PDA

View Full Version : Think our new DC

Bdawg
12-23-2023, 02:33 PM
Can drag any good defensive players not getting enough PT off the Bama squad next portal cycle? He should be right there to be in their ear and know if any will be looking around.

Leeshouldveflanked
12-23-2023, 03:12 PM
I think we get 2 maybe 3 from Bama

Bdawg
12-23-2023, 05:27 PM
Would be nice. Just ready for our DC to join full time and hopefully be on top of this 2nd portal window

CaptainObvious
12-23-2023, 06:38 PM
Can drag any good defensive players not getting enough PT off the Bama squad next portal cycle? He should be right there to be in their ear and know if any will be looking around.

Hopefully, the Wolverines will stomp a mud hole in the Red Terds and He can be on a plane to Starkville by 10 PM New Years Night!

Coursesuper
12-23-2023, 08:29 PM
Y’all do realize that we have 2 DC’s? There are co coordinators.

Bdawg
12-23-2023, 11:06 PM
Y’all do realize that we have 2 DC’s? There are co coordinators.

I thought someone said Bama guy was going to be calling the D. Co-DC or whatever, whoever is calling the D is the coordinator. The other is just a title. Is it Bama guy or not? Idk for sure.

vv83
12-23-2023, 11:11 PM
I thought someone said Bama guy was going to be calling the D. Co-DC or whatever, whoever is calling the D is the coordinator. The other is just a title. Is it Bama guy or not? Idk for sure.

That is accurate. Only 1 real DC. Memphis guy taking a demotion to come be a position coach

Bdawg
12-23-2023, 11:29 PM
That is accurate. Only 1 real DC. Memphis guy taking a demotion to come be a position coach

Well he may be “demoted” and still make more money. So is he demoted or not? May be in the eye of the beholder.

Medic601
12-23-2023, 11:31 PM
Widely reported that Helow (hired to replace Hutzler) has already left Michigan and is at Alabama working full time and will be coaching for Alabama in the Rose Bowl... so why is Hutzler not already in Starkville full time? Doesnt make much sense.

Bdawg
12-23-2023, 11:35 PM
Widely reported that Helow (hired to replace Hutzler) has already left Michigan and is at Alabama working full time and will be coaching for Alabama in the Rose Bowl... so why is Hutzler not already in Starkville full time? Doesnt make much sense.

Really? Idk. Guess Hutzler wants a ring? He can’t be on field if Hutzler is, unless other on field guys at Bama left.

Medic601
12-23-2023, 11:39 PM
I mean I could be wrong but here is one of the articles that says he is coaching? I dunno, I just find it weird. Saban would NEVER allow one of his new hires to continue to coach for a rival team like this...

https://theathletic.com/5121660/2023/12/14/alabama-nick-saban-michigan-george-helow/#

TheLostDawg
12-24-2023, 10:49 AM

Do we hired a special teams coach to call our defense next year and also have a guy that is in staff that has called defense just thus past season, though not good?

Bdawg
12-24-2023, 02:12 PM
Do we hired a special teams coach to call our defense next year and also have a guy that is in staff that has called defense just thus past season, though not good?

Still not sure who will be calling the D. Just thought someone said it was the Bama guy. But whoever calls the plays is the DC in my mind. No way 2 are calling plays. Now I can’t tell you which one is the more qualified to be calling the plays, but I can tell you I’m a little nervous about either one. Either way, it’s on Lebby to figure out who is CO-DCa and CO-DCb and let them know their roles. Just hope it works out.

StarkVegasSteve
12-24-2023, 02:22 PM
Hutzler will call the plays. I believe he has done it before(Texas 2021). Brown will be Co-DC and will have input into game planning out the play calls as well as be on the headset with Hutzler most of the game. One will be on field and one will be in the box. My guess is Hutlzer will be in the box and Brown on field.

Bdawg
12-24-2023, 02:31 PM
I mean I could be wrong but here is one of the articles that says he is coaching? I dunno, I just find it weird. Saban would NEVER allow one of his new hires to continue to coach for a rival team like this...

https://theathletic.com/5121660/2023/12/14/alabama-nick-saban-michigan-george-helow/#

Yeah I don’t like it but I think it’s been done in the past when a national championship is on the line. I’m sure Hutzler would like to have that on his resume if they win it all. I just wonder how much free time he has to work for us?

Bdawg
12-24-2023, 02:35 PM
Hutzler will call the plays. I believe he has done it before(Texas 2021). Brown will be Co-DC and will have input into game planning out the play calls as well as be on the headset with Hutzler most of the game. One will be on field and one will be in the box. My guess is Hutlzer will be in the box and Brown on field.

Thanks.

maroonmania
12-24-2023, 05:29 PM
Yeah I don?t like it but I think it?s been done in the past when a national championship is on the line. I?m sure Hutzler would like to have that on his resume if they win it all. I just wonder how much free time he has to work for us?

Well yea, didn't Mullen stay at FL to call the NC game after he already had our HC job? If we let him do it as HC then I don't see how we can say much about a future coordinator doing it even though I don't see the big deal in Bama going without a LB coach. Mullen as the OC made more sense.

Bdawg
12-24-2023, 05:52 PM
Well yea, didn't Mullen stay at FL to call the NC game after he already had our HC job? If we let him do it as HC then I don't see how we can say much about a future coordinator doing it even though I don't see the big deal in Bama going without a LB coach. Mullen as the OC made more sense.

Yeah I guess he did. But like you said, it’s not like Saban is losing a coordinator

TheLostDawg
12-24-2023, 07:23 PM
Yeah I guess he did. But like you said, it’s not like Saban is losing a coordinator

Yet he's going to call plays for us. Hopefully he's more involved than just st coach and that's why we brought him on

Bdawg
12-25-2023, 12:46 AM
Yet he's going to call plays for us. Hopefully he's more involved than just st coach and that's why we brought him on

I hope he’s the best thing since sliced bread. Time will tell. Just ready for him to get to work full time here!

LibraryDawg
12-26-2023, 03:25 PM
Any chance Nic Scourton from Purdue follows his teammate to Starkville?