12-21-2023, 12:29 AM
Cool. We should probably do the same.

ScoobaDawg
12-21-2023, 01:29 AM
Tweet deleted. Takes to ours.

Guess we won the day!!!!

smootness
12-21-2023, 04:18 AM
Sigh. This is exactly why these guys end up broke.

bulldawg28
12-21-2023, 04:51 AM

He didn't pay for it if it's his car.

smootness
12-21-2023, 05:24 AM
He didn't pay for it if it's his car.

Whether he used his NIL money or someone bought it for him, it is still money that could have otherwise ended up in his pocket and not spent immediately. There is no way Deion Smith is getting mega money in NIL, and it could be fleeting, so a Lambo is ridiculous and wasted.

Ranchdawg
12-21-2023, 06:27 AM
That?s very sad!

msstate7
12-21-2023, 06:38 AM
I would love to see the auto insurance quote for that. Under 25 male, damn. Sweet car

ZedFedder
12-21-2023, 07:12 AM
1. This is all legal now. You gotta play the game.

2. It would not surprise me if this was for show and loaned out for the day.

Maroonthirteen
12-21-2023, 07:45 AM
1. This is all legal now. You gotta play the game.

2. It would not surprise me if this was for show and loaned out for the day.

Yep. They rented a couple of exotic sports cars, parked them on the field for pics and twitter for Kam Franklin on one of his visits, last spring I believe. You may still be able to find it on his twitter.

Pancho
12-21-2023, 07:49 AM
memphis hookers still included?

AlSwearengen
12-21-2023, 07:54 AM
Probably just for a photo op and to get other recruit’s attention.

ZedFedder
12-21-2023, 07:59 AM
It?s smart honestly.

bulldawg28
12-21-2023, 08:09 AM
Whether he used his NIL money or someone bought it for him, it is still money that could have otherwise ended up in his pocket and not spent immediately. There is no way Deion Smith is getting mega money in NIL, and it could be fleeting, so a Lambo is ridiculous and wasted.

He'll never pay a dime for it and he'll receive money from Ole Miss. It also puts him ahead of the financial curve with no expenses after he leaves college, so this isn't hurting anyone other than a butt hurt fan. Don't be a hater of the kid that's reaping the benefits.

DownwardDawg
12-21-2023, 08:34 AM
Those luxury auto rental places provide a cool service......I guess.

Roy Munson
12-21-2023, 08:56 AM
Dude, if you think that’s “smart” then I don’t know what to tell ya. That 400k put in the market conservatively would be worth 6 million in 40 years if he never put another dime in there. And if he spends any additional money like he is on this, then he will end up with a lambo parked in front of an apartment and a $1500 a month insurance note with a baby seat in the passenger seat if his football career doesn’t continue to the professional ranks.

Ahead of the financial curve? How does an lambo put him ahead of the financial curve? It gets you from point A to point B just like any other vehicle minus the extra seating and trunk space.

All that said, it’s probably a rental and done for show but the above scenario is how 97% of these situations will play out. Can’t say I wouldn’t have blown it myself at that age if I was in charge of it all, but that doesn’t make it smart. My folks would have stashed it all away for me, and I’m sure I would have let them at 20 years old and I’d be retiring about right now.

Cooterpoot
12-21-2023, 09:03 AM
It's a rental

viverlibre
12-21-2023, 09:06 AM
Dude, if you think that’s “smart” then I don’t know what to tell ya. That 400k put in the market conservatively would be worth 6 million in 40 years if he never put another dime in there. And if he spends any additional money like he is on this, then he will end up with a lambo parked in front of an apartment and a $1500 a month insurance note with a baby seat in the passenger seat if his football career doesn’t continue to the professional ranks.

Ahead of the financial curve? How does an lambo put him ahead of the financial curve? It gets you from point A to point B just like any other vehicle minus the extra seating and trunk space.

All that said, it’s probably a rental and done for show but the above scenario is how 97% of these situations will play out. Can’t say I wouldn’t have blown it myself at that age if I was in charge of it all, but that doesn’t make it smart. My folks would have stashed it all away for me, and I’m sure I would have let them at 20 years old and I’d be retiring about right now.

He didn't buy that car, it's a loaner or a rental. Just a prop.

ZedFedder
12-21-2023, 09:09 AM
Yeah, I meant it was smart to rent it on OM part. It would not be a wise purchase if they truly bought it for him.

Biguglyjoe
12-21-2023, 09:28 AM
Lane likes his Lambos. Didn't they take an awful picture at Tennessee with an orange one?

Maverick91
12-21-2023, 10:41 AM
Dude, if you think that?s ?smart? then I don?t know what to tell ya. That 400k put in the market conservatively would be worth 6 million in 40 years if he never put another dime in there. And if he spends any additional money like he is on this, then he will end up with a lambo parked in front of an apartment and a $1500 a month insurance note with a baby seat in the passenger seat if his football career doesn?t continue to the professional ranks.

All that said, it?s probably a rental and done for show but the above scenario is how 97% of these situations will play out. Can?t say I wouldn?t have blown it myself at that age if I was in charge of it all, but that doesn?t make it smart. My folks would have stashed it all away for me, and I?m sure I would have let them at 20 years old and I?d be retiring about right now.

Lol at 8% you are looking at 9.7 mill at 12% you are looking at closer to 47 mill. Insane compounding interest.

Dawgology
12-21-2023, 10:44 AM
Neat idea for a PR stunt. State REALLY needs to hire a young, innovative PR team/firm for football. Ours is still trying to figure out how to log in to Tik Tok.

Dawgology
12-21-2023, 10:46 AM
Lol at 8% you are looking at 9.7 mill at 12% you are looking at closer to 47 mill. Insane compounding interest.

Truth. Now. Where’s a good place that can guarantee me 8-12% a year? Mine has been in the crapper the past few years losing money. I’ve done better with CD’s….SMH.

Roy Munson
12-21-2023, 11:02 AM
Hence why I said conservatively. Doubling every 10 years would put it over 6 million. Again, very conservative.

TheLostDawg
12-21-2023, 11:09 AM
Neat idea for a PR stunt. State REALLY needs to hire a young, innovative PR team/firm for football. Ours is still trying to figure out how to log in to Tik Tok.

That's some dawgology right there

PMDawg
12-21-2023, 12:13 PM
Quick, somebody send me the link to the NIL fund again. LOL

Dirty Dirk
12-21-2023, 02:36 PM
Dude, if you think that?s ?smart? then I don?t know what to tell ya. That 400k put in the market conservatively would be worth 6 million in 40 years if he never put another dime in there. And if he spends any additional money like he is on this, then he will end up with a lambo parked in front of an apartment and a $1500 a month insurance note with a baby seat in the passenger seat if his football career doesn?t continue to the professional ranks.

All that said, it?s probably a rental and done for show but the above scenario is how 97% of these situations will play out. Can?t say I wouldn?t have blown it myself at that age if I was in charge of it all, but that doesn?t make it smart. My folks would have stashed it all away for me, and I?m sure I would have let them at 20 years old and I?d be retiring about right now.

What's the buying power of 6 million gonna be in 40 years?

Maverick91
12-21-2023, 03:42 PM
Truth. Now. Where’s a good place that can guarantee me 8-12% a year? Mine has been in the crapper the past few years losing money. I’ve done better with CD’s….SMH.

Lol you are baiting me. I'm not going to take it. I don't need SVD shutting this thread down.

dawggoneit
12-21-2023, 04:08 PM
Well one thing, that is a totally useless car in MS. First pothole would totally rip the undercarriage out.

bulldawg28
12-21-2023, 04:44 PM
Lol you are baiting me. I'm not going to take it. I don't need SVD shutting this thread down.

