PDA

View Full Version : Michael Van Buren is the steal of this class IMO. He was originally the #2 QB in the

99jc
12-25-2023, 10:48 AM
country. And a 5 star recruit. this video breaks him down and states he is good enough to start for us next fall as a freshman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMZhpz6uPZA&t=48s

msstate7
12-25-2023, 10:50 AM
What happened with Oregon? The rank drop seems fishy, but I do wonder if he was dropped

99jc
12-25-2023, 10:53 AM
Diilion Gabriel went to Oregon

TrapGame
12-25-2023, 11:39 AM
Van Buren is the real deal. He will be one of the best QBs we've ever had. He could our next Dak.

AlSwearengen
12-25-2023, 11:52 AM
I heard a “recruiting guy” on the cross/hadad/borky show a couple weeks ago say that he didn’t have a good senior season but there is talent to work with. They didn’t go into his recruitment or his situation with Oregon.

PGHBulldogBG
12-25-2023, 12:26 PM
I heard a “recruiting guy” on the cross/hadad/borky show a couple weeks ago say that he didn’t have a good senior season but there is talent to work with. They didn’t go into his recruitment or his situation with Oregon.

Yea his senior year was not as good but he still had some good numbers. He is still a really good pick up and hopefully the coaches can work with him to get him back to where he was before the senior year slide

MaroonFlounder
12-25-2023, 04:05 PM
His ranking went south with a drop off in SR production and the fact that he is under 6 ft tall height-wise.

maroonmania
12-25-2023, 04:29 PM
On3 dropped him considerably once he committed to us so that was indeed a big factor. I know this because I heard SR defending why he dropped in the composite and him saying that the 247 ranking didn't really change. The other factor was that his senior year wasn't as good. As far as height he's pretty close to the same size as Dillon Gabriel so I don't think Lebby has any concerns about that.

preachermatt83
12-25-2023, 05:07 PM
He very well may end up being the best qb we have ever had. He has that kind of potential.

Pancho
12-25-2023, 05:32 PM
this

99jc
12-25-2023, 05:40 PM
His ranking went south with a drop off in SR production and the fact that he is under 6 ft tall height-wise.

he was under 6' when he was originally a 5 star so the height factor dos does not hold water to me.

Lord McBuckethead
12-25-2023, 07:07 PM
he was under 6' when he was originally a 5 star so the height factor dos does not hold water to me.

Nope, he was 6-2 earlier. Now 5-5.

Coach34
12-25-2023, 07:10 PM
We got to start Crootin the trenches harder for any QB to reach their potential

NCMSTFAN
12-25-2023, 07:13 PM
Sorry if it's been answered already but what's going on with Chris Parson and Mike Wright? Are they staying? Parson in particular

Dawgface
12-25-2023, 10:01 PM
Will he be able to enroll in January?

Homedawg
12-25-2023, 10:11 PM
Diilion Gabriel went to Oregon

I think he had already de- committed prior to Gabriel saying he was going to Oregon.

Cowbell
12-25-2023, 11:11 PM
I think he had already de- committed prior to Gabriel saying he was going to Oregon.
Correct

Pancho
12-26-2023, 07:41 AM
Sorry if it's been answered already but what's going on with Chris Parson and Mike Wright? Are they staying? Parson in particular

Yes, Parson is currently staying. He has the skill set to thrive in a Lebby offense.

Bothrops
12-26-2023, 08:43 PM
Van Buren signed with Mississippi State. Therefore, his ranking will plummet again next update. We still have fans that try to give other excuses, SMH.

Todd4State
12-27-2023, 01:03 AM
We got to start Crootin the trenches harder for any QB to reach their potential

Jimothy Lewis might have been the top player in the state had he not gone to IMG. Luke Work and Terrance Hibbler are Army AA's. Malik Ellis is going to be a good OT. I agree we need to keep doing work to add to those players but I don't think we're in bad shape there either.

Todd4State
12-27-2023, 01:04 AM
Yes, Parson is currently staying. He has the skill set to thrive in a Lebby offense.

I really, really like Parson a lot. He's going to kill it with the skill players we're adding.

NWADAWG
12-27-2023, 09:52 AM
I really, really like Parson a lot. He's going to kill it with the skill players we're adding.

For those close to the program, Parson looked like a great athlete but pretty lost and slow on his reads when he played this last season. I'm sure some of that is being a true freshmen with few reps but he looked further behind than I would have expected based on the hype. Was that him still having some development to do or was that all the trash system our former OC brought in?

AlSwearengen
12-27-2023, 11:20 AM
For those close to the program, Parson looked like a great athlete but pretty lost and slow on his reads when he played this last season. I'm sure some of that is being a true freshmen with few reps but he looked further behind than I would have expected based on the hype. Was that him still having some development to do or was that all the trash system our former OC brought in?

apparently the whole team was lost this past season, so.

