PDA

View Full Version : Prime signed 5 HS kids so far... Five.

Leroy Jenkins
12-22-2023, 10:19 AM
Sustainable?

HancockCountyDog
12-22-2023, 10:26 AM
He wants to win next year and then leave, so this is fine for Prime, not great for the future Colorado coach.

Leeshouldveflanked
12-22-2023, 10:29 AM
That place will be in a big mess when he leaves

RockyDog
12-22-2023, 10:32 AM
I think theres a big chance his give a crap walks out the door with Shadure. The shine is already gone and if they don't have a winning season this next year, all the rappers and actors hanging out on the sidelines will find a new shiny toy elsewhere.

If you watch his Prime series even early on in the season, Prime is tired and not healthy. Just don't see him sticking around for much longer after his own kids are gone.

MetEdDawg
12-22-2023, 10:47 AM
It will be a case study in just how far the portal can take you.

Can you use the portal almost exclusively and completely revamp your team's holes and win a bunch of games?

Is this a blueprint for teams that might not be able to compete to get the best kids out of high school to use the portal and get those kids that way?

I think the answer is no. But I'm interested to see if the issues he stayed publicly last year with certain position groups like his OL are able to magically transform into better groups in just one offseason with completely new players.

smootness
12-22-2023, 01:19 PM
Not at all sustainable. HS recruiting is still the foundation of your program.

msstate7
12-22-2023, 01:55 PM
Football obviously has more players, but I remember beard being quite successful in MBK going with basically transfers

parabrave
12-22-2023, 02:58 PM
Not a way to build a program.

IamSomebody
12-22-2023, 03:48 PM
He wants to win right now. He doesn’t have time to develop players for many reasons. The sense of urgency, his sons leaving, and his poor health.

I can’t blame Colorado for making the gamble, but I think it will end badly for them.

Coursesuper
12-22-2023, 03:51 PM
I guess we shall see. He’s not in a fertile high school recruiting area so might as well find some that you have good tape on at a level well above high school.

bulldawg28
12-22-2023, 05:31 PM
This proves that talent alone doesn't equate to winning. The team has to mesh and gel. It's VERY difficult if clear roles and responsibilities aren't given.

Leroy Jenkins
12-22-2023, 05:46 PM
There is something to be said for building a program that indoctrinates everyone in the culture and how things are done. Having to reestablish that every year wastes a lot of time. There is a reason bama, UGA, OSU, etc are at the bottom of the transfer rankings every year.

BlackSailsDawg
12-22-2023, 06:26 PM
Sustainable?

No, it's not. It's horrible and will degrade that program in the short and long term.

smootness
12-22-2023, 06:40 PM
There is something to be said for building a program that indoctrinates everyone in the culture and how things are done. Having to reestablish that every year wastes a lot of time. There is a reason bama, UGA, OSU, etc are at the bottom of the transfer rankings every year.

Absolutely. Check out the recruiting rankings and then the portal rankings. One is almost entirely correlated with winning, and one is not at all.

StarkVegasSteve
12-22-2023, 10:28 PM
He wants to win next year and then leave, so this is fine for Prime, not great for the future Colorado coach.

THIS. He wanted to win just enough this year to pack up shop and leave and then they tanked. Now he will try the same thing in a watered down Big 12. He is going to win anywhere between 4 and 7 games. I imagine his sights are set on either the FL job, USCe job, or Arky job. I don't think he is ready for an SEC job, but maybe he will prove me wrong.

R2Dawg
12-23-2023, 09:23 AM
Football obviously has more players, but I remember beard being quite successful in MBK going with basically transfers

Basketball is a little different. Get 1-2 big time players and you can win. QB in football is closest thing but it takes a lot more really good players in football. A good basketball team may only play 7 guys and only 2-3 have to be real good.

R2Dawg
12-23-2023, 09:25 AM
This proves that talent alone doesn't equate to winning. The team has to mesh and gel. It's VERY difficult if clear roles and responsibilities aren't given.

This is true over and over again. Why TAMU has not won big. Bama almost proved it this year but pulled one out of a hat.

PGHBulldogBG
12-23-2023, 11:17 AM
Considering how awful Colorado was in the 2022/2023 season Prime did not do as bad as people make it out to be. If I were a Colorado fan though I would definitely expect a big jump next year with going to the big 12. In the new big 12, Colorado should be near the top of the standings most years along with Utah, Ok State, TCU and WVU

Pancho
12-24-2023, 08:55 AM
The Buffs will get everyones best shot so I'll go with 7 wins in the watered down league