ole Miss didn't tell Pounders he was being dropped. Just didn't send him paperwork.

Pounders felt like he had burned bridges at MSU and didn't contact staff. Memphis had stayed on him throughout process.

Lebby apologized and mended fences on recruiting visit and now he is going to be at MSU.

BeardoMSU
12-29-2023, 01:29 PM
I'll summarize. Everyone on Ole Miss's staff wanted Pounders except for one guy. Insinuates that the one guy was Kiffin. Ole Miss didn't tell Pounders he was being dropped. Just didn't send him paperwork.

Pounders felt like he had burned bridges at MSU and didn't contact staff. Memphis had stayed on him throughout process.

Lebby apologized and mended fences on recruiting visit and now he is going to be at MSU.

Wow. Bitch moves by Lane.

Catfish
12-29-2023, 01:34 PM

Kudos to Lebby too. Its not easy bringing someone back.

StarkVegasSteve
12-29-2023, 01:45 PM
He kept the specifics between him and Lebby, but basically said everyone on their staff wanted him there except one person. I think you can guess who that was. Also said he had moved past it and did not let it bother him anymore.

KOdawg1
12-29-2023, 02:01 PM
If you like reading articles and sports stories, the Athletic has a deal for $1 a month for the next year. Pretty good deal

BorneDawg
12-29-2023, 02:19 PM
If you like reading articles and sports stories, the Athletic has a deal for $1 a month for the next year. Pretty good deal

Good deal but do they have good articles or are they like the Clarion ledger

StarkVegasSteve
12-29-2023, 03:57 PM

They have pretty good articles. Enough to justify the small amount you have to pay. They have some good writers with them now too.

Todd4State
12-29-2023, 06:48 PM

The Clarion-Ledger isn't even on their planet.

MagicDawg
12-29-2023, 10:09 PM
FYI - Archive.ph is a useful web site.
https://archive.ph/eehZI

Pancho
12-30-2023, 07:36 AM
Does Pounders have 2 years of eligibility remaining?

starkvegasdawg
12-30-2023, 08:07 AM
Wow. Bitch moves by Lane.

In my best State Farm commercial voice...Well he's a bitch so...

Pancho
12-30-2023, 08:18 AM
This was before lame quit the bottle and settled down with the older more mature GF............

Bdawg
12-30-2023, 09:19 AM
FYI - Archive.ph is a useful web site.
https://archive.ph/eehZI

Like the last paragraph. Always like having guys who have a little some extra to play for in the egg. Hope he stays healthy and gets that opportunity.

PGHBulldogBG
12-30-2023, 10:42 AM
Good job by Lebby for getting him back on board. So far I am pleased with the staff and players he got together. He was by no means my first choice, but he is growing on me and so far he has done about the best I could ask

Todd4State
12-30-2023, 11:27 AM
Does Pounders have 2 years of eligibility remaining?

I believe that's correct.

BuckyIsAB****
12-30-2023, 11:46 AM
I am not saying what Kiffin did to the kid isnt wrong, and I do think Pounders being a HS at the time changes it a little. But I have 0 empathy for these kids complaining about how hard they have it or they were done wrong. There is no one who is getting railed by this system harder than the folks who buy tickets and here?s a fact, they care a HELL of a lot more about the school winning and losing than the players do

Todd4State
12-30-2023, 12:00 PM
I am not saying what Kiffin did to the kid isnt wrong, and I do think Pounders being a HS at the time changes it a little. But I have 0 empathy for these kids complaining about how hard they have it or they were done wrong. There is no one who is getting railed by this system harder than the folks who buy tickets and here?s a fact, they care a HELL of a lot more about the school winning and losing than the players do

I was always laugh at people who say "well the players care more about winning than you ever will!"

Like how do you quantify that? Because someone is more athletic than I am it means they automatically care more? If anything they're more likely to be burned out on the sport.

BuckyIsAB****
12-30-2023, 12:11 PM
I was always laugh at people who say "well the players care more about winning than you ever will!"

Like how do you quantify that? Because someone is more athletic than I am it means they automatically care more? If anything they're more likely to be burned out on the sport.

Some of them do care more. But they are all seeing this garbage promoted on social media and they want a piece. The ones who are getting railed out the next most are current HS kids that arent 6?2 250.

maroonmania
12-30-2023, 01:13 PM
Whatever, Pounders still doesn't address the elephant in the room about why he reneged on his commitment to come to State in the first place. If you aren't willing to honor your own commitments I really don't see how you have a right to be upset when someone else doesn't honor a commitment to you.

BuckyIsAB****
12-30-2023, 01:28 PM
Whatever, Pounders still doesn't address the elephant in the room about why he reneged on his commitment to come to State in the first place. If you aren't willing to honor your own commitments I really don't see how you have a right to be upset when someone else doesn't honor a commitment to you.

But that would mean we have to hold kids accountable and make them be responsible for their own actions. We dont want that.

Todd4State
12-30-2023, 02:55 PM

He's probably trying to avoid a Leo Lewis situation.

LC Dawg
12-30-2023, 07:44 PM
No one outside of Mississippi State cares about this. Kiffin just won his 11th game of the season and is one of the darlings of college football. The real loser in all of it is Memphis who provided a spot for Pounders when he didn't have many options and now he leaves them.
Welcome to the new college football.

msstate7
12-30-2023, 07:46 PM
No one outside of Mississippi State cares about this. Kiffin just won his 11th game of the season and is one of the darlings of college football. The real loser in all of it is Memphis who provided a spot for Pounders when he didn't have many options and now he leaves them.
Welcome to the new college football.

That's a sobering thought

Lance Harbor
12-30-2023, 07:55 PM
Did he quit the bottle?

Pancho
12-30-2023, 09:36 PM
Lame did

Coach34
12-30-2023, 09:51 PM
**** Pounders

Keep working the portal

Coach34
12-30-2023, 09:52 PM
Lame did

I dont believe that. He may be hanging at home more instead of in the bars

Pancho
12-30-2023, 10:01 PM
he has a steady lady and she has opened him up to being sober as well as the bible in her spare time..........