99jc
12-27-2023, 11:25 AM
apparently the whole team was lost this past season, so.

he only played really part of 1 game and what did any expect being trained by Barbay the idiot and Arnett the hardheaded! Parson is dang good you will see! With Lebby's development he will make great strides. As long as Lebby is here you will never see a Mike Wright no arm talent or Will Rogers a slow foot mule type again! We are in the age of dual threat QBs now and we have a coach that knows offense.

ZedFedder
12-27-2023, 11:52 AM
I?m interested to see what Lebby may cook up with Mike Wright. Mike has a skill set that can be used, and I think Lebby can figure it out.

calidawg
12-27-2023, 06:18 PM
I?m interested to see what Lebby may cook up with Mike Wright. Mike has a skill set that can be used, and I think Lebby can figure it out.

Pass.. done with any form of 2 qb system

CaptainObvious
12-27-2023, 06:40 PM
Our 3 QBs will be
Shapen
Parson
Van Buren

There is no room for Wright at QB.

He will be in the RB/HB rotation this spring.

Cowbell
12-27-2023, 07:13 PM
I don't understand what some of y'all expect from a true freshman qb in a terrible system with little talent around him. They only succeed year one if they are in a proven system with proven talent

lastmajordog
12-27-2023, 08:26 PM
Van Buren is the real deal. He will be one of the best QBs we've ever had. He could our next Dak.

Just thinking how great Dave Marler could have been with Dak's team.....probably could have had a chance with Bama...I don't think most of you young fellas realize how great he was...The DOGS have had so much talent off and on through the years never being to put it together. The year watching Felker run Don Smith into the mud hole at Jackson or JWS run a back up tailback into a goal line fence at om or forgetting the TE the last three quarters at Davis Wade to just go into a prevent Joe Lee Dunn defense only to watch a one legged Matt Luke center march downfield for the winning score......... It just makes me sick

Coach34
12-27-2023, 08:32 PM
I don't understand what some of y'all expect from a true freshman qb in a terrible system with little talent around him.

Terrible system
Barbay sux

The guy got scooped up by immediately Fritz- who many wanted to be our next HC- and is still a P5 OC. I have a feeling 2024 is going to show Barbay is better than many here thought and that the problem was our players.

Add in Friend to WK as OC to replace Hollingshead- you would think some of you might wonder if coaches see and know more than some of you.

An offense in 2023 the QB's and WR's hated and sabotaged is not a valid eval. Thats why these guys are getting good jobs

Turfdawg67
12-27-2023, 08:52 PM
Terrible system
Barbay sux

The guy got scooped up by immediately Fritz- who many wanted to be our next HC- and is still a P5 OC. I have a feeling 2024 is going to show Barbay is better than many here thought and that the problem was our players.

Add in Friend to WK as OC to replace Hollingshead- you would think some of you might wonder if coaches see and know more than some of you.

An offense in 2023 the QB's and WR's hated and sabotaged is not a valid eval. Thats why these guys are getting good jobs

Retreads always get another job... for a while. Not to get bogged down in the (continual) agenda... but 2022 was a horrible, horrible coaching and offensive effort. And EVERYONE, but a couple folks know it. Lolz!

NCMSTFAN
12-27-2023, 09:08 PM
Wright can help us in other areas, we don't need him at QB. He is said to have track speed, if Lebby is the offensive guy we all hope he is I'm sure he can find a way to get Wright the ball in open space and allow him to use that speed.

Todd4State
12-28-2023, 03:09 AM

I'm going to go with trash system and trash OC here. I'm definitely going to give Lebby a chance with him for sure. If he still happens to be lost we have Van Buren and I really like Kamario Taylor too.

Todd4State
12-28-2023, 03:16 AM
Wright can help us in other areas, we don't need him at QB. He is said to have track speed, if Lebby is the offensive guy we all hope he is I'm sure he can find a way to get Wright the ball in open space and allow him to use that speed.

I'm not sure if he can be anything other than a wildcat QB in this system. Unless he can catch. But he doesn't seem to like contact too much.

Todd4State
12-28-2023, 03:24 AM
Retreads always get another job... for a while. Not to get bogged down in the (continual) agenda... but 2022 was a horrible, horrible coaching and offensive effort. And EVERYONE, but a couple folks know it. Lolz!

I would have liked to have been a fly on the wall on that interview to listen to what Barbay would have blamed everything on.

I wonder if he used the "best 11" line on Fritz?

bulldawg28
12-28-2023, 04:12 AM

If Wright isn't playing WR he shouldn't touch the field.

NCMSTFAN
12-28-2023, 07:11 AM
If Wright isn't playing WR he shouldn't touch the field.

Lining him up at Receiver and hitting with with a quick slant with blockers in front is an option, some wildcat is also.... We don't need him to be QB1 like he was last year but you can't deny his speed. Obviously he wouldn't be a major part of the offense but he can be utilized.