PDA

View Full Version : Hey Weather Geeks

parabrave
12-23-2023, 03:07 PM
and SVD. I watched a dam good show on the Smithsonian Channel Last night called the Lost Tapes. It was a timeline collection of newscasts from the 74 Tornado outbreak which decimated an area from Athens Alabama to the mid Ohio region. It gives you a good insight between the weather forecasting from then to what it is now. It should be must watching for all Meteorology students.

DownwardDawg
12-23-2023, 03:16 PM
That sounds very interesting to me. I would enjoy seeing that.

RocketDawg
12-23-2023, 05:20 PM
and SVD. I watched a dam good show on the Smithsonian Channel Last night called the Lost Tapes. It was a timeline collection of newscasts from the 74 Tornado outbreak which decimated an area from Athens Alabama to the mid Ohio region. It gives you a good insight between the weather forecasting from then to what it is now. It should be must watching for all Meteorology students.

I remember that late afternoon and evening very well. WAAY Channel 31 had a black and white fuzzy radar and it was hard to tell what was going on. If the areas hit by the two F5's were populated then as they are now, there might have been hundreds killed.

parabrave
12-23-2023, 05:53 PM
It has that footage on there.

starkvegasdawg
12-23-2023, 10:38 PM
I'll have to see if I can find it.

parabrave
12-23-2023, 11:28 PM
It will broadcast next Dec 30th at 3PM

Rocket this is the segment that covers the Limestone County part

https://youtu.be/4JPXR4MsY4Q