PDA

View Full Version : Troy WR Jabre Barber in the Portal

confucius say
12-27-2023, 01:58 PM
Zenitz says us, Kansas state, and sparty are expected to get visits.
75 receptions, 999 yards, 5 TD this year.

Leeshouldveflanked
12-27-2023, 02:32 PM
Is he an edge rusher or DB? We need some of those

parabrave
12-27-2023, 02:38 PM

Any extra Linemen both D and O. Take a fast defender.

Todd4State
12-27-2023, 03:36 PM

We need all the help we can get. The "we already have this and we need that" mentality has hurt us in the past. Take the best players you can and make it work.

MetEdDawg
12-27-2023, 03:40 PM
Our staff obviously does not feel very good about our returning ability at the WR position at all next year.

I would expect at least one freshman to play, possibly two. Creed, the UTEP transfer, Robinson, then who else as a returning WR?

I think we go after two more portal WRs.

confucius say
12-27-2023, 03:58 PM
Watching some of these bowl games has shown me just how talent deficient we were at WR. The guys UNLV has are far superior to what we have.

Lord McBuckethead
12-27-2023, 05:50 PM
Well yeah. Even out two ?best? WRs didn?t really pose much threat. Outside the South Carolina game, what did Tulu do? Seems like the last staff refused to run him down the field.

KOdawg1
12-27-2023, 08:58 PM
Kelly A. + Barber would be two very solid WR adds.

Both would likely start and give you two playmakers. Hope we can get Barber's first visit and shut it down then.

Turfdawg67
12-27-2023, 09:32 PM
Well yeah. Even out two ?best? WRs didn?t really pose much threat. Outside the South Carolina game, what did Tulu do? Seems like the last staff refused to run him down the field.

OT... you have 10,000+ posts, but still have all these "?" throughout your posts... c'mon man. Fix that.

ZedFedder
12-27-2023, 10:47 PM
OT... you have 10,000+ posts, but still have all these "?" throughout your posts... c'mon man. Fix that.

How do you fix it?

Todd4State
12-28-2023, 03:05 AM

That whole offense was a mess. I can't tell you how many times we would run a pass play on third down and only send one guy beyond the first down marker.

Of course the entire ballpark knows we're going to pass after running up the middle two times for two yards. Except for the times we ran it on third and long up the middle and that was just infuriating. At least when Dan would run the QB up the middle on third and long it was either Dak or Fitz so there was actually a small chance it would actually work.

R2Dawg
12-28-2023, 08:54 PM
That whole offense was a mess. I can't tell you how many times we would run a pass play on third down and only send one guy beyond the first down marker.

Of course the entire ballpark knows we're going to pass after running up the middle two times for two yards. Except for the times we ran it on third and long up the middle and that was just infuriating. At least when Dan would run the QB up the middle on third and long it was either Dak or Fitz so there was actually a small chance it would actually work.

We done this for 4 years now.

BuckyIsAB****
12-28-2023, 10:26 PM
Hahhahaha