PDA

View Full Version : Look at the Bright side

CadaverDawg
12-24-2023, 02:25 PM
Maybe Ole Miss buying this National Championship will have the same effect on our football buy in as it did Ole Miss's baseball buy in when we won a Natty in baseball.

Since nothing else will make State pony up and play big boy ball, maybe watching Ole Miss do it while we suck, will piss enough folks off to step the heck up and decide we want to take it seriously

Their current talent haul is impressive, and we can't do a damn thing but stick our heads in the sand and hope they fall on their face, or step up

RezDog7
12-24-2023, 02:28 PM
Maybe Ole Miss buying this National Championship will have the same effect on our football buy in as it did Ole Miss's baseball buy in when we won a Natty in baseball.

Since nothing else will make State pony up and play big boy ball, maybe watching Ole Miss do it while we suck, will piss enough folks off to step the heck up and decide we want to take it seriously

Their current talent haul is impressive, and we can't do a damn thing but stick our heads in the sand and hope they fall on their face, or step up

Go buy some players then. Nobody is stopping you.

chef dixon
12-24-2023, 02:34 PM
They are still a a notch or two below Bama, UGA etc. There's a reason those schools aren't getting these guys. They don't need them. They have higher rated guys on the 3 deep

Tripp McNeely
12-24-2023, 02:40 PM

Their record won't be any better next year than it was last year...granted I'd kill for 10 wins next year, but a Natty...cmon mane!

Bdawg
12-24-2023, 02:42 PM
They are still a a notch or two below Bama, UGA etc. There's a reason those schools aren't getting these guys. They don't need them. They have higher rated guys on the 3 deep

Agree. They may be getting some nice players but I haven’t seen Bama, UGA, OSU losing blue chip starters(or very very little cause there may be some) they signed from high school. OM doing good job though and capitalizing on their success, something we seem to fail to do.

Bdawg
12-24-2023, 02:44 PM

They will be good but a Natty is a stretch. But true, maybe it will drag us into the game.

HoopsDawg
12-24-2023, 02:46 PM
Their record won't be any better next year than it was last year...granted I'd kill for 10 wins next year, but a Natty...cmon mane!

10-2 will get them in the playoffs.

msstate7
12-24-2023, 02:50 PM
At lsu
Oklahoma
At ark (most likely not good, but they usually give OM trouble)
Georgia
At Florida

Need them to lose about 3 of these

CadaverDawg
12-24-2023, 02:54 PM
They could be preseason Top 5. So saying a Natty is out of the question, is the exact head in the sand mentality my post is talking about. But that's fine.

ZedFedder
12-24-2023, 02:55 PM
They are trying to capitalize on a weak schedule and load up. Don?t be surprised if they lose three.

Also, Nolen is good but he hasn?t ever wowed me.

parabrave
12-24-2023, 03:00 PM
At lsu
Oklahoma
At ark (most likely not good, but they usually give OM trouble)
Georgia
At Florida

Need them to lose about 3 of these

They won't. Might beat them all. LSU losing Daniels and their D will still suck won't beat Lane. Heck Kelly might be gone net year if they only win 9.

Tripp McNeely
12-24-2023, 03:01 PM
They could be preseason Top 5. So saying a Natty is out of the question, is the exact head in the sand mentality my post is talking about. But that's fine.

So, me saying that they won't win a natty means our fanbase has our "head in the sand"...got ya

msstate7
12-24-2023, 03:04 PM
They won't. Might beat them all. LSU losing Daniels and their D will still suck won't beat Lane. Heck Kelly might be gone net year if they only win 9.

Run the table? Damn, I don't see that at all

Bdawg
12-24-2023, 03:17 PM
Run the table? Damn, I don't see that at all

Me either. They have picked up some nice players but we basically shut them down for over a half this year with our craptastic team. Good? Yes. Natty? No. I think they may have the same record as last year. Unreal how they finally lose the auto conference win in Vandy and still get rewarded with one the easiest scheds in the conference.

DownwardDawg
12-24-2023, 03:19 PM
They going 9-3 or 8-4.

BeardoMSU
12-24-2023, 03:20 PM
They going 9-3 or 8-4.

Na...

FoggyBottom
12-24-2023, 03:38 PM
They might not win it all but OM will be in the conversation. The preseason PR alone leading up to the start of college football will be invaluable.

Coursesuper
12-24-2023, 03:49 PM

Our rank and file will talk it them down and poo poo them but our actual decision makers have already turned the page. They are getting after it and playing catch up. We still have a long way to go to overcome many self inflicted wounds, but at least we are aware and not burring heads in the earth up to our waist. They understand that in this environment we have to get a product on the field that people want to see and is fun to watch so we don’t get left behind.

