PDA

View Full Version : DJ Jeffries reminds me of Kodi Augustus

Coach34
12-23-2023, 02:09 PM
Is a good player who thinks he is All-Conference but just cant ever be THAT guy.

Goldendawg
12-23-2023, 02:18 PM
Saw him shake off giving the ball to Hubbard once so he could dribble around like he is an AA point guard. Despise having him end up with the ball so many times with the shot clock winding down so he can brick a three. This happens far too often and Jans better take the ball out of his hands in instances like this or it will cost us a couple of SEC games that are close.

KOdawg1
12-23-2023, 02:26 PM
He's an elite defender. That's his role.

He's a bull in a china shop on offense

MoreCowbell
12-23-2023, 03:21 PM
He is a great defender and he rebounds. I think the good outweighs the bad.

QuadrupleOption
12-23-2023, 04:19 PM
He's an elite defender. That's his role.

He's a bull in a china shop on offense

This is correct. There's a reason why he's a starter. If he keeps playing Defense and gives us ~10 points a game he's a net positive for us. He doesn't have to average a double-double to be a great player for our team. Having said that, I'd like to see him make more than 20% of his 3-point attempts.

Goldendawg
12-23-2023, 04:57 PM
This is correct. There's a reason why he's a starter. If he keeps playing Defense and gives us ~10 points a game he's a net positive for us. He doesn't have to average a double-double to be a great player for our team. Having said that, I'd like to see him make more than 20% of his 3-point attempts.

I'd like to see him copy Matthews's recent game and drive to the hoop and give his three's to someone else, especially after his dribble fest deep into the shot clock leading to usually a missed desperation shot. He is great on D and can get rebounds and 8 to 10 points. Three's, not so much.

parabrave
12-23-2023, 05:20 PM
I'd like to see him copy Matthews's recent game and drive to the hoop and give his three's to someone else, especially after his dribble fest deep into the shot clock leading to usually a missed desperation shot. He is great on D and can get rebounds and 8 to 10 points. Three's, not so much.

Jans has tried the last few games to get him to do that. Cam has and look at hiss game now.

Bdawg
12-23-2023, 11:10 PM
He is a great defender and he rebounds. I think the good outweighs the bad.

If he shoots less, he becomes more valuable

parabrave
12-24-2023, 02:58 AM
If he shoots less, he becomes more valuable

It's not the shooting part it's where he is taking the shots thats the problem. And oh yeah the excessive dribbling,

Reunion Dog
12-24-2023, 03:11 AM
Kodi and his sister would run circles around DJ.