PDA

View Full Version : We impressed Rutgers coach yesterday

Coach34
12-24-2023, 11:55 AM
https://twitter.com/AlexMurphyJour/status/1738641608952688783?s=20

Joebob
12-24-2023, 12:21 PM
Let's hope we impress some SEC coaches, starting in a few weeks.

CaptainObvious
12-24-2023, 01:43 PM
Wait! Rutgers coach reads Elitedawgs?

Bdawg
12-24-2023, 01:46 PM
We did pretty well after the first 4-5 mins. Bell was the key. Monster on the boards and out manned them down low. Got their big in foul trouble and they had zero answer for anything in the paint. Our defense dropped when Bell went out too.

Coach34
12-24-2023, 02:41 PM
We did pretty well after the first 4-5 mins. Bell was the key. Monster on the boards and out manned them down low. Got their big in foul trouble and they had zero answer for anything in the paint. Our defense dropped when Bell went out too.

We held them to 37% and dominated the boards. Had a hand in shooter's faces all game. We played physically on offense too which is what I liked. Attacked the basket. Bell was a monster but even without his 18 rebounds- we still outrebounded them. Rutgers had a nice size crowd there too. Good win

THE Bruce Dickinson
12-24-2023, 03:04 PM
We held them to 37% and dominated the boards. Had a hand in shooter's faces all game. We played physically on offense too which is what I liked. Attacked the basket. Bell was a monster but even without his 18 rebounds- we still outrebounded them. Rutgers had a nice size crowd there too. Good win

I kind of hate that this game was classified as a neutral site game. Yes, it was not at Rutgers usual venue, but the game was in Trenton. I hope that's not overlooked by the committee come March. That's like calling our Tupelo game a Neutral site. It's not.

Bdawg
12-24-2023, 03:37 PM

Yep. And neutral site my butt.

maroonmania
12-24-2023, 04:34 PM
Amazing the difference in where we would be if we could erase the last 4 minutes of that Southern game. If we were 11-1 without Smith even having seen the floor yet we would be ranked in the Top 20 and everyone would be feeling great about this team.

maroonmania
12-24-2023, 04:39 PM
I kind of hate that this game was classified as a neutral site game. Yes, it was not at Rutgers usual venue, but the game was in Trenton. I hope that's not overlooked by the committee come March. That's like calling our Tupelo game a Neutral site. It's not.

IMO if it's in the state of one of the teams playing that should count as a true road game and not a neutral site because the crowd will be totally one sided. That's a bigger factor than the actual arena. That's like saying us playing in Tupelo against an out of state team is a neutral site.