CadaverDawg
12-24-2023, 04:01 PM
Our rank and file will talk it them down and poo poo them but our actual decision makers have already turned the page. They are getting after it and playing catch up. We still have a long way to go to overcome many self inflicted wounds, but at least we are aware and not burring heads in the earth up to our waist. They understand that in this environment we have to get a product on the field that people want to see and is fun to watch so we don’t get left behind.

That is good to hear

CadaverDawg
12-24-2023, 04:05 PM
So, me saying that they won't win a natty means our fanbase has our "head in the sand"...got ya

"A Natty....c'mon mane!"

They may be preseason top 5. That would make them a favorite to win it. At worst they will be Top 5-10. They return a ton and add the best portal class. So not thinking they could very well win it all with that cakewalk schedule, is in my opinion, head in sand.

Remember, it makes no difference if they beat Georgia, or if they lose 2 games. That still puts them in the playoff, where it becomes about matchups. Avoid a rematch with Georgia, or some of the top few teams in their side of the bracket, and you never know. And Lord knows if anyone can catch a damn break it's those shitheads

Coursesuper
12-24-2023, 04:14 PM
"A Natty....c'mon mane!"

They may be preseason top 5. That would make them a favorite to win it. At worst they will be Top 5-10. They return a ton and add the best portal class. So not thinking they could very well win it all with that cakewalk schedule, is in my opinion, head in sand.

Remember, it makes no difference if they beat Georgia, or if they lose 2 games. That still puts them in the playoff, where it becomes about matchups. Avoid a rematch with Georgia, or some of the top few teams in their side of the bracket, and you never know. And Lord knows if anyone can catch a damn break it's those shitheads

Those 17ers are as lucky as a 2 dick dog.

CadaverDawg
12-24-2023, 04:17 PM

You damn right.

99jc
12-24-2023, 04:24 PM
Who the 17 cares! i have to agree with the rebs some of you are obsessed with them get the 17 over it this is an msu board if i want to see knob drooling i will go to the spirit.

bulldawg28
12-24-2023, 04:33 PM
We're not far behind Ole Miss. They're not a deep team.

Coursesuper
12-24-2023, 04:56 PM
Who the 17 cares! i have to agree with the rebs some of you are obsessed with them get the 17 over it this is an msu board if i want to see knob drooling i will go to the spirit.

I really don’t see (knob slobing) I do some posters that have a realistic view of what our situation is. The confederates are having success and have a very well run athletic department at present. They have taken some chances that could have blown up on them that are paying off at present. I’m just glad that our administration isn’t doing as you suggest and we are actively working to improve our situation and making very positive progress.

bigbub50
12-24-2023, 05:05 PM
Here is something everyone needs to consider..

If Judkins and dart stay, they are about to have a few making 7 figures. And another several making high end 6 figures. There will be jealousy from other players over money, huge egos to manage in the locker room. And they will be drinking rat poison all off season. The pressure to make the playoff will be off the charts. They are going to be hunted each week. Can Kiffin manage all this? Maybe.

They have the talent to do it but so has Clemson and Tex am the last few years. They may implode from within. In the words of p daddy, mo money, mo problems. Let?s sit back and see how this plays out. I really believe they got lucky to win so many 1 score games this year and usually there is a ying to their yang.

Pancho
12-24-2023, 05:27 PM
Lame doing his best to load up on wins in 24 and then relocate to gator country as sun belt Billy will give way to an interim by mid season.........

PGHBulldogBG
12-24-2023, 05:30 PM
Would be hilarious if Clawson beats them in Winston-Salem next year. It?s not as far fetched as it sounds

DownwardDawg
12-24-2023, 05:30 PM
Lame doing his best to load up on wins in 24 and then relocate to gator country as sun belt Billy will give way to an interim by mid season.........

Almost no doubt that this is what's happening.

SailingDawg
12-24-2023, 05:45 PM

They?re impressive for a school in Mississippi, but they?re still 11th in the conference in recruiting.

Medic601
12-24-2023, 06:20 PM
Does Ole Miss have any depth in these positions? They seem to be buying a ton of starters but behind the starters, it is almost empty. You have to have depth to win national titles and I dont see Ole Miss having that.

BeardoMSU
12-24-2023, 08:57 PM

Their Baseball Natty is a testament to that! Makes me ****ing sick...