Give me some free gems!

Bdawg
12-21-2023, 05:01 PM
Well one thing, that is a totally useless car in MS. First pothole would totally rip the undercarriage out.

You damn right!! This is just another image, "look at me" thing, that is all about OM. Image, image, image!!! They live for it. Want to appear rich and flashy(rented chandeliers and cold chicken fingers), but we all know it's a damn rental that has to go back the next day. Just some aTm wanna be's. Now I’m not saying the recruits don’t like it and we should be finding ways to attract them too. Surely the player didn’t spend a dime on it.

BuckyIsAB****
12-21-2023, 05:07 PM
Man im still paying for the classes I failed in college.

Todd4State
12-21-2023, 05:11 PM

I'm sure that there is a company that would happily rent us a Lambo to a recruit for fee.

If I was a recruit I would prefer a Shelby Cobra or even a Mustang would do really.

Dawgology
12-21-2023, 05:14 PM

Dammit. Was looking for some free advice

lastmajordog
12-21-2023, 09:49 PM
You damn right!! This is just another image, "look at me" thing, that is all about OM. Image, image, image!!! They live for it. Want to appear rich and flashy(rented chandeliers and cold chicken fingers), but we all know it's a damn rental that has to go back the next day. Just some aTm wanna be's. Now I’m not saying the recruits don’t like it and we should be finding ways to attract them too. Surely the player didn’t spend a dime on it.

As I posted in an earlier thread, any born MS fan will tell you image is EVERYTHING !!! If you go to a game in the “GROVE”.....they may have a fake chandelier with cold chicken tenders and ham, but if they pretend to talk to you they will do the “Grove over shoulder Look”. Always looking for someone more famous or more popular person to talk to or about. In the Velvet Ditch...it just means more to been seen in the light of envy.

Bothrops
12-21-2023, 11:33 PM

That's a fact. There's at least a few Lambo owners in Madison. One belongs to a former pro athlete, but I'm not sure who it is. If you drove one of those down State St in Jackson it'd be in a shop for a week.

Lord McBuckethead
12-22-2023, 08:57 AM

And the ones that don't make the money, end up broke too, right?.....

State82
12-22-2023, 09:12 AM
That's a fact. There's at least a few Lambo owners in Madison. One belongs to a former pro athlete, but I'm not sure who it is. If you drove one of those down State St in Jackson it'd be in a shop for a week.

And if you took one down Riverside Drive it would never even be seen again.

Coursesuper
12-22-2023, 09:17 AM
Now that I think about it, it makes sense that they are going all in on the portal and NIL spending now. With the outcome of the latest litigation in California that could cost athletic departments hundreds of billions across the country. They understand the hit that they may take and are willing to take their shot now before the they could be cash strapped. On top of this the case could be the one that breaks the camels back on realignment and is why FSU is positioning itself to exit the ACC as fast as possible. This will be interesting to watch, I now our folks are very aware of this situation and I hope we are able to insulate ourselves from to much harm if we can.

Maroonthirteen
12-22-2023, 10:16 AM

We have young innovative people. The problem is having the booster (or their "go-fer")who wants to drive to Atlanta pick up the car, drop the $2-3K to rent it and return it.....just so this dude, that failed out of LSU, can get his 15 minutes of Insta fame.

MabenMaroon
12-22-2023, 12:04 PM
My question is, do all of the recruits get this same treatment? Do they have psychologists on staff who can determine which recruit won't get his ego bruised or feelings hurt if they don't get the lambo treatment? How do you provide this royal treatment to some and not to all?
Last time I checked football is a team sport that requires camaraderie and everybody being on the same page. The lambo treatment seems like it would promote dissent and pettiness in a group of 18-22 year old kids. JMHO

smootness
12-22-2023, 12:36 PM
And the ones that don't make the money, end up broke too, right?.....

Huh?