PDA

View Full Version : SC insider CB's Hill to MSU

BlackSailsDawg
12-23-2023, 11:29 AM
https://247sports.com/PlayerInstitution/daniel-hill-at-meridian-271653/CurrentExpertPredictions/

HAILSTATE!!

Bdawg
12-23-2023, 12:17 PM
Supposedly he?s signed his NLI so the hay is in the barn. Hopefully the good guys. Hard to believe it will stay a secret till Jan 6.

BlackSailsDawg
12-23-2023, 12:25 PM
and with Bama taking the RB from Miami, I think the writing is on the wall

Bdawg
12-23-2023, 12:35 PM
and with Bama taking the RB from Miami, I think the writing is on the wall

Mentioned that earlier in another thread. Was glad to see Bama get that guy.

BlackSailsDawg
12-23-2023, 12:36 PM
Mentioned that earlier in another thread. Was glad to see Bama get that guy.

Yeah, it should be a sign for Hill. IMO.

Pancho
12-24-2023, 08:52 AM
looks to be a full stable of RB's then.

R2Dawg
12-24-2023, 09:23 AM
looks to be a full stable of RB's then.

Yep and when has MSU not been able to fill a backfield with stud RBs? It is one of our brands that we are good at, like DL and CB. We just produce them like growing grass.

Bdawg
12-24-2023, 02:21 PM
Yep and when has MSU not been able to fill a backfield with stud RBs? It is one of our brands that we are good at, like DL and CB. We just produce them like growing grass.

Starting worry about DL. Although we have put out some monsters, it’s not like a lot them were a blank slate. Cox, Jones, Simmons and Autry were pretty highly touted. Goes back to recruiting and I’m not sure why we are not getting better traction on more top end DL recruits. Maybe next cycle will prove differently.

StarkVegasSteve
12-24-2023, 02:24 PM
Starting worry about DL. Although we have put out some monsters, it’s not like a lot them were a blank slate. Cox, Jones, Simmons and Autry were pretty highly touted. Goes back to recruiting and I’m not sure why we are not getting better traction on more top end DL recruits. Maybe next cycle will prove differently.

The one's this cycle are paper tigers. Rush and Beavers will never see the field at OM and are big time projects. Hibbler and Franklin are the two best, along with Echoles. Although I still think Echoles is going to end up transferring as well.

Bdawg
12-24-2023, 02:47 PM
I’ve heard people say this about Rush and Beavers, and how Hibbler is very undervalued. Hope this isnt sour grapes by our side. Time will tell. Need Turner to turn T Williams into another monster of ours to keep the trend going.

Coursesuper
12-24-2023, 03:35 PM

The reason we don?t have backs that are like have been on the field for us in the past is we just came of of 3 years running the true air raid.

FISHDAWG
12-25-2023, 12:49 PM
Starting worry about DL. Although we have put out some monsters, it?s not like a lot them were a blank slate. Cox, Jones, Simmons and Autry were pretty highly touted. Goes back to recruiting and I?m not sure why we are not getting better traction on more top end DL recruits. Maybe next cycle will prove differently.

Is it me or did Crumedy seem to regress this year?

R2Dawg
12-25-2023, 02:08 PM
Starting worry about DL. Although we have put out some monsters, it?s not like a lot them were a blank slate. Cox, Jones, Simmons and Autry were pretty highly touted. Goes back to recruiting and I?m not sure why we are not getting better traction on more top end DL recruits. Maybe next cycle will prove differently.

Yeah, Cox, Jones and Smmons are the big names recently but we've had stud DL for decades, some didn't make big splashes in NFL but were really good in college.

R2Dawg
12-25-2023, 02:09 PM
The reason we don?t have backs that are like have been on the field for us in the past is we just came of of 3 years running the true air raid.

Yeah that set us back a bit but we can recover quickly here based on our history and athletes available in Miss.

maroonmania
12-25-2023, 03:37 PM
Yeah, Cox, Jones and Smmons are the big names recently but we've had stud DL for decades, some didn't make big splashes in NFL but were really good in college.

Yea, but these recruits have no idea where all these guys went to school based on the player introductions at the opening of their games. :( ***

Lord McBuckethead
12-25-2023, 07:05 PM

Happens when you don?t have Wheat sucking up two blockers every single snap.

HancockCountyDog
12-25-2023, 07:23 PM

To be fair, he was playing a ton of snaps.

Jacknut
12-26-2023, 12:39 PM
To be fair, he was playing a ton of snaps.

I could be wrong, but I think the 3-3-5 is more designed for the LBs and safeties to make the plays, while the DL slants and crosses to confuse blocking to help them do it.

Todd4State
12-26-2023, 01:41 PM

2025 is big for Turner. There are some good DL prospects that I think we can get and there is a four star DL named Carius Curne from Arkansas that is a heavy MSU lean for now. There are some good DL prospects in 2026 as well. If we do Ok next year we should be Ok. We signed four DL last cycle and Trevion and Dinkins might be able to get medical RS at some point if needed. At any rate we have Dinkins and Trevion for at least a couple of years unless we decide to process them.

Hibbler is an Army AA and McClendon is a late bloomer.

If Golding leaves we might be able to get in on Maddox but that remains to be seen.

Todd4State
12-26-2023, 01:43 PM

I definitely think there was a perfect storm element to a degree with Turner in the past with those three that you're talking about. Those kind of players don't grow on trees.

Coursesuper
12-26-2023, 02:10 PM
2025 is big for Turner. There are some good DL prospects that I think we can get and there is a four star DL named Carius Curne from Arkansas that is a heavy MSU lean for now. There are some good DL prospects in 2026 as well. If we do Ok next year we should be Ok. We signed four DL last cycle and Trevion and Dinkins might be able to get medical RS at some point if needed. At any rate we have Dinkins and Trevion for at least a couple of years unless we decide to process them.

Hibbler is an Army AA and McClendon is a late bloomer.

If Golding leaves we might be able to get in on Maddox but that remains to be seen.

Who is hiring Pete Golding away from the confederacy? He’s red, blue and gray thru and thru and he’d be talking a pay cut to move down as a head coach, which he ain’t.

Bdawg
12-26-2023, 03:02 PM

I think we can certainly say he didn?t improve. Our D got better when he came back the year before from injury but nothing this year from him made me say wow. Although I don?t think our scheme was designed to showcase DLmen as much as LBers but man every once in awhile a DL should get loose. Didn?t see that much Crumedy. Pick I thought gave us the best pressure as a starting DL.