BeardoMSU
12-24-2023, 08:58 PM
I really don’t see (knob slobing) I do some posters that have a realistic view of what our situation is. The confederates are having success and have a very well run athletic department at present. They have taken some chances that could have blown up on them that are paying off at present. I’m just glad that our administration isn’t doing as you suggest and we are actively working to improve our situation and making very positive progress.

This^^^^!!!!

JFC at some deflecting....

Coursesuper
12-24-2023, 09:34 PM
Their Baseball Natty is a testament to that! Makes me ****ing sick...

You damn right.

Todd4State
12-24-2023, 10:00 PM

You're vastly underestimating LSU at Baton Rouge at night.

Todd4State
12-24-2023, 10:04 PM
Here is something everyone needs to consider..

If Judkins and dart stay, they are about to have a few making 7 figures. And another several making high end 6 figures. There will be jealousy from other players over money, huge egos to manage in the locker room. And they will be drinking rat poison all off season. The pressure to make the playoff will be off the charts. They are going to be hunted each week. Can Kiffin manage all this? Maybe.

They have the talent to do it but so has Clemson and Tex am the last few years. They may implode from within. In the words of p daddy, mo money, mo problems. Let?s sit back and see how this plays out. I really believe they got lucky to win so many 1 score games this year and usually there is a ying to their yang.

I think the biggest issue they will have is the roster turnover after 2024. It just seems like the bubble is going to burst at some point. Same with Colorado.

The other thing is if something doesn't go right there is a really good chance this thing implodes.

MBDawg601
12-24-2023, 10:20 PM
Thread title should be "EliteRebs".

This is getting ridiculous. I understand we were in a bad spot this year, but my God. Ole miss is not the best team in the country. They got HAMMERED by both Bama and Georgia. Please make this shit stop.

StoneDawg
12-24-2023, 10:46 PM

LOL

parabrave
12-24-2023, 10:53 PM
You're vastly underestimating LSU at Baton Rouge at night.

Thats over for awhile.

Todd4State
12-24-2023, 11:07 PM
Thats over for awhile.

Ask Alabama about that.

msstate7
12-25-2023, 12:01 AM
LSU really likes Nussmeier

RisperDawg
12-25-2023, 12:40 AM
You (OP) also said they'd win the West this year. Lol. Maybe look back at your previous proclamations before you make more.

CadaverDawg
12-25-2023, 12:55 AM
You (OP) also said they'd win the West this year. Lol. Maybe look back at your previous proclamations before you make more.

They came in 2nd. Sick burn.

RisperDawg
12-25-2023, 09:04 AM
They came in 2nd. Sick burn.

You had an emotional meltdown and told us we needed to prepare ourselves. Lol. I think that's the bigger takeaway. Still, I'm not sure if you're being intentionally obtuse or not, but the difference between first and second is lightyears. One is in the CFP and the SEC Champion and the other doesn't have those opportunities.

Anyway, Merry Christmas!

msudawg1200
12-25-2023, 11:55 AM
I've seen this story before. See 2009.

ArrowDawg
12-25-2023, 12:23 PM
OM in their fourth NY6 bowl in 9 years, and next year they'll almost assuredly make the playoff, but we're still trying to desperately convince ourselves that we're nipping at their heels and there's nothing to worry about. We better damn well all wake up and realize how bad a spot we're in right now.

CadaverDawg
12-25-2023, 02:04 PM
OM in their fourth NY6 bowl in 9 years, and next year they'll almost assuredly make the playoff, but we're still trying to desperately convince ourselves that we're nipping at their heels and there's nothing to worry about. We better damn well all wake up and realize how bad a spot we're in right now.

Yep, heads in the sand....or some have them in their asses too.

CadaverDawg
12-25-2023, 02:06 PM
You had an emotional meltdown and told us we needed to prepare ourselves. Lol. I think that's the bigger takeaway. Still, I'm not sure if you're being intentionally obtuse or not, but the difference between first and second is lightyears. One is in the CFP and the SEC Champion and the other doesn't have those opportunities.

Anyway, Merry Christmas!

"Light years"? Do you realize if they replicate this season next season they're in the playoff contending for a National Championship? You can't possibly be that dumb.

Coursesuper
12-25-2023, 02:08 PM

Welcome to the light!

DownwardDawg
12-25-2023, 02:33 PM

Neither school will ever separate far from the other. Never.
State won 9 games last year and beat them in Oxford. We were poised to win 8 or more again this year. Our coach died. Our AD left and our president promoted our DC as head coach. Turned out he was the worst coach in State history and tried to destroy the program in less than 1 season.
The vaunted ole miss team y'all are loving so much had 3 points in the 3rd quarter against the worst State team I've seen play since Rocky.

I'd hold off crowning them for anything and certainly saying they've left us behind.
State is going to beat them in Oxford next season. They are winning 8'or 9 games which is great, but Lebby is going to catch them. Y'all relax.
I'd

BeardoMSU
12-25-2023, 03:14 PM

Yep.

Coursesuper
12-25-2023, 03:17 PM
State won 9 games last year and beat them in Oxford. We were poised to win 8 or more again this year. Our coach died. Our AD left and our president promoted our DC as head coach. Turned out he was the worst coach in State history and tried to destroy the program in less than 1 season.
The vaunted ole miss team y'all are loving so much had 3 points in the 3rd quarter against the worst State team I've seen play since Rocky.

I'd hold off crowning them for anything and certainly saying they've left us behind.
State is going to beat them in Oxford next season. They are winning 8'or 9 games which is great, but Lebby is going to catch them. Y'all relax.
I'd

I’m sorry but I see this as maroon colored glasses view of the situation. People don’t need to relax, we are for the most part, I don’t see anyone in panic mode. That said we have to acknowledge that our current situation is not where the confederates are it’s not exactly close now. Our previous administration refused to recognize that everything changed, the confederates bought in fully and we’re living it now. We are aggressively working to rectify this, but it will take time, even with the portal and collective. And if we win 8 games next year it will be National Coach of the Year stuff from the new staff.

BeardoMSU
12-25-2023, 03:33 PM
I’m sorry but I see this as maroon colored glasses view of the situation. People don’t need to relax, we are for the most part, I don’t see anyone in panic mode. That said we have to acknowledge that our current situation is not where the confederates are it’s not exactly close now. Our previous administration refused to recognize that everything changed, the confederates bought in fully and we’re living it now. We are aggressively working to rectify this, but it will take time, even with the portal and collective. And if we win 8 games next year it will be National Coach of the Year stuff from the new staff.

This. Exactly.

maroonmania
12-25-2023, 03:53 PM

I'd

I would agree with this IF we were still under the prior traditional recruiting rules. But now that you can legally buy players both in the transfer portal and even out of HS I'm not so sure you can say that they can't permanently separate from us. Buying players has always been their specialty even under the old rules and we are now in a brave new world. I mean its not just us. OM is outdoing a lot of the traditional powers in the SEC as they have taken players away from schools like TA&M and TN in the transfer portal and I expect them to be among the top 4 to 5 teams in the SEC next year even with TX and OU added to the mix. I'm not so sure things we've known in the past are really valid anymore to gauge what we have going forward.

MBDawg601
12-25-2023, 08:22 PM
They have and probably always will out recruit us. Doesn't always translate to on field production. We are a year away from beating them in Oxford and we are "light-years away".

I am not sure what they are doing has to do with us, or what we as fans can do to change anything. This thread is pretty pointless and I really do not know what/who it is aimed at.

Unless this was the OP notifying us he is fully transitioning to a Reb fan. Then, it would make more sense.

KentuckyDawg13
12-28-2023, 09:12 AM
um still won't make it to the SEC Championship game.

MBDawg601
12-28-2023, 11:40 AM
um still won't make it to the SEC Championship game.

A handful of our posters are ready to give them the NC trophy, with nothing to stand on other than their Colonel Reb soap box.

Jack Lambert
12-28-2023, 04:31 PM
Ole Miss is not winning The NC in football. They have a good chance of making the playoff but getting into the last six in is not going to be easy. The first six are the 6 highest ranked conference champions. So, if the P4 gets their champions in and two G5 gets theirs that leaves six. Assuming GA, Mich, Utah and Florida State are the four P4 champions that means the last six will be selected from Ohio State, Penn State, Oregon, USC, Alabama, LSU, Texas, OU, Ole Miss possibly KSU, OK State. Then add some dark horse like Tenn or Clemson. Also you never know what A&m will be lie. What six do you think gets in?

lastmajordog
12-28-2023, 08:21 PM
del

lastmajordog
12-29-2023, 11:50 PM
om won altmost all of their SEC games by a td or less in the weakest west in recent memory. Basically heathy with qb, rb , and best receiver most of the year, a lot’s of impressive talent in the portal and 24 weak schedule in some time. Don’t have any idea of the quality of their depth but that is ALWAYS a problem for Dogs and rebs.If they stay healthy they absolutely will be a team to be reckoned with, but with a few key injuries especially with the stronger SEC teams .......you just never know.........Dart absolutely won several games with timely runs and smart